Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

29 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Hot take incoming.

Romo was a UFA and Dak is a legit 4th rounder.  Garrett made those guys and Jerruh took the credit for being a draft savant.

Bring him into the Redskins/Rivera fold.

Garrett as a QB coach, I can go with that.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Hot take incoming.

Romo was a UFA and Dak is a legit 4th rounder.  Garrett made those guys and Jerruh took the credit for being a draft savant.

Bring him into the Redskins/Rivera fold.

Romo was signed and started playing, and played well, under Parcells.

Garrett deserves some credit.

Some fool is going to hire him as a HC because his record is actually pretty good all things considered. 

Head Coach Openings 

1.  Panthers

2. Browns

3. Giants

Your New 2020 Coaches 

1. Redskins- Hire Ron Rivera

2. Cowboys- Hire Mike McCarthy

Coaches jobs saved for 2020 Hot Seat 

1. Falcons- Quinn coming back, on 2020 Hot seat

2. Lions- Patricia coming back, on 2020 Hot seat

3. Jets- Gase coming back, on 2020 Hot seat

4. Jaguars- Marone coming back, on 2020 Hot Seat

Now that Dallas has made if official, that probably is it for coaching changes; unless Dallas trades for a current head coach. Could there be a surprise change?  I will say, unlikely now.

Will Jerry get a legit coach, or will he go for a new puppet? Answer, Jerry went the non-puppet route.

Edited by Rdskns2000

I think an interesting dynamic to watch will be the recomposition (is that a word?) of some existing coaching staffs. A lot of last year's and 2018 HC hires weren't able to land the guys they really wanted for position and coordinator roles. Even if their desired targets still aren't available, some really good ones could be on the market now (or relatively soon). I'm going to keep an eye on the staffs in Denver and Cincy. Could be some real movement there. That Cincy staff, in particular, is pretty weak.

That Giants job is going to be a tough sell because of Gettleman and the state of that roster. The team is younger, but isn't necessarily better positioned for success right now - in terms of the talent pool - than before Gettleman took over. 

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Jerry wants that Superbowl. Will this work, stayed tuned.

Not as much as he wants full control at all costs. Terrible hire. Cowboys need someone to take firm control of that locker room and turn it into a team.

Not that I'm complaining...

22 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

How much of McCarthy's success was due to Aaron Rodgers's prowess at QB?  He won't have that in Dak, that's for sure.  

To be fair, it's not like AROD has been better under LaFleur. The guy does what he wants to do no matter who the coach is.

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

To be fair, it's not like AROD has been better under LaFleur. The guy does what he wants to do no matter who the coach is.

Thing is, literally every single year of McCarthy's tenure in GB included a first-ballot hall-of-famer at QB. Despite that, he only made it to the Super Bowl once.

Doesn't mean he's a bad coach, but he's probably not the best choice to get the Cowboys to the SB.

i do think mccarthy is a great fit for dallas and it was past time to move on from garrett...but how much better for how long, i dunno, could be a big step

wade phillips finally out of the game....going right into a cocoon

we might have good head-butting matchups in years ahead