Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

9 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Even if the season is a full 16 games ?

Yeah. 

I don’t know what the Jets will do. That might be the one.    But the consistently bad teams all got new coaches last year, for the most part.

If Stafford stays healthy I think Patricia will last the season.  They should have won yesterday.  

Jax maybe, but I think they’ll win enough games to at least keep bumbling on.  

Cleveland just got a new coach.  

And with Covid, I think owners will just stand pat until the end of the year. 

10 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

And yet they won....

I don’t think any coaches will be fired in season this year.  

I reserve the right to change my pick. Gase will be the first coach fired. The jets are terrible and at least on of their star players actively hates him 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Gase is a possibility. 

I don’t know if it happens in season though.  Maybe.  They have a bad owner also, and Gase is a bad coach.  Isn’t Gregg Williams still the DC there? He’d have potentially 2 interim head coaching jobs on his resume.

I dunno.  If the Jets are in line for the #1 pick, and they have decided they need to move on at QB, then why fire Gase when he’s helping you out?

In season firings are typically by teams who think they can make a little run, or I guess very late in the season to get a jump start on a search.  

For whatever reason, I just don’t think during the covid season there will be an in season firing.

Now watch there be 7... :P 

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

That seat is sizzling hot in Detroit and Atlanta. Who gets fired first?

It should be Patricia. Dont follow Detroit much, but they seemed like a scrappy team under Caldwell. They fire the dude despite a winning record, just to bring in another Bellichick drone, and it looks like nothing has worked. At all.

Pretty messy situation. These teams always **** up by hiring these dudes who think they're the smartest guy in the room. It never works.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 3

I still think Gase is the first one fired this year. The guy is a terrible coach, and his players seem to despise him. Quinn deserves to get fired after another meltdown, and Patricia is hot garbage also, but Gase loses games and has apparently lost the locker room as well. If the Jets don't win next week, I could see him getting canned.

You might think that Gase would be first but he was the one who chose his GM and his teams idiot owner seems to think he's great still so I don't see him getting fired.

With already guaranteed empty stadiums teams don't really have any incentive to fire a coach so there might be none.

Maybe Maronne for winning too many games for Jax when they want to get the #1 pick.

Edited by SkinsFTW

And look at Baltimore takes a knee to avoid injury on a wasted final play of the game after wisely using their TOs.

Meanwhile RR runs our prized rookie up the gut while telling us he is trying to avoid injuries.

Short Washington until we see otherwise we will never have those garbage time drives that often kill the cover.

Edited by RandyHolt

13 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

And look at Baltimore takes a knee to avoid injury on a wasted final play of the game after wisely using their TOs.

Meanwhile RR runs our prized rookie up the gut while telling us he is trying to avoid injuries.

Short Washington until we see otherwise we will never have those garbage time drives that often kill the cover.

....what does any of that have to do with black Monday? Rivera isn’t on the hot seat, or a candidate to be fired, 3 games into his first season in DC