Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The old guy with a big beard on that A&E show about a bunch of guys who make duck calls got fired (surprise! un-fired!)

Springfield

Pretty sure he was using humor,but my father-in-law married his wife when she was 15, certainly not my preference though.

I certainly had no one foolish enough to ask could he marry my daughter at that age

Ha ha ha...that's pretty funny stuff.....oh wait....no it's not.

Joking about older men marrying juvenile girls because when those girls get older then they'll spend all the guy's money.

Git 'em young boyz, before they smartin up!

Hahahaha

It is legal in most states with parental consent. Not sure this gets much traction. Article says he married his wife when she was 16....

To most people, a grown man sleeping with a 15 year old is molestation. They're a lot of people sitting in prison right now for sleeping with 15 year olds.

Humor or not, it's something you just can't say out loud. And we live in a much different world than your father-in-law lived in back in the day.

Different alright, much of what is acceptable out loud now does not seem a improvement to me though. 

Also common in the Middle East, I'm sure everyone is fine with that. No problem at all when a 60 year old Muslim man marries a 15 year old because her parents agrees.

Are you seriously using the Middle East as an example?

To most people, a grown man sleeping with a 15 year old is molestation. They're a lot of people sitting in prison right now for sleeping with 15 year olds.

In most states, with parental consent you can get married at the age of 15.  I think in Maryland its 14.  

I don't think this is as uncommon as you think.

I don't think you'd want a grown man sleeping with your 15 year old.

I'm not even sure he was suggesting it be a grown man.  From what I saw, he was saying marry young girls when you are also young.  Like I said, he apparently married his wife at 16.  

To most people, a grown man sleeping with a 15 year old is molestation.

thats actually "traditional marriage" for most of human history. That, and having bazillion kids with half of them dying before the age of 7. Or something like that. Good old days.

Keep focusing on the age gentlemen and keep ignoring the why.

The clash of cultural norms!

--------------------------

Having spent a considerable amount of time working on my family tree, dating back to the 1300's, the number of women married well below 18 is a lot.  And it doesn't appear to be out of the ordinary for the times.  Age doesn't appear to be a factor; womanhood and survival was.  It's just the way it was then (early 1900's and back)

Nowadays, we frown upon it b/c our culture and family dynamics were structured much differently then it was back then.

Next you're gonna tell me there's no difference when a 15 year old sleeps with a 17 year old as opposed to sleeping with a 30 or 40 year old.

There would be no difference in my reaction,why quibble over how objectionable.

If LeBron James or Tiger Woods got some 15 year old girl pregnant, everyone of you guys that are defending Robertson would be crucifying them. It would be a national scandal where people will DEMAND they do prison time. You know and I know it.

There would be no difference in my reaction,why quibble over how objectionable.

There would certainly be a difference in my reaction....the 30-40 year old better call the cops and turn himself in before I found out, and if he dared ask me to marry my daughter so she could pluck his ducks then they'd better get there quick.

If LeBron James or Tiger Woods got some 15 year old girl pregnant, everyone of you guys that are defending Robertson would be crucifying them. It would be a national scandal where people will DEMAND they do prison time. You know and I know it.

If it were Lebron or Tiger there would be numerous articles on Faux News about how this is just another example of the sexualization of women in black celebrity culture, but since it's Phil then he was just kidding that your daughters should be viewed as hired hands to be married young before they turn into gold diggers.

I'm surprised (genuinely) that Fox is going through with having the Robertsons (albeit their kid and his wife) tonight on their NYE telecast after this latest bombshell.

I wonder if they will ask Willie about his Dad's comments on marrying girls when they are 15-16.

Doubt it.

It's New Years Eve, not a Barbara Walters interview.  Get a hat and a horn blower, grab a drink and try and celebrate tonight, you need it :)

It's New Years Eve, not a Barbara Walters interview.  Get a hat and a horn blower, grab a drink and try and celebrate tonight, you need it :)

I'm an old married dude getting over a cold. I'll be lucky to see 11 tonight.

:D

Besides, I thought that hard hitting Elizabeth Hasselback was hired by Fox to do those Barbara WaWa exposes.

So the reason WHY he says they should marry them young isn't an issue?

Let some "duck commander" try that with my daughter and he'll have himself a hunting accident.

I don't embrace or support that practice. However it is not illegal.

Parental consent is what is needed in those situations. If all parties involved are in agreement...especially the young ladies parents...so be it.

I feel as if no one should be allowed to get married before 25...but that is way off topic.

Also common in the Middle East, I'm sure everyone is fine with that. No problem at all when a 60 year old Muslim man marries a 15 year old because her parents agrees.

I think it's creepy, but we are the land of the free...right ?

I am not condoning it just

Archived