Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Training Camp Tweets feat. DC9 (Super Whatnot Gluton FREE Almond Milk Enriched edition)

I think he will carry 3 RB's and 1 FB.  There just isn't enough space on the 53, especially if he keeps 3 QB's.

Young, Morris, Helu are on.  Helu because he is a veteran and you generally keep a quality veteran over a rookie that at this point since there isn't that much difference between them overall.

Royster is gone.  That leaves CT, Redd and Seastrunk for the last spot.  Tough call, but I see either Seastrunk or Redd on the roster with the other on the PS.  I can see them keeping CT on the PS since we now get 10.  Need to see the enitre body of work to decide between Redd or Seastrunk.

I think WR will be easier:  Pierre Garçon, DeSean Jackson, Andre Roberts, Aldrick Robinson, Santana Moss and Ryan Grant

Hank will stay on PUP and at least one will head to the PS.

you say adapt to the players but wouldnt that be more throwing? We should have a great all around offense but dont just try to act like our roster is more suited just to play 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Alot of people think we have the best wr core in the league if not top 5. Everyone thinks we have the best young TE in the league. Our QB won the heisman a few years ago and had one of the greatest rookie seasons of all time. We should be able to move the ball through the air and move it well. Unlike others, I have no doubt that we will. It just may not hit full go until weeks 6-12 sometime

The key word is adapt. I would think that applies to as the season progresses. What we start out doing maybe totally different to what we end up doing.

I will be furious if we keep Thompson or Royster. The RB group should be Morris, Helu, Seastrunk and Redd. 

Royster's only argument is that he is about average or slightly below average at everything but does not have any big weaknesses. We don't need that. Morris has proven he is as durable as it gets. There is always the possibility of a freak injury but with 3 RB's (Helu being one of them) we would be completely fine. 

Thompson may be fast but he has shown absolutely nothing imo. Last year he played slow as a punt returner and he's looked that way again this year. He looks too small out there to do anything unless he's out in the open field. That's a very limited role/reason to keep a RB. 

I think you Morris and Helu take 95% or more of the carries this year but you keep Seastrunk and Redd because they have shown a lot as rookies that can really develop. They've earned their spots imo. Don't forget that we can still stash Thompson on the PS - I don't think other teams are going to look to steal him but if they do it's not much of a heartbreak. I was pumped when we drafted him but I've been really disappointed thus far. 

I don't know if Russell is saying we'll keep Royster and Thompson just to piss people off and get hits but it just does not make any sense. Neither one of them has shown anything all preseason or last year whereas Seastrunk has shown some very good flashes and Redd has been consistently impressive as a downhill, hard cutting runner all preasons/offseason. 

Friday's release of BenJarvus Green-Ellis solidifies rookie Jeremy Hill as the "banger complement" to Giovani Bernard, per Bengals.com.

Keep in mind the expectations of Hill playing a significant role in the Bengals' backfield are coming directly and repeatedly from the team's own website. Cedric Peerman and Rex Burkhead will make the final 53 as depth pieces with special teams value. Hill's workload remains uncertain entering Week 1 against Baltimore, but he could become an every-week RB2/flex sooner rather than later on a Bengals team that wants to pound the rock.

So, just had a quick interesting twitter conversation with Zac Boyer (Washington Times).

ZacBoyer Washington Times
And, before I step away from the Twitter machine, punters are a toss-up. Consistency is needed. Way has a stronger leg but no experience.
8/29/14, 12:01 PM

jflow78
@zacboyer Since Malone isn't consistent anyway, you think there's a chance Way steals the job?
8/29/14, 12:37 PM

ZacBoyer Washington Times
@jflow78 He's apparently been booming them in practice, which we can't see so I don't know for certain. If that's true, then yes, I do.
8/29/14, 12:51 PM

So, Tress Way may have actually earned the job.  If last night was any showing, he was better and has the stronger leg.  Consistency is the worry, but Malone has proven inconsistent anyway.

Zac Boyer @ZacBoyer 22m

RT @RavensInsider Haloti Ngata fined $8,268 for kicking Redskins offensive guard Shawn Lauvao, fine is for unnecessary roughness

Yay! An intentional act of unnecessary roughness merits half the fine and no suspension.  A clean football play shoulder into the numbers with the receiver initiating any helmet contact is worth a two game suspension.

Seems NFL fair.  :doh:

This should be a more run based attack than the Bengals.  I'm hoping Jay turns out to be a coach similar to Gibbs I.   When Joe came in here he wanted Air Coryell, but then realized the strengths of the team and made it Riggo dominant.  By season 2 he won the Superbowl.

Adapt to the players.  We've had too many guys where "what we do works" and the rigidity to the scheme almost never paid off.

What has stood out for me is how well-oiled of a machine the team is under Gruden.  Where are the constant stupid penalties we've sometimes come to expect in the past? He looks to be striking an excellent balance between delegating responsibility and getting involved.

I've felt nervous about the play RG3 has shown this preseason and would not be surprised if he has a very rusty start... but knowing his drive to win especially in the final quarters I see no better coach at this time to bring out what he is capable of.  Whatever bumps come in the road, I have a lot of faith in Gruden to rally the team to a higher level.

I beg to differ.  Im having flashes in my head of Redd joining the Cowboys and murdering our defense when we play them.

Yeah, I really don't see that happening for a variety of reasons.  Not the least of which being that I don't think Dallas is looking for a RB, and if they were, they wouldn't hand him the ball anyway.

A quick comment about practice squads...

If someone wanted any of our releaased players, they don't have to wait until they're on our practice squad to do so, correct? Can't the released player choose NOT to sign onto the Skins' PS, and instead sign on to someone else's PS? Chase Daniel did that, didn't he?...Vinny told him they wanted him for their PS and he signed onto the Saints' PS instead.

So the issue isn't really having another team sign the guy from our PS onto their 53, but rather the players picking other teams to sign with, PS or 53.

That said, go to NFL.com and look at how many young or rookie RBs have done well this preseason...Redd and Strunk aren't the only ones. 95% of the time teams don't have to worry that much about not getting players to their PS.

Paul Conner ‏@P_Hazard 8s

While pass protection for RBs is important, it's not the end all, be all. Speed will trump it especially in Gruden's offense.

All of this is true, but I think that there's a preliminary step as well: they have to clear waivers first before they become a FA. So, let's say the team decides they are going to release Redd.  The first thing that happens is that he goes into the waiver process, and another team can pick him up and sign him to their 53, I believe in the waiver order.  

If he clears waivers, then he's an unrestricted FA.  The 'Skins could offer him a spot on their PS, and he could accept, or he could sign on a different one.  His choice.

I believe this happened with (I don't remember his name, short QB who ended up on the saints winning a SB as a backup to Brees) I think he was cut, and the 'Skins tried to get him on the PS, but he chose to go to New Orleans' practice squad instead, then got promoted to the 53, now has hardware.

I could be wrong about everything I just posted, but I sorta remember all of it. :)

I really don't understand the fascination with Royster some fans still have.  It's mind-boggling.

I don't know one fan who's posted that they have a fascination with Royster.  I think he's somewhat under-rated, and that might be the highest complement that he's received this entire off-season.  And I, who might have given him his highest praise, would take any of the other RBs over him.  So I'm not sure where this is coming from...

If I had to see us take one guy after Morris and Helu, it would be Seastrunk.  He doesn't have the injury history of CT, but he has the speed, and he won't be counted on immediately since Helu can handle 3rd down back stuff until he's ready.

I agree with this.  But I think they'd need to have Redd on the PS in case Morris got hurt.  Because Helu couldn't be a feature back.  Redd probably could take a pounding a little better, eat up more touches...

I could envision Seastrunk having more plays then Morris next year.

I could envision myself married to Scarlet Johnannson, except that we've never met and she lives with her fiance in France.

This should be a more run based attack than the Bengals.  I'm hoping Jay turns out to be a coach similar to Gibbs I.   When Joe came in here he wanted Air Coryell, but then realized the strengths of the team and made it Riggo dominant.  By season 2 he won the Superbowl.

Adapt to the players.  We've had too many guys where "what we do works" and the rigidity to the scheme almost never paid off.

I think there is no question that they will run the ball more.  And I think Gruden is going to adapt to his personnel. 

That said, I really hope that they do allow Griffin to throw the ball around a bunch, both for his development, and the big problem with a ground-based attack is that it it lowers the margin of error. You can't ground and pound to 35 points a game.  You can have a fantastic offensive half, and still only come away with a handful of points if you get stuck on play 10 of a drive at the 45 a few times and have to punt. 

Gotta keep Lache over Thompson. He's always in the tub and can't help the club.

What a poet, I didn't even know it. 

I will be furious if we keep Thompson or Royster. The RB group should be Morris, Helu, Seastrunk and Redd. 

I think you're going to be furious.  Just a hunch,  think that either CT or Royster will make the team, if not both.  Though I would prefer Redd and Trunk

Friday's release of BenJarvus Green-Ellis solidifies rookie Jeremy Hill as the "banger complement" to Giovani Bernard, per Bengals.com.

If there wasn't a log jam, I'd say that he wouldn't be a bad pickup, if only that he knows the blitz pickups and check-downs in this offense.  

I also like his nickname, The Law Firm.  

Zac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer 22m

RT @RavensInsider Haloti Ngata fined $8,268 for kicking Redskins offensive guard Shawn Lauvao, fine is for unnecessary roughness

That's 10 times to light. But good somebody finally saw it and reacted to it.

Aldon Smith suspended 9 games for violation of personal conduct rule.

HTTR!

CHEATER! CHEATER! CHEATER!!! 

what??? crawford was cut?? i always liked him...hopefully he ends up on our PS.

By all accounts, he didn't have a great off-season.  He might end up on the PS, if they think he's worth it.  

Zac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer 30s

#Redskins are still reviewing the medicals with Chris Neild, who is believed to have torn the ACL in his right knee last night in Tampa Bay.

I feel terrible for Neild.  Dude works extremely hard.  

John Keim@john_keim

Was told by Phillip Thomas' representatives that he had not yet been checked out by Dr. James Anderson. said next week. Not sure why a delay

Somehow I hadn't heard anything about this. Is he going to the PUP too?

I don't think that you can go onto the regular season PUP unless you were on the pre-season PUP.  His choices are:

- Active Roster

- IR

- Cut/PS 

- Cut - get out of here.

Archived