Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

On 10/18/2019 at 5:02 PM, skinzplay said:

Where do you think McCarthy ends up? Atlanta maybe?

Still baffles me that Kitchens got that gig in Cleveland. Dorsey is a smart guy and has done a lot to start turning things around there, but that choice wasn't one them.

I think Haslam pushed that one.  Haslam is Snyderesque.  He's exactly like early Snyder.

Atlanta could be possibility. Cleveland, could be; if they can Freddie.  Also, Pittsburgh is a possibility should they move on from  Tomlin.

• Like 1

We are approaching the midway point of the season.  Who should join Jay later this year?  There probably won't be anymore in season firings.

Dan Quinn, enjoy your final season in Atlanta. Since you choked away that Superbowl, it's been all downhill.

Pat Shurmur, you never should've gotten the Giants jpb.  Will the owners realize their mistake or keep you another year?  Hmmm.

Ron Rivera, keep on riding Kyle Allen.  That may save you from being fired for a non-playoff season.

Jason Garrett-  NFC championship or bust.  Jerry isn't giving you a new contract unless you get that far.

Adam Gase- You need to be canned.  The Jets have this stupid habit of hiring other teams fired coaches. 

Freddie Kitchens- Cleveland blew it by hiring you.  Can't believe GM Dorsey was that stupid or was it more likely the owner demanding it?

As we heading towards midseason, it's not looking as bad as it did early in the year.  Still, whatever other openings due occur; the Redskins will be at bottom of the barrel.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 2

One question any team should ask itself is whether their HC would ever be hired by another team for the same post. For Kitchens, the answer is 31 times no. That was a terrible, terrible decision by Dorsey, who simply didn't want to go with Gregg. Quinn rode Kyle just like Nagy rode Fangio and now Pagano. I'm not sure that he'll be wearing that headset in Chicago much longer. Gase is another Kitchens-like mystery. Not HC material in any way, shape, or form. You sometimes get the feeling that teams might be waiting it out for the coach they really want, so they hire someone like Gase as a stop-gap.

Next year, there will be some very, very good options out there. The prime candidates ain't coming to Ashburn, so I think other teams (Atlanta, Jets, Jacksonville, Tennessee) might jump, given the prospects who'll be out there.

Good question. I think he sticks around. Wonder what the Browns would be like with Arians as coach. The whole Kitchens thing is just bizarre. He just seems so out of his league. Arians is a doggone good coach, and I think you're absolutely right about Winston. My guess is they draft or trade for a QB; definitely don't have a viable starter on that roster right now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 12:38 AM, China said:

So with Jerry Jones' comments today, is Jason Garrett now officially on the hot seat?

Jason's been on the hot seat all season.  When Jerry declined a contract extension, Jason was on the hot seat. 2019 was a prove it or lose it year. Jason has lost it.

Why the Giants maybe interested, is beyond me.

5 games left in 2019, who else is coaching their final games.

Dallas-  I agree with Steven A Smith. Jerry should fire him now, not wait until his contract expires after the season.

New York Giants - Shurmur needs to go.  The Giants would be idiots to replace him with Jason Garrett.

Atlanta- The Falcons haven't been the same since choking away the Superbowl.  Dan Quinn needs to go.

Detroit- Matt Patricia is a complete failure.  Their GM needs to go also.  Kind of funny that Caldwell's final 2 seasons were 9-7, including one playoff birth. 

Carolina- Tepper is going to want his own coach. Panthers have been a disappointment. Not having Cam isn’t  going to save Rivera's job.

Jacksonville- Doug Marone is done.

Possible changes??

New York Jets- Adam Gase.  The Jets recent winning streak probably helps and the owner already said, no coaching change.  You never know.

Cincinnati- Mike Brown sticks with coaches for a long time.  Could a winless season doom Zach Taylor?

Cleveland- If Browns don't finish at 8-8, Freddie is gone.  He should fired anyway, he's not a head coach.  

Chicago- Could MAtt Nagy be in trouble?  Disappointing year 2. Doesn't help that your QB is flirting with being a bust.

San Diego- Very disappointing year. They may move on, since they need something to excite the fans; when moving into the new stadium. 

I think there will be at least 6 openings. Except  the Bengals and maybe the Bears, all the other jobs are better than the Skins.  Dan or Bruce, is going to have a hard time; finding a quality candidate to take this job.

Edited by Rdskns2000

9 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Atlanta- The Falcons haven't been the same since choking away the Superbowl.  Dan Quinn needs to go.

Honestly, I'm thinking Kyle Shanahan was the only reason the Falcons were competitive. It's kind of sad that Kyle was the one who gave the Falcons a Super Bowl offense but also cost them the Super Bowl with that very same offense.

15 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Honestly, I'm thinking Kyle Shanahan was the only reason the Falcons were competitive. It's kind of sad that Kyle was the one who gave the Falcons a Super Bowl offense but also cost them the Super Bowl with that very same offense.

Kyle may get his shot of redemption this year, though I think the Ravens have that Superbowl look all over them.

If the Cowboys lose to the Bills on Thursday, Jason Garrett will be have a Black Friday- Early Unemployment .

Edited by Rdskns2000

On 11/27/2019 at 1:10 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

If the Cowboys lose to the Bills on Thursday, Jason Garrett will be have a Black Friday- Early Unemployment .

Well they lost.  Time to see if your prediction comes true.  I kinda hope not.  I like him as their coach😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

Jason Garrett has lasted almost as long with Dallas as Bruce Allen has with the Redskins.

He does have a .565 winning % though. Bruce has matched that winning % in 1 of his 10 seasons because basically a miracle happened that one year.

More like in 3 of his 10 seasons--2012, 2015, 2016.

EDIT (above)...it's actually 2 of his 10 seasons, not 3--for some reason I read the post as saying "Bruce has basically matched that winning %"...my mind put "basically" in the wrong spot lol...so I was thinking a .53 winning percentage in 2016 was "basically" similar to a .56 winning percentage. Unfortunately, though, ES is not allowing me to edit my post for some ****ed-up reason...

I want Garrett to get a lifetime contract, Supreme Court appointment-style. Come on, Jerry!

@Rdskns2000, ol' Mike Brown didn't want to hire Taylor. The kids had a lot of say in that decision. I hope for Taylor's sake that the young man can turn things around. Otherwise, I wonder if Brown will be as patient as he has been in the past.

On 11/29/2019 at 9:06 AM, Califan007 said:

EDIT (above)...it's actually 2 of his 10 seasons, not 3--for some reason I read the post as saying "Bruce has basically matched that winning %"...my mind put "basically" in the wrong spot lol...so I was thinking a .53 winning percentage in 2016 was "basically" similar to a .56 winning percentage. Unfortunately, though, ES is not allowing me to edit my post for some ****ed-up reason...

But since the 9-7 in 2015 is .563 and not quite .565 you are wrong about that one too. :P

Still just 1 miracle season in 10

• Haha 1