Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The old guy with a big beard on that A&E show about a bunch of guys who make duck calls got fired (surprise! un-fired!)

Springfield

I don't think this show is going anywhere right now.  

Every time I go to a department store they have Duck Dynasty merch all over the damn place.

They even have it at book stores.

My parents love the show, and I've watched a few episodes, though I'm not much of a fan.

I don't really care for Phil though.  

I think Si (Cy?)'s a lot funnier.

Hmmmm I can see the suspension ending without any repercussions other than "A&E had a talk with this man about what he can and can not say as a representative of this channel" Followed by a 2 hour long special of Duck Dynasty with everyone back and people are still pissed so they tune it and people who never heard of the show tune in and they get even better ratings and its a win win for them

Hmmmm I can see the suspension ending without any repercussions other than "A&E had a talk with this man about what he can and can not say as a representative of this channel" Followed by a 2 hour long special of Duck Dynasty with everyone back and people are still pissed so they tune it and people who never heard of the show tune in and they get even better ratings and its a win win for them

or maybe it was a shot back at him for when he stood up to the producers over them deleting Jesus name from the family prayer time or inserting fake bleeps?

http://theulstermanreport.com/2013/10/05/phil-robertson-stands-up-for-in-jesus-name-after-network-deletes-it-from-prayer/

rabbit season

some real looney tunes in this thread.

Here's my take on this "controversy".  He's free to say and believe whatever the **** he wants.  I don't care.  Period.

I don't watch that show and don't know their names or anything else about them.  They are not on my radar.

If people don't like the show or the people on it, they can change the ****in' channel.

That is all.

or maybe it was a shot back at him for when he stood up to the producers over them deleting Jesus name from the family prayer time or inserting fake bleeps?

http://theulstermanreport.com/2013/10/05/phil-robertson-stands-up-for-in-jesus-name-after-network-deletes-it-from-prayer/

Those producers would be fired or should be fired from a business standpoint imo you don't go cutting off your hand if your a hand model. That's how you make your money.

or maybe it was a shot back at him for when he stood up to the producers over them deleting Jesus name from the family prayer time or inserting fake bleeps?http://theulstermanreport.com/2013/10/05/phil-robertson-stands-up-for-in-jesus-name-after-network-deletes-it-from-prayer/some real looney tunes in this thread.

This may or may not have happened, and I'm not claiming that it didn't....

But for your sake you shouldn't trust this website. Ulsterman is an ultra conservative conspiracy nutter who just makes up lies all the time. He has a made up White House "insider" who constantly claims that Obama is about to throw everyone in FEMA camps, is a secret Muslim, was born in Kenya, is gay and so on. Even Free Republic has told its members not to post stories from Ulsterman because he is a total fraud.

Just a heads up.

BTW, I only watch The Little Couple for reality TV.  It's just about the only positive show on TV, there's is no yelling or screaming of obscenities, they love each other, their dogs, their pet business, and their new children. 

The rest of the reality shows are hotbeds of anger, shouting, and noise.

BTW, I only watch The Little Couple for reality TV.  It's just about the only positive show on TV, there's is no yelling or screaming of obscenities, they love each other, their dogs, their pet business, and their new children. 

The rest of the reality shows are hotbeds of anger, shouting, and noise.

Well the show is actually a positive TV show typically ending with a positive statement about family.

The main family on the show also has an adopted african american son.

Obama watches it and is a fan ,so maybe that explains ......

never seen it myself

me neither, and as a leader, I would hope he at least keeps a finger on the stupid pulse of the country...

Like when I told a tea-bagger the other day (who was saying bad things about Rachel), that she's a Rhodes Scholar, and he said,"Guess who else is? Bill Clinton! What's that mean?"

Me: "Geniuses are everywhere? Whaddo I know? I'm just throwin' your beer around, as you say, right?"

I can't begin to tell you. I've taken crap from this dude who swears that Mike & Frank (pickers) are "faggotts, even though they both have female wives/girlfriends?...

Keep y'all's crazy at home. Swear. I'd rather walk home broke having enjoyed a game all by myself than a bar full of idiots wantin' to watch that nonsense. If you're not hatin' on anyone other than haters, you're welcome to joint..whhadda?huh?

Don't ya love "marketing" to a "different demographic"?

Check.

Do you ever post anything without being in an emotional state of mind?  I mean really the only one in attack mode is you, perhaps when you wake up tomorrow you will drop by and wonder what you were thinking.

Ease away from the keyboard.  It's a messageboard.  You might be listening too much to Rachel and not smelling the roses.  You need some happiness in your life.

I don't watch this show, and don't really care what he said.

However, that being said, it's not a free speech issue. And this has nothing to do with his religion.  It's about dollars, sponsors, and how are perceptions on these issues are evolving.

Most of the episodes are are in the can and ready to air.   There is plenty of time for this to eventually blow over and "Duck Dynasty" to film the season's final episode to increased ratings due to all of this.

Hopefully, we can further our discussions and continue to evolve our perceptions.

The show really has nothing to do with duck calls.  If you have no idea what the show is, why would you comment?

Because some people have the need to tell you they're better than everyone else. I watch CNN, Nat Geo and other serious channels, but I'm.not about to apologize for watching shows that are just for entertainment.

Honestly, some people mist wall around with a baseball bat stuck up their asses.

Those producers would be fired or should be fired from a business standpoint imo you don't go cutting off your hand if your a hand model. That's how you make your money.

Agree, the A&E decision maker in this particular incident basically cut his own throat, he is the one least likely to survive this.  Reminds me a bit of the NPR firing of that commentator couple of years back because he appeared on Fox. The person behind that move lost their job although that was more to do with appearance of partisanship than lost money.

Archived