Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

22 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Joseph is as good as gone. It was a stupid hire to begin with. Gase too.

Vance Joseph, yeah I could see that. They’ll be 3-6 if they lose Sunday to the Texans. If that happens, they likely miss out on the playoffs again. As for gase, I dont think he is as good as gone yet. The dolphins have a chance to get to 5-4 with a win over the 3-5 jets, 

16 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Vance Joseph, yeah I could see that. They’ll be 3-6 if they lose Sunday to the Texans. If that happens, they likely miss out on the playoffs again. As for gase, I dont think he is as good as gone yet. The dolphins have a chance to get to 5-4 with a win over the 3-5 jets, 

I'm with you. But Gase put together one of the worst coaching staffs in the league. It's a terrible group. I realize that sometimes that's a function of who's available at the time, but there were other directions he could've taken, but opted instead for some of those dudes. His choice, but also his consequences.

I don't hate on anybody, though, so please don't get me wrong. I hope everybody does well, except when they're playing against the Burgundy & Gold. Most of these guys have no biiidnaam* being a HC. Boy Wonder and Kyle are exceptions.

* My Dusty Rhodes pronunciation of "business".

Going into week 9, who's in trouble:

1. Vance Joseph - He should've been fired last year.

2. Steve Wilks -  Probably a one and done.  Cards are really bad this year and they probably want someone else to develop their QB.

3. Dirk Koetter- Unless, Fitzmagic leads to a playoff birth; he's done.  Bucs need to move on from Winston. 

4. Todd Bowles- Another disappointing season. Jets probably will want someone else to develop Darnold.

Could be in trouble.

1. Doug Marrone - After a breakthrough season last year, the Jags are coming apart this year.  He could be given the ax.

2.  Mike Tomlin - If the Steelers underachieve again, could the Steelers decide to move on?  They've only had 3 coaches last 50 years?  Doubtful but you never know.

3.  John Harbaugh- owner already issued a playoff or else ultimatum. No playoffs, he's gone from Baltimore but would be hired somewhere else.

4.  Adam Gase-  If the Dolphins don't finish at least .500; he could be in trouble.

5.  Jason Garrett - Will Jerry get himself a new puppet, since this one is underperforming.  It's possible. It wouldn't shock me to see Norv Turner as the new puppet.

6.  Jay Gruden - We are 5-2, he should be fine.  IF the Skins collapse to a non-playoff birth from 5-2; he's done.  That would be unacceptable.  We control our destiny there.  

I also think there will be a surprise retirement. 

I applaud Dorsey and Haslam for doing what the guys in Tampa should've done when a coordinator sought to undermine the coach. And a lot of people know how Koetter undercut Lovie and essentially led to him being forced out. Haley tried to undermine Hue (who has never needed any help with that undertaking), and Haslam wasn't having it. Hue then tried to go around Dorsey to appeal directly to the owner. Haslam wasn't having it. Koetter, too, is gonna get his walking papers, sooner rather than later.

Todd is not in the best of situations in New Jersey. He has a Lamont Sanford big dummy functioning as GM, and that is not helping things. I also think you give Wilks more time. He is not in over his head, which is clearly the case for Joseph. Very curious to see what, if anything, happens to The Clapper in Dallas. They're never going to get anywhere with him at the helm, and I think Jerry realizes that.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I have heard Mike McCarthy is on thin ice.  Him, Tomlin, or Harbaugh I wouldn't mind seeing here.  Though I'd like to see who our new GM likes.

GM?  What is that?  There will never be a real GM under Snyder,

Mike Mccarthy sucks. He probably cost the Packers a potential Superbowl birth or two on his coaching alone.

Edited by Rdskns2000

McCarthy can’t win with Rodgers, and you want him here with Dan and Alex?

Tomlin’s success is all about him reaping the benefits of probably the best f.o in football providing him with an outstanding offense along with crushing defenses and you want to pair him with Dan and whoever our “gm” is hoping we can reproduce that here? He has rothlisberger, Antonio brown, other assorted all-pros. We have Alex Smith and doctson. Just sayin.

And unless you’re thinking Jim harbaugh, I want no part of John. An offensive coach that’s responsible for the joke that’s been baltimore’s “offense” for years doesn’t exactly warm the loins.

Just Incase you did mean Jim, I don’t think Jim would want to trade one dumbass nfl owner and dysfunctional f.o for a second probably worse set of dumbass owner & f.o as his second foray into nfl head coaching gigs. But I guess we can dream, right?

Edited by MrSilverMaC
Derpage

Green Bay really have to move on. Rodgers time is running out and one ring is poor for the talent there's been.

I wouldn't want any of the Harbaughs. No doubt that shrivelled weirdo Jones will be trying to go for the biggest offensive mind there is. 

We're just doomed to repeat mistakes with the same GM and owner.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, thebeermonkey said:

Green Bay really have to move on. Rodgers time is running out and one ring is poor for the talent there's been.

I wouldn't want any of the Harbaughs. No doubt that shrivelled weirdo Jones will be trying to go for the biggest offensive mind there is. 

We're just doomed to repeat mistakes with the same GM and owner.

Clearly the only answer to this is trade for a head coach. Trade for Gregggggggggggggggggg Williamssssssssssssssssssssssss

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

He's not a coach though? Bruce would blame Doug first and Snyder will believe him. 

Who cares if he's a coach or not.

And I still have a hard time believing Dan would fire Doug Williams.

Doug Williams is a Redskins' legend, Dan will never fire him.

5 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Who cares if he's a coach or not.

I think his point was that this thread is more for coaches on the hot seat/who get fired rather than GMs on the hot seat/who get fired. 

That woukd be a good idea for a thread though :) or i suppose this one could turn into both coaches AND GMs on the hot seat?

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I think his point was that this thread is more for coaches on the hot seat/who get fired rather than GMs on the hot seat/who get fired. 

That woukd be a good idea for a thread though :) or i suppose this one could turn into both coaches AND GMs on the hot seat?

If anything, it should be the latter.  This thread is titled, "The Race to Black Monday," which signifies firings of all positions around the league, not just coaches.  That certainly includes GM's.

1 hour ago, Taylor 36 said:

If anything, it should be the latter.  This thread is titled, "The Race to Black Monday," which signifies firings of all positions around the league, not just coaches.  That certainly includes GM's.

Yeah :)

But Bruce Allen isn't even GM :P

• Haha 2