Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

15 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

How are teams pursuing coaches that are already head coaches (John Harbaugh)?  Like are they Ted trying to trade for him?

yes.

After this weekends games, you could see one more opening. especially if the Ravens lose and someone offers Baltimore the right package for Harbaugh.

I applaud Fangio. Dude is preparing for a playoff game and couldn't give a rat's patootie about HC interviews; that's the way it should be. I like that. 

And I'm glad to see Caldwell getting interviews. Everybody thought that the Lions were a hot-shot-coordinator-of-the-moment away from the Super Bowl. Turns out, Caldwell had them winning in spite of, and nobody can figure out how he did it. That's why dude is getting interviews. He ain't flashy, but he's a damn good coach.

17 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Beat me to it. Didn’t we have matt lafleur on our staff at one point? QB coach or something?

Yes he was brought in by Shanahan. Crazy to think that now 3 assistance coaches are head coaches that were once on our team in the last 8 years.

Cardinals make it official with Kliff Kingsbury

Buccaneers finalizing deal with Bruce Arians

S0, 3 out of the 8 openings are about to be filled.  Looks like there will be no more openings, so just need to fill the 5 remaining jobs.

Packers - Hire Titans OC Matt LaFleur

Cardinals- Hire former Texas Tech coach/current USC OC Kliff Kingsbury

Buccaneers- About to hire former Cards Coach Bruce Arians.

Jets -

Dolphins- 

Browns- 

Broncos- 

Bengals- 

Edited by Rdskns2000

25 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Cardinals make it official with Kliff Kingsbury

Buccaneers finalizing deal with Bruce Arians

S0, 3 out of the 8 openings are about to be filled.  Looks like there will be no more openings, so just need to fill the 5 remaining jobs.

Cardinals- Hire for Texas Tech coach/current USC OC Kliff Kingsbury

Buccaneers- About to hire former Cards Coach Bruce Arians.

Jets -

Dolphins- 

Browns- 

Broncos- 

Bengals- 

Kingsbury might be the biggest surprise so far. He found a way to fail into a big time promotion. He may turn out to be a great head coach, but this one seems really odd. 

3 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

Kingsbury might be the biggest surprise so far. He found a way to fail into a big time promotion. He may turn out to be a great head coach, but this one seems really odd. 

USC is got to be a little pissed though, since they just hired hm to be their new OC.  He shouldn't have taken that job, if he wanted to coach the NFL.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

Did I miss the part where Lafleur turned the Tennessee Titans into some offensive powerhouse?

I was wondering the same thing.  I don't know anything about the dude, but when I see the Titans offense, It doesn't seem like there is a lot to get excited about.  On the other hand, maybe they would be epic with Rodgers running the show.

Interested to see if Nathaniel Hackett generates any interest as somebody's new OC. Maybe he'll surface in Minnesota?

Also eager to see what kind of staff Kingsbury puts together in AZ. I was never sold on Rosen, but I guess we'll see what the new coach can do.

1 hour ago, Busch1724 said:

Well Kitchens in Cleveland with Williams out. Worth it to bring him back here as D.C.? 

GW's defenses are dependent upon a tough ball hawking secondary. If we had drafted Derwin James instead of Payne, GW would be the perfect fit, but we are a DL-centric D.  I love Williams, but I don't think his schemes match our personnel at all.

Cardinals- Hire for Texas Tech coach/current USC OC Kliff Kingsbury

Buccaneers- Hire former Cardinals Coach Bruce Arians.

Jets - Hire former Dolphins coach Adam Gase

Dolphins- 

Browns- Promote OC Freddie Kitchens

Broncos- Hire Bears DC Vic Fangio

Bengals- 

Well, just 2 more to go.   Almost time to compile this years hot seat list.

Edited by Rdskns2000

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I still can't believe the Browns let Greggg walk. For a 9 week OC, of all people. The Browns are going to be the Browns again, book it.

Well Baker Mayfield's completion % did go from 58% to 68% with Kitchens taking over the offense.  And their offense averaged 6.9 yards per play which was #1 in the league over that span.  

If Baker's your future I think you go with the guy who worked directly with him over a 60 year old DC who hasn't had a good defense since 2011.