Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The House that Bruce Built

Voice_of_Reason

I always thought a decent GM would do a version of what people have been advocating for RG3- stay in the background when the team is winning, leaving the coach and players to get the credit; when you lose, go out and absorb the blame.

I kind of thought that PR would be the one part of the job Allen would be competent at.

Yeah, I think he needed to come out and talk a little bit about the process, and what's going on. Support Gruden. Etc.

I'm surprised that he's been completely quiet. I'd think he's at least do an interview with that dolt Larry.

If Allen has been involved in signing free agents, then I would like to know why he signed a below average G in Lauvao and we switch him from RG to LG. We need to find out now if he is any good at RG for next season if nothing else.

PFF had Lauvao ranked the 70th best guard last year when he was playing RG with the Browns.  If that gives you any indication of how he looks on the right side.  

That's all well and good assuming the GM is going in to the process a.) to conduct a real coaching search and b.) with the mindset that Griffin needs development.

I think it's obvious that the coaching search was a farce, and it wouldn't surprise me if the mindset around Redskins Park was that Griffin didn't need development and Gruden could win with him right out of the gate.

This. You are right on both points I think. I was furious about the sham of a coaching "search". They did things the danny boy way, instead of getting the MOST QUALIFIED person, they went with the best buddy. Now Gruden may or may not be a good HC, that remains to be seen. But the whole deal was a farce, why did they even bother with other interviews, everyone knew the fix was in once gruden was announced as a "candidate".

As for your 2nd point, dead on as well imo. This team has ALWAYS thought they were just a FA signing or trade away from winning right away... Mcnabb, haynesworthless, djax/hatcher, etc.

It totally sucks and I really hate my team and the idiots running it into the ground.

If we as internet commandos can see the obvious, how is it so hard for the morons in charge to see what's wrong here??

I kind of thought that PR would be the one part of the job Allen would be competent at. 

Haha, when has he been good at that before? He could have done it in 2013, or 2010, or 2011, or even 2012 before the wins started happening. Allen is the "Good Times Coordinator" He's there when McNugget gets signed, RG3, Hatcher, the draft, etc but when the bullets start flying he's MIA.

This dude is Snyders buddy and he hired more of his own buddies so they could hang out and coach with their old buddies. What surprises me is that Jon Gruden didn't jump into the mix but he probably saw what they already did to Shanahans career and opted out for pretty good bucks in his current job.

I do agree with you about what a true GM should be, but in this case the dices were loaded from the get go. Snyder used him as a promo tool like he did with the franchise icon coach Gibbs, therefore he could rally a large number of the fan base under the name of his father and his glorious past. Ultimately he knew he got  his new yes man in Bruce Cerratto ;)

"Stupidity is doing the same thing constantly, waiting for a different outcome." Karen Traviss

Edited by FrFan

Snyder used him as a promo tool like he did with the franchise icon coach Gibbs, therefore he could rally a large number of the fan base under the name of his father and his glorious past. Ultimately he knew he got  his new yes man in Bruce Cerratto ;)

Amazing how this is accepted now among so many fans when I got shouted down repeatedly for suggesting it in 2009 when he was hired. Everybody was just too excited to see Cerrato gone that they didn't even notice that Allen was just Vinny 2.0

I do agree with you about what a true GM should be, but in this case the dices were loaded from the get go. Snyder used him as a promo tool like he did with the franchise icon coach Gibbs, therefore he could rally a large number of the fan base under the name of his father and his glorious past. Ultimately he knew he got  his new yes man in Bruce Cerratto ;)

"Stupidity is doing the same thing constantly, waiting for a different outcome." Karen Traviss

Snyder is responsible for everything this organization does, since he is the man in charge. He hires people like Allen and so when they fail, it is ultimately on Snyder. And Snyder has done nothing but fail since he took over the team. There is no defense for his tenure.

That said, I really have no interest in this game where people have to excuse everyone else's shortcomings by claiming that every mistake of theirs was actually Snyder's doing. I'd rather discuss the Redskins and the people involved with them rather than waste time in baseless theories.

Amazing how this is accepted now among so many fans when I got shouted down repeatedly for suggesting it in 2009 when he was hired. Everybody was just too excited to see Cerrato gone that they didn't even notice that Allen was just Vinny 2.0

It was more than that, though. Snyder again didn't do his due diligence in hiring people. He wanted Shanny at all costs and Allen was part of the package.

Bruce Allen coming here was inevitable.  Dan isn't going to get rid of Bruce for our record this year, this is year 1 of Bruce and Jay.

Forget the past, there's nothing we can do about it.  We are finishing up year 1.

We now have a HC and GM in place and we're going into the off-season with some questions answered for Jay personnel wise.  He should know what he needs going into next season, and we'll have a fair chance to change the roster to his desire.

Would we still hate Bruce if RG3 was lighting it up and we were 8-3?  Do we blame the QB's legs flopping into Ngata in 2012 on the GM...that wasn't even the true GM yet?

We know the team plays better with a competent QB, so lets see what House Bruce is building today.  Not saying we'll win, but who doesn't think this is going to be fun?  This team is fun to watch when the QB is slinging it.

Edited by Aireskoi

It's hard man. It's hard to let go. We so desperately want to hold on to the idea that the Redskins we loved when we were kids aren't gone forever that we keep convincing ourselves that there's a chance this next move could change the culture. Danny knows it too. Reality is that we will NEVER be good again in our lifetimes unless somehow his kids aren't a total wreck when they take over 25 years from now. Hopefully they spend more time with Mrs Snyder than with Dan.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

You know, I am 100% guilty of this. I was just excited that we had someone who had been a modestly successful member of a NFL front office. I didn't know too much about Allen, but knew that he was a professional, experienced guy. I also hoped that it meant we would finally have a true GM rather than a yes-man. 

I still have hope that they can fortify the personnel department under Allen so that they have a true GM while Allen can stay on as the "face of the franchise" type. We'll see I guess. 

Tbh...does it MATTER what GM we brought in? No matter who's running the football operations, Snyder's still running the business side. And Snyder sucks at business and organization. Unless you had a HOF level guy who was willing to go to war with Snyder to have full control (and the only guy I could think of who could do that's even theoretically available would be Parcells) and run the organization how he wanted.

Just a regular old GM wouldn't suffice - you'd need a new owner, or someone to be the defacto owner like Stephen Jones is in Dallas (I don't think just a GM could literally rip the Manziel card from Jerry's cold nearly dead hands and draft OL)

Edited by The Robert Griffin Experience

Would we still hate Bruce if RG3 was lighting it up and we were 8-3?  Do we blame the QB's legs flopping into Ngata in 2012 on the GM...that wasn't even the true GM yet?

I hated Bruce the day we hired him.  The day we hired Bruce and Shanny most on the board rejoiced.  Claims the team had been turned around, and we were now a professional franchise were shouted from everyone.

I simply said lets wait and see proof first.  Here we are.  Whenever Danny gets enough pressure to fire Bruce, we will be in another mess.  Bruce doesn't realize why his daddy's over the hill gang was successful.  It wasn't just because his daddy hire old guys like his Hatcher signing.  Signing old guys is Bruce Allens MO.  George Allen won because he was a master motivator.  Bruce might learn from that.

The Colts are an example of a team that got the franchise QB right.  1 pick later we missed on a guy due mostly to injuries, so far.  This is what happens, blame whoever you want.  Bruce definitely was part of the decision.

Haslett and Morris on the other hand have proven they are lost, and blaming Bruce for that is legit.  I really don't understand why we constantly get beat deep, I know the coverage calls for someone to have the deep left (offensive) side of the field, but no one has been there all year.  Amerson has not been very good much at all this year, so that really sucks.

Bruce could have pulled the plug and started fresh on defense for Gruden, but didn't.  I'm sure Jay was fine with Haz, but I bet they regret that now.

Bruce Allen coming here was inevitable.  Dan isn't going to get rid of Bruce for our record this year, this is year 1 of Bruce and Jay.

Forget the past, there's nothing we can do about it.  We are finishing up year 1.

We now have a HC and GM in place and we're going into the off-season with some questions answered for Jay personnel wise.  He should know what he needs going into next season, and we'll have a fair chance to change the roster to his desire.

We know the team plays better with a competent QB, so lets see what House Bruce is building today.  Not saying we'll win, but who doesn't think this is going to be fun?  This team is fun to watch when the QB is slinging it.

Do you work for Bruce All or are you Bruce Allen??

Obviously if the team was 8-3 it would have meant that Bruce Allen made some different choices, but it's not like we are just a good QB away from being 8-3. The entire team is in disarray. There are so many holes on this team and his decisions in the off season and draft have made zero difference.

Did you have fun watching this team get destroyed again?

Sndyder has to get out of his comfort zone.   All he hires are yes men.  Not real football people.     Not working.  Won't work.   To me Gruden was a lazy hire.   Ideally they wanted Jon anyway.  Accepted his brother.  Why?  Past relationship.   Comfort.    

Until Dan is willing to let go and let real football people run this organization, it will always be hit or miss, with more misses.  He has tried everything, except hire a competent GM.   

Why is that?

The one time he did.  He fired the guy after one year finishing 8-3 after an 0 - 5 start..   That tells you everything.   Eventually he will succumb.  Will have to.  He's tried everything else.  That's the only thing he has yet to do.  Again, that tells you something.   Organization has become a joke.

Edited by Newera