Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The old guy with a big beard on that A&E show about a bunch of guys who make duck calls got fired (surprise! un-fired!)

Springfield

Point being, just because someone is a redneck doesn't make them klan members, uncultured or ignorant.

my brother-in-law is pure redneck,the good kind  :)

when he started dating my sister I must admit to a few ;)  reservations and presumptions.

I've known many that are some of the best,kindest and brightest people I have ever met.....I've met too many of the other kind as well

This whole thing reeks of a publicity stunt pulled by A&E and the Robertsons.

I don't know, why would they consult with a pro-gay advocacy group like GLAAD about their decision? What about the other videos of Phil saying similar things? If it was contrived, I think it was likely only by the A&E leadership and they played GLAAD and the Robertsons like pieces on a chess board.

I don't know, why would they consult with a pro-gay advocacy group like GLAAD about their decision? What about the other videos of Phil saying similar things? If it was contrived, I think it was likely only by the A&E leadership and they played GLAAD and the Robertsons like pieces on a chess board.

I have trouble believing that anybody is that much of a clever mastermind. 

Although, granted, his views on homosexuality and race weren't exactly hidden from the producers.  Nor would it have been all that unreasonable to expect groups like GLAAD (or the right wingers) to react the way they did. 

It's not like it takes a genius to push those particular buttons. 

It could easily be inferred that by his anecdotal experience that for him white trash equaled blacks. It is also ignorant to think that in the days of active lynchings that blacks are going to complain about their lot in life to a white kid.

Racist? No....

Ignorant? Yes

It could easily be inferred that by his anecdotal experience that for him white trash equaled blacks. It is also ignorant to think that in the days of active lynchings that blacks are going to complain about their lot in life to a white kid.

Racist? No....

Ignorant? Yes

I agree he could be ignorant as to the true black perspective and is certainly no expert.

How many lynchings occurred in Louisiana in his youth or even lifetime?....any?

add

if you are curious, the last recognized lynching in La was in 1946, both well before his birth and youth if you remember the time perspective of youths

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O._H._Haynes,_Jr.

I agree he could be ignorant as to the true black perspective and is certainly no expert.How many lynchings occurred in Louisiana in his youth or even lifetime?....any?

Why do you limit it to Louisiana? It's not like the news of Mississippi/Alabama/Georgia lynchings wouldn't have reached Louisiana. It's also not like Louisiana didn't have a history.

http://www.knowla.org/entry/736/

It's also not as if the lack of an official lynching meant there was no racial violence against blacks in Louisiana during his lifetime.

Because he spoke directly of his experience and those he knew there.We all have the same history,assigning it to him seems biased.

And maybe he should have noted that he came to realize that the racial dynamics were much much more complicated than he understood at the time, instead of stating things in such a way that it certainly appears that by his perspective all was good for the blacks in Louisiana from the 1940's on.

And maybe he should have noted that he came to realize that the racial dynamics were much much more complicated than he understood at the time, instead of stating things in such a way that it certainly appears that by his perspective all was good for the blacks in Louisiana from the 1940's on.

Maybe so, but maybe you should read his comment in the context of happiness is found by following God,rather than circumstances.

anyone that has hoed cotton is aware life ain't all good  :P

Maybe so, but maybe you should read his comment in the context of happiness is found by following God,rather than circumstances.

anyone that has hoed cotton is aware life ain't all good  :P

Happiness is about circumstance, he says that they were all happy and none were singing the blues. He is speaking for their state of mind, that's a HUGE assumption on his part.

I know a lot of very poor people in Guatemala, they have a joy and gratitude that transcends their circumstance, but I cannot say that they are happy about their lives, nor does any of that mean that things aren 't awful for them.

Divining happiness in others does seem fraught with perils

Acts

I think myself happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answer for myself this day before thee touching all the things whereof I am accused of the Jews

maybe it is like the tide and ebbs and flows

Now he maybe in some real trouble.

Robertson Claims Men Should Marry Girls When They're 15 Or 16.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/12/31/phil-robertson-seen-in-new-video-saying-men-should-marry-girls-when-are-15-or/

It will be interesting to see how many come to his defense this time.

Pretty sure he was using humor,but my father-in-law married his wife when she was 15, certainly not my preference though.

I certainly had no one foolish enough to ask could he marry my daughter at that age 

Now he maybe in some real trouble.

Robertson Claims Men Should Marry Girls When They're 15 Or 16.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/12/31/phil-robertson-seen-in-new-video-saying-men-should-marry-girls-when-are-15-or/

It will be interesting to see how many come to his defense this time.

It is legal in most states with parental consent.  Not sure this gets much traction.

Article says he married his wife when she was 16....

Archived