Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Upcoming and misc. TV shows that don't already have their own threads

Jumbo

I'm enjoying American Crime Story: The People vs. OJ Simpson. It's very cheesy, but after two episodes it's definitely transporting me back to that time. Overall, it's pretty well done.

Agree, think this was really well done. My mom was obsessed with this trial so even though I was only 8 at the time, I heard about it 24/7 and have even read a couple books on it as well.

It's been pretty good so far.

I'm with Monk on the new x-files being quite disappointing, especially with recent high quality work by Duchovny (Californication/Aquarius) and Anderson (Hannibal/The Fall). But after sitting through several episodes, I'm uninterested.

I am having fun with Outsiders on WGN, though. Keep seeing me, PCS,  twa and zoony visiting with the Farrells in costume (or for us, normal wardrobe).

I dunno Jumbo..there has been a lot of greatness mixed in those episodes. Mulders drug trip in the last episode being one..the entire episode of the were monster was amazing. There's been a few clunkers too..but if you back and watch the original series..you'll see the same mixture of awesome and then cheese.

Anyone else watching Lucifer? Had no idea it was based on Neil Gaimans work..it's been fun so far.

I dunno Jumbo..there has been a lot of greatness mixed in those episodes. Mulders drug trip in the last episode being one..the entire episode of the were monster was amazing. There's been a few clunkers too..but if you back and watch the original series..you'll see the same mixture of awesome and then cheese.

Anyone else watching Lucifer? Had no idea it was based on Neil Gaimans work..it's been fun so far.

Lucifer is pretty good.

Pretty surprised HBO's "Vinyl" isn't getting more attention, a new show about the music business in LA in the 1970s.  Executive Producers Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger.  Show stars Olivia Wilde, Ray Romano, and Bobby Canavale.  It premiered on Sunday to mostly positive reviews.  I thought it was a solid start.

Am looking forward to finding time for Vinyl--esp. given my first profession (and lifelong interest/passion) was/is music and audio gear. The post-Vietnam "home stereo explosion" in the U.S market paralleled the significant popular music development of that era, and there was so much cultural meat in the times, the music, and even the actual medium (records and various unique aspects of their playback) to make for some groovy (pun intended) story telling---even before you get to all the cocaine. 

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-17/fuller-house-and-tv-s-full-on-nostalgia-trip

I either didn't realize this reboot existed or maybe forgot hearing about it.

Not really my kind of show these days though.  Anyone planning to check it out?

Due to the wife, I'll be watching it.  The entire cast was on Jimmy Fallon the other day.  The youngest sister is kinda goofy in the face, but she's hawt.  

Not really a tv show, but I (and I think I've mentioned this a couple of times before elsewhere) absolutely love Critical Role.

It's so fun to watch, especially the latest one tonight. 

It does take a bit of time to get into though, since you're pretty much spending a few hours each episode watching other people play a game (D&D), but the guy who runs it and the voice actors (from a lot of popular anime and video games) who play the characters in it are just awesome and hilarious.

latest episode rebroadcast on now (link will probably go to whatever is currently airing on the channel in a few hours): http://www.twitch.tv/geekandsundry

Earlier episodes:

http://geekandsundry.com/shows/critical-role/page/2/

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8XemubthVRnirHKsLGgmmDMtv4k4zGvr

some random gifs

http://criticalrolesource.tumblr.com/

tumblr_nxyh7z8T9U1uz17elo2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nxyh7z8T9U1uz17elo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_nwer6o8Kby1uz17elo6_r1_250.giftumblr_nwer6o8Kby1uz17elo8_r1_250.gif

tumblr_nwagauCbR91uz17elo7_r1_250.gif tumblr_nwa2hirpff1uz17elo9_r1_250.gif

tumblr_nw8josTJ1U1uz17elo1_500.gif

tumblr_o1obd49mRs1ro84kio1_250.giftumblr_o1obd49mRs1ro84kio3_250.gif

tumblr_o1o4a9eZLw1uz17elo7_r1_500.gif

tumblr_o1o4a9eZLw1uz17elo8_r1_500.gif

tumblr_o1klt0B0Vj1uz17elo6_r1_500.gif

Oh and they at one point burst into a bardic version of 'Hail To The Redskins'.

(There is quite a bit of cursing now and then though, just a warning.)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone watching Billions? (Did a search and didn't get any hits in this forum?) But if so, do Chuck and Wendy have kids or not? Last episode I hear them mention paying the baby sitter, I see kids art on the walls, but then an episode or so back Wendy is laying in bed with apparently a child, but it looked like a (grown) mannequin or something? You could see little kids art and decorations on the walls, but this "thing" looked pretty grown up? I dunno, with the twisted **** those two are into after hours, is this kid real or just some sick fantasy they have going??

Archived