Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Upcoming and misc. TV shows that don't already have their own threads

Jumbo

Anyone watching Billions? (Did a search and didn't get any hits in this forum?) But if so, do Chuck and Wendy have kids or not? Last episode I hear them mention paying the baby sitter, I see kids art on the walls, but then an episode or so back Wendy is laying in bed with apparently a child, but it looked like a (grown) mannequin or something? You could see little kids art and decorations on the walls, but this "thing" looked pretty grown up? I dunno, with the twisted **** those two are into after hours, is this kid real or just some sick fantasy they have going??

They have two young kids, only brief appearances by each in a couple of episodes.  Not any twisted fantasy.

SPOON!

‘The Tick’ Resurrected With Amazon Pilot Order, Duo Cast In Comic Book Comedy

EXCLUSIVE: Cult live-action comedy The Tick is making a comeback. Amazon has ordered a pilot for a new take on Ben Edlund‘s comic book character with an all-new cast. Edlund, who created the 2001 live-action Fox comedy as well as the 1994 animated series, is back as writer and executive producer as is fellow original exec producer Barry Josephson. Griffin Newman (Vinyl) is set to play Arthur Everest, and Valorie Curry (House of Lies, The Following) has been cast as his sister Dot Everest in the pilot, I have learned. Transcendence helmer Wally Pfister is in negotiations to direct. Sony Pictures TV, the studio behind the 2001 series, is producing.

Click on the link for the full article

Nice!

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/feb/22/bbc-david-attenborough-planet-earth-2

Sir David Attenborough has been confirmed as the presenter of the follow-up to the BBC’s groundbreaking 2006 hit Planet Earth.

The 89-year-old will present BBC1’s Planet Earth 2, a series of six one-hour natural history programmes that will air later this year.

“I am very excited to once again be working with the Natural History Unit on its latest landmark series and am especially looking forward to getting out on location in the next month or so,” said Attenborough.

Charlotte Moore, controller of BBC TV channels and the iPlayer, said that the new series has taken three years to shoot taking advantage of significant advances in filming technology since Planet Earth aired a decade ago.

Enjoying "Flaked" with Will Arnett (with appearances by Heather Graham) on Netflix. Comedy, drama, social commentary--all good. Fresh writing, plot twists, and interesting characters/relationships. It's especially entertaining if you know 12-step recovery culture well.

Tom Hardy, say no more.

http://youtu.be/r9QvSry2-CM

Taboo is a forthcoming British-American drama television miniseries created by Steven Knight. The eight-episode miniseries is about an adventurer who returns to Britain from Africa along with fourteen stolen diamonds to seek vengeance after the death of his father. Kristoffer Nyholm will direct the first four episodes. The miniseries, created from a story co-written by Tom Hardy and his father, Chips Hardy, who will act as a consulting producer, will premiere on BBC One in the United Kingdom and FX in the United States.

Who here is sleeping on The Americans still?

Came here to say just that. Decided out of the blue to watch an episode of the first season last night, give it a try. Incredible. Needless to say I stayed up the entire night watching episodes. On episode 12 now. Can't believe I ignored the show for so long. 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/drew-barrymore-timothy-olyphant-star-876795

Drew Barrymore, Timothy Olyphant to Star in Netflix Comedy Series 'Santa Clarita Diet'

'Better Off Ted' alum Victor Fresco will serve as showrunner on the single-camera comedy due in 2017.

Timothy Olyphant and Drew Barrymore are headed to Netflix.

Olyphant and Barrymore have been tapped to star in the streaming giant's original comedy series Santa Clarita Diet, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Picked up straight to series, the single-camera comedy will premiere in 2017 and hails from writer Victor Fresco (Better Off Ted). The comedy centers on married couple Joel (Olyphant) and Sheila (Barrymore), realtors leading a vaguely discontented lives in the Los Angeles suburb of Santa Clarita — until Sheila goes through a dramatic change that sends both of their lives down a road of death and destruction … but in a good way.

Fresco, Barrymore, Olyphant, Kapital Entertainment's Aaron Kaplan, Tracy Katsky, Chris Miller and Ember Truesdell will exec produce the Netflix original. Barrymore's Flower Films partner Juvonen will produce.An episode count has not yet been determined.

"The genius casting of Timothy and Drew combined with Victor’s unique comedic sensibility will delight, and definitely surprise, our members around the world,” Netflix vp original content Cindy Holland said.

Feel obligated to mention for those of you who have On Demand:

About two minutes into last night's episode of The Magicians, there were 2 chicks making out - one dressed as Leia in the golden bikini and the other as Khaleesi. It's right near the beginning, so you don't have to sit through much to get to it.

Of utmost importance though, is that Olivia Wilde had a full frontal nudity scene in the latest episode of Vinyl.

This has been a public service announcement of Testosterone Networks.

Season 2 of Outlander coming this summer!   91%Rotten Tomatoes9.1/10TV.com8.5/10IMDb

After serving as a British Army nurse in World War II, Claire Randall is enjoying a second honeymoon in Scotland with husband Frank, an MI6 officer looking forward to a new career as an Oxford historian. Suddenly, Claire is transported to 1743 and into a mysterious world where her freedom and life are threatened. To survive, she marries Jamie Fraser, a strapping Scots warrior with a complicated past and a disarming sense of humor. A passionate relationship ensues, and Claire is caught between two vastly different men in two inharmonious lives. "Outlander" is adapted from the best-selling books by Diana Gabaldon.

On top of the show itself being awesome, how many times to I have to mention that the main character, an ex Victoria's Secret model, gets stark naked multiple times an episode?!

caitriona-balfe-outlander.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If you are a Star Wars fan, or even if you mildly like Star Wars, you are missing out if you haven't sat down and watched the animated series Star Wars Rebels. 

Season 2 ended last week..and it was amazeballs. 

That said..spoilers below.

How cool was it to see Darth Maul again? Plus I'm guessing that's the final story for Ahsoka?

I binge watched The Ranch on Netflix yesterday.  Ten episodes, all around 30 mins or a little less.  It has Ashton Kutcher, Danny Masterson, Sam Eliot, Elisha Cuthbert.  Comedy, has lots of explicit language, adult humor.  

It's about a former QB (Kutcher) who was the **** in high school, played college, then bounce around the semi-pro leagues, winds up back home at his families ranch where his dad (Sam Eliot) and brother (Masterson) are still there working to make a living.  

I found it to be hilarious.  Some reviews people complain about the laugh track (yes, it's in there) but that doesn't bother me.  Overall, pretty funny show, imo.  Worth a watch if you have the time.

Archived