Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The old guy with a big beard on that A&E show about a bunch of guys who make duck calls got fired (surprise! un-fired!)

Springfield

Stay informed by ignoring information sources...interesting concept.

Colbert calls that "Truthiness"

ˈtro͞oTHēnis/

noun informal

1. the quality of seeming or being felt to be true, even if not necessarily true.

You guys sit around and listen to FoxNews and your liberal garbage all day.  I see what it does to yalls tailgate views.

I will just watch my scripted reality show and be happy thank you.

For other news I will read the biased sources I go to online and glean my own opinion.

You guys sit around and listen to FoxNews and your liberal garbage all day.  I see what it does to yalls tailgate views.

You do of course realize that I don't even subscribe to cable tv, and my news websites are Reuters.com and ES-Tailgate, you get that right?

For other news I will read the biased sources I go to online and glean my own opinion.

You do of course realize that's what we do too, right?

I suspect though that you're a fan of Duck Dynasty and the family and that's why you respond to someone criticizing them the way you have.

I suspect though that you're a fan of Duck Dynasty and the family and that's why you respond to someone criticizing them the way you have.

I am a fan of the show.  Period.  My beliefs aren't the same as their beliefs.  Your beliefs are probably more inline with theirs.

At the end of the day their show is about family.  It's also a scripted reality show.  My responses in this thread are tied mainly to the fact that I find it odd that people post and/or comment about something that they never even watch.  Even if you have watched 1 show.

Actually, I think they were posting about what the Luddite main character of said scripted "reality" show said and the ramifications of his expressing his opinions. Nobody cares enough about that crap show to post comments covering multiple pages about the show's alleged content...at least I hope not.

Actually, I think they were posting about what the Luddite main character of said scripted "reality" show said and the ramifications of his expressing his opinions. Nobody cares enough about that crap show to post comments covering multiple pages about the show's alleged content...at least I hope not.

Yeah, and as I pointed out, your next door neighbor is saying the same thing.  Head to any baptist church near your house, and they will tell you the same thing.

Yeah, and as I pointed out, your next door neighbor is saying the same thing. Head to any baptist church near your house, and they will tell you the same thing.

1). What my neighbor says about it isn't on national TV.

2). And I suspect that, if my neighbor were to say the same thing, in public and on the record, many of said posters would point out that HE'S wrong, too.

It's one of the side effects of fame. Millions of people get to see it, when you step on it.

Ask Sarah Palin.

Not disagreeing, I find it odd that we live amongst these same people yet have a fit when someone says the same thing your next door neighbor thinks.

I don't find it odd at all considering I felt the same way he did until about 3 or 4 years ago. Being alive, if you're not growing personally, u r doin' it rong!  :)

Does everyone think Chris Kluwe had his first amendment rights violated now?

probably workplace discrimination, is his SSM position a religious one?

same difference, but it is probably different

probably workplace discrimination, is his SSM position a religious one?

same difference, but it is probably different

Doesnt matter if his position was religious or not under your theory.  The first amendment prohibits the imposition of religion upon someone too.  So, under your totally wrong theory, you can't fire someone for not being religious.

First Amendment only applies to the government, not the Vikings.  He probably has a workplace discrimination suit if he wants to pursue it.  His Deadspin article said all the right things for that:  "The atmosphere was tense as I left the room." "I felt uncomfortable each time Mike Priefer said these things."  "The atmosphere was decidedly tense. I had never had an interaction that hostile with any of my teammates on this issue . . ."

First Amendment also does not apply to A&E, they are free to hire or fire Mr. Robertson based on his comments all they want, it just depends on what they think it will do for their bottom line.

Doesnt matter if his position was religious or not under your theory.  The first amendment prohibits the imposition of religion upon someone too.  So, under your totally wrong theory, you can't fire someone for not being religious.

You obviously have no idea what my theory is and wish to ignore my repeated references to employment law governing private companies.

Free speech and religious expression is not regulated/enabled by JUST the 1st.

Lawyers  :rolleyes:

Archived