Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Thread/Race to Black Monday: 1/6/25

88Comrade2000

Jimmy G got away with a pretty bad pass on the 49ers opening drive that ended up going for a TD.  Samuel basically elbowed the defender to create space and muscled the pass down.  On this drive he got sacked and fumbled, and now the Ravens have just tied the game. 

This is going to be a good one.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Jimmy G got away with a pretty bad pass on the 49ers opening drive that ended up going for a TD.  Samuel basically elbowed the defender to create space and muscled the pass down.  On this drive he got sacked and fumbled, and now the Ravens have just tied the game. 

This is going to be a good one.

Yea, I made the switch to that game also.  Wonder how many people from the Stadium will end up here in ATN in the next 3 hours.

Ravens are giving the 49ers WRs too much cushion though.  Jimmy G's passing game is mostly these short passes, that last one almost ended up a 1st down, despite it being shorter than 1st down marker and WR falling down to make the catch, because no defender was close.

11 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

That Ravens run game though.  I just hope he doesn’t end up like RG3.

He is built to handle the hits better, but that usually just means it takes longer to break down.  There was one run specifically the blocker had him setup nicely to get a 1st down and take the safe route out of bounds afterwards, and Jackson cut inside taking contact for no reason and it got no extra yards for his efforts.  Plays like that are what make a coach cringe.

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

He is built to handle the hits better, but that usually just means it takes longer to break down.  There was one run specifically the blocker had him setup nicely to get a 1st down and take the safe route out of bounds afterwards, and Jackson cut inside taking contact for no reason and it got no extra yards for his efforts.  Plays like that are what make a coach cringe.

But the run that put them at first and goal this last time he could have stretched for a possible TD but went out of bounds instead.  So he has at least some safety in mind.

On 12/1/2019 at 12:51 PM, NoCalMike said:

There was one run specifically the blocker had him setup nicely to get a 1st down and take the safe route out of bounds afterwards, and Jackson cut inside taking contact for no reason and it got no extra yards for his efforts.  Plays like that are what make a coach cringe.

I wonder if Jackson and his dad are going to decide that he should play only as a dropback QB and team up with the owner in order to force Harbaugh and Roman to  GTFO of town. :rofl89:

Only the Snyderskins can be that hilarious.

I wonder if RG3 ponders any of that while watching from the bench?

😂

• Haha 1

ESPN: Ranking the best and worst potential NFL head-coaching openings in 2019  

9. Washington

8. New York Giants

7. New York Jets

6. Jacksonville

5. Cleveland

4. Detroit

3. Atlanta

2. Carolina

1. Dallas

If the Vikings miss the playoffs, Zimmer could be out. I used the playoff generator and they could miss the playoffs with even 11 wins, if they lose the right games and the Rams win the right games. The Vikings would be high on the list of attractiveness.

Chargers could also have an opening. They may want a new coach moving into that new stadium and also probably starting the post Rivers era.  The Chargers will probably be somewhere in the middle.

Texans somehow miss the playoffs and O'brien could be done.  I would rank Texans probably right after Dallas, if that job became available.

Bengals could be one and done with Zach Taylor.  I think they would probably rank below us, should this job become available.

Current NFL Openings:

1. Washington

2. Carolina

New 2020 Head Coaches:

?????????

Coughlin is out in Jax, which means they also get an early start on landing a good executive to lead the FO and the HC search. By keeping the current team president around this far into an already-lost season, we're missing out on the chance to reach some of the top talent who might be willing to move on from their current FO gigs. The later we wait, the less likely they'll be available.