Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The House that Bruce Built

Voice_of_Reason

27-49 since Allen was hired. It's not easy to get 22 games below .500 in less than 5 seasons. For all Bruce's blame shifting and claims that he had nothing to do with the previous 4 seasons, the dysfunction, drama, poor performance, lack of production from 2015 looks like more of the same from the previous 4 years.

Isn't there a Seinfeld episode where George does the opposite of what he normally would do to get laid or get a job or w/e and it works?

We somehow need to figure out how to get Bill Parcells in somewhere

Let's give it a shot

Um, you left this off;

E. Participating in the Chattanooga county-wide Alec Baldwin look-alike contest.

Dang haha, I never noticed that one before...

27-49 since Allen was hired. It's not easy to get 22 games below .500 in less than 5 seasons. For all Bruce's blame shifting and claims that he had nothing to do with the previous 4 seasons, the dysfunction, drama, poor performance, lack of production from 2015 looks like more of the same from the previous 4 years.

Did a 49-27 loss really drop us to 27-49 under BA?

Look at the sky turn a hell fire red

Somebody's house is burnin' down down, down

Well I asked my friend where is that black smoke comin' from ?

He just coughed and changed the subject and said oh I think it might snow some

So I left him sippin' his tea and I jumped in my chariot

And rode off to see just why and who could it be this time.

- Jimi Hendrix

Edited by RedBeast

The drafts in the Bruce era have been putrid.  We have very little good young talent on this team.  Morris, Robinson, Kerrigan, and Breeland are good, that's it.

It's looking like RG3 is going to be disastrous for this team.  Three 1st rounders and a 2nd pissed away.

Our oline, dline, and safeties completely stink.  How can you put together such terrible units?

The Skins decide to build their offense around high dollar WR free agents and neglect their oline.  Has that worked for any team in the NFL?

"Daniel Snyder’s bank account balance continues to go up, Allen continues to yuk it up with the old-timers, run the alumni association and waste time defending the team name while also wearing the general manager hat and refusing to bring in a bright talent evaluator.

You can’t tell if Allen gets it at all. Asked during an interview on ESPN 980 Sunday about weathering a trying week, all Allen wanted to talk about was the team’s Harvest Fest. Where’s the accountability there?" Link

Allen's draft record in Tampa :rolleyes:

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

Under Bruce’s watch, we have:

A repeated failure as a DC retained simply because he had old buddy connections with Bruce and Jay.

A first time HC given an above average contract in terms of length and money. Not sure how I feel about Jay yet, but if he doesn’t work out… oh boy.

No QB coach, despite one of the biggest challenges faced was getting RG3’s career progress back on track. This has been an utter failure.

A ****ing 27 year old first time offensive coordinator in place, despite the obvious challenges faced by having no QB coach and an offensive minded, play calling HC who should be spending more of his time worrying about HC duties.

Allowed our best talent evaluator go to the Browns. Replaced him with a bunch of guys with spotty track records, Bruce himself included.

That’s enough at looking at how completely ****ed our front office structure is.  Now let’s look at our roster.

If you’re looking at our team right now, who do you see being on the team as a key contributor in 2016-2017 that has good potential to be in the top 10 at their position in the NFL?  Trent Williams, Keenan Robinson. I’m not including Breeland on this list despite his promising flashes this year. But that is it. 2 guys. Oh and maybe Tress Way. Our punter.

So only really two guys that have truly elite potential (or are already there) that are likely to be on the team in 2 years. So let’s look at the rest of our roster… start in the trenches.

Oline. Trent, and a bunch of guys we should upgrade. We’ve started drafting linemen in the 2nd/3rd in recent years but they either can’t get on the field or they suck once they play.

Dline. We have some talent there. It’s getting old quickly. In two years we’ll have seen a minimum 50% turnover and our better players won’t be playing at a high level.

Linebackers- I like Kerrigan. I like him better rushing on the opposite side of someone who actually draws attention. Trent Murphy will be a wasted pick. Keenan is a baller. Riley is slow. You can’t win with slow in the NFL.  Depth- is bad.

Secondary- Hall is done thanks to two Achilles injuries (one during rehab), Clark was done two years ago but doesn’t want to start fulltime at ESPN yet, Breeland has flashed well this year but then again Amerson played ok last year so I’ll withhold getting too excited about him. And Amerson is terrible. Depth- terrible.

RBs- fullback is a dying position and limited usefulness but I like Young and coaches seem to as well. I could see him still on the team in 2 yaers. Morris- if we pay him after his rookie deal it’s a mistake. You can’t invest money in this position. Helu will probably be gone and then we have nothing.

WRs- another strength this year but how many are going to be left after next year? After 2016? If we re-up Jackson it will be a mistake. He’s a speed receiver that will be on the wrong side of 30. Roberts, paying him #2 money that he didn’t deserve in the first place and using him in a limited role. Who is left in two years? Need young talent here at some point, likely sooner rather than later.

TEs- Jordan Reed has talent but will always be hurt. Always. I can’t see investing a lot in him after his rookie deal. Niles is JAG and Paulson is a liability every time he’s on the field. Also, none of these guys can block.

QB- what can I say. We invested so much in Griffin and he’s a bust. Not completely his fault. Has had to deal with major injuries and trying to re-learn the position. I still think he can turn it around but it will likely be with another team. This is an organizational failure more than anything. Kirk is toast and McCoy is a stopgap until we can find someone else worth drafting.

In short, you have two guys to build the team around and largely mediocre starters and terrible depth outside of that. The whole roster is STILL a steaming pile of dog **** and it’s been years since Vinny has been here. Guess what Bruce, this is what YOU built. 

• Like 2

The drafts in the Bruce era have been putrid. We have very little good young talent on this team. Morris, Robinson, Kerrigan, and Breeland are good, that's it.

It's looking like RG3 is going to be disastrous for this team. Three 1st rounders and a 2nd pissed away.

Our oline, dline, and safeties completely stink. How can you put together such terrible units?

The Skins decide to build their offense around high dollar WR free agents and neglect their oline. Has that worked for any team in the NFL?

i actually disagree with some of this. The drafts of the Shanahan/Allen years, which is 4 drafts, aren't that bad overall. There are a number of good players, a few busts, and some projects. Actually, pretty average to most NFL teams.

I think that the biggest issue is not that the drafts haven't been good, it's that in 2 positions specifically, they have gotten NOTHING out of their picks: OL and Safety. Apart from Trent Williams, none of the otehr OL picks have worked out. Moses and Long are in year 1, so maybe they will. You can't judge a 3rd round pick in year 1. 3rd rounders who step in and contribute right away are the exception, not the rule.

It appears as though the biggest busts of the draft are going to be Griffin and Ribbs. We can debate the Griffin deal until the cows come home, but until it was 14-0 against the Seahawks in the playoffs, that deal seemed good. Then Griffin tore his ACL, and it seems not good. Shrug. Those are the breaks.

Ribbs was the other bust. I refuse to call anybody from round 5 and lower a bust.

Kerrigan was the stupidest pick, because it showed that the team has no idea how to build a def/?ense. Getting 2 pass rushing OLB, and knowing that you're going to have to drop one of them into coverage unless you blitz was stupid. Should have gone for a DE (Watt?) or a NT.

The REAL problem is that after Orakpo is not retained, there are going to be 0 players on the team drafted prior to 2010. THe meat of the roster should come from the drafts of 2007-2010. Guys in their 5th-8th year, in their prime. But there are none there. So as a team, you almost are FORCED to sign FA because there's NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING from 2009 and before. In about 3 years, when the guys from the 2011-2014 draft are the core of the roster, that can change, but it is going to take time.

You can't build through the draft in the short term. It takes about 5 years before you start seeing benefits.

Since Bruce Allen assumed the mantle of GM this off season I am judging him based on this off season.

In fairness its only one year in and so I guess it warrants another year before being replaced. But as GM he's isn't off to a good start.

Mistakes:

o Hiring a HC that appears to have given up on developing the franchise QB after ~20 quarters

i am willing to stomach losing a potential franchise QB IF the HC proves to be a winner

o Retaining of Jim Haslett

o Franchising Orakpo (and the consequent trickle down effect)

o Inability to address/upgrade FS/SS

o Shaun Lauvao

o Andre Roberts

• Like 1

Mistakes:

o Hiring a HC that appears to have given up on developing the franchise QB after ~20 quarters

i am willing to stomach losing a potential franchise QB IF the HC proves to be a winner

o Retaining of Jim Haslett

o Franchising Orakpo (and the consequent trickle down effect)

o Inability to address/upgrade FS/SS

o Shaun Lauvao

o Andre Roberts

I do not see Andre Roberts as a terrible mistake since he was signed before Jackson was availiable,

I can see them keeping Haslett by putting all blame on Raheem Morris for the DB mistakes. Nightmare 

Lauvao skill set doesnt match up well with the rest of the putrid OLine

FS/SS has been a weakness for 6 years now, at least one those positions is under achieving or both like this season

So yeah, Bruce Allen is defenitly not off to a strong start, but we do have an excellent winter festivel. We have that going for us and that makes all those mistakes disappear and also determines if you have a franchise QB in about 20 quarters that the team mortgaged the future on.  /sarcasm

Edited by Tyron Biggums