Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lol, more leaks..NBCWashington:Kyle Shanahan May Be at Center of Redskins Coaching Drama

darrelgreenie

Who has the ability to leak the gameplan? I mean come on. I think this is the final admission that it is indeed someone on the coaching staff. Now I think we should take bets on which one. 

This is why I have a hard time believing it is Mike. Say what you want about the man, but he is not stupid. The way these "leaks" are coming out and what is being implied by them would most definitely make people think that it was coming from a member of the coaching staff if not Mike and/or Kyle themselves. If Mike was truly the source of these "leaks," I believe he would be more tactical about when/how things were said so as not to make it so "obvious" where the leaks are coming from.

To me, it is like watching a network drama show where everything seems to point to one character, but you know that the show is only twenty minutes in, and there are 40 minutes left so there will have to be a big switch coming up with some new information, and that character will be shown to be the wrong suspect. That's how it feels/looks to me. It is being set up to look easily like we should know who this source is, but the source obviously doesn't want to be identified, so why would they choose to leak things using the timing/methods/and ALL of the alleged information that they have when it so easily points back to them? It seems too convenient to me and makes me truly suspicious.

I work for my dad. My dad works hard. I work hard. We don't always get alone. Some days the situation sucks, other days I'm glad it's like this.

The scenario of having friends and family work for you, or work for them is totally dependent on the two people. If all parties work hard and are good at what they do, it's an amazing partnership.

If that doesn't happen, you have opened pandora's box and are in the absolute worst work situation you could be in. You quit a job, you quit your job. Get another. You mess up things with your family/friends it might be for life.

This is the latter. And that sucks. But it's the risk you take when you hire your family members. You better be damn sure it'll work...because I know from personal experience that it's a hell of a lot easier to say "Look, man...I just don't want the situation of having a friend/family member work for me. It's just a bad situation." than saying "It's nothing personal, but you're fired."

Anyone else think it may be RG3 himself leaking these things? Other players have taken issue with his comments, perhaps for good reason, they know he's the one creating all the drama.  He's always giving the media more attention than necessary.  He's now being "shut down" for the season.  Plus he's been given every opportunity to put all the drama to rest by saying he gets along fine with all the coaches and players and hasn't.

I don't really buy any of that or think thats close to the truth, honestly. From all indications, Shanny is the source of most the leaks. Considering Schefter has broken many Redskin stories in the past, its safe to say that Shanny definitely lets some info out to his buddy, and its not much of a stretch to think he'd do it for a few other media friends.

I must be completely stupid, but the apparent hate for the Read Option from RGIII just makes no sense to me.  As covered countless times, everyone of his injuries occurred on scrambles.  No one MAKES you scramble (well, except perhaps blocking or the inability to get past the first read in your progressions).  Two games we can question about how much running was done would be early in the season (Cincinnati certainly).  But, by the end of the season, they were running one of the most effective offenses yardage-wise in the league.  It made him a ProBowler, made him a household name... I just find this odd.

Cooley keeps saying how he loved the offense because it made sense.  It worked.  How they adjusted the offense after the bye to get RG to the sidelines more.

RG cut back against the Ravens to get hit.  RG scrambled to throw back against his body in Seattle.

It's clear that RG thinks he knows more than Kyle and Mike.  I guess we'll see over the next three games.

when kevin sheehan says 'this is 100% on mike shanahan', the end must be near. he's been his biggest supporter since he's been here. 

adam schefter 'confirming' that mike wasnt happy with dan and his relationship with griff, whatever thats worth.

This is the most worthless article I've ever seen. There's no information whatsoever. I feel like I just read an "article" reporting that water is wet.

do you think it might have legs?

im trying to make sense of the clear break down in the relationship between snyder and shanny or shanny and griff, and, to me, it makes as much sense as anything else. 

makes more sense than (just) dan having thanksgiving dinner with griff.  schefter just said shanny didnt like dans relationship with griff, and confirmed he was ready to quit last year (apparently before the seattle game). now, THAT makes no sense to me. its just incomprehensible a coach would quit over something like that alone. 

however, his son struggling as OC with a QB who doesnt like him (which he may blame on griffs relationship with dan), whom he cant or wont fire and his son isnt likely to get a HC gig anytime soon, yes, i can see shanny wanting to move on from that situation. 

and scorch some earth while he is at it. 

Interesting that Cooley came out and supported this move to shelve Griffin. I imagine this is like your parents fighting for many Redskins fans

Wow

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/12/11/cooley-cousins-a-better-pocket-passer-than-rgiii/

That blew me away.

By the way, I kind of called this in the wild speculation/conspiracy theory thread.

Here's what may really be at the heart of the problem, behind the scenes there has been rumor [rumor] that Shannahan was not enamored with RG3, and was pushed into drafting him, he apparently was content with staying pat, or trading down for Tannehill, and was apparently in love with Curt Cousins, and felt he was the steal of the draft [as did I].

Perhaps MS is a little peeved right now that he has a QB who can't play from the pocket, and can't keep himself out of harms way when he get's out of the pocket, and he's being scapegoated for a decision he was against, along with all the draft picks he had to give away for RG3, while he needed to rebuild the entire team...Couple that with the restriction of the cap penalty, I would be a little ticked myself as being set up as the fall guy. It sounds like it still has Snyder's stink all over it???? As usual Dan got what he wanted, and screwed the pooch once again, and once again another coach will take the fall for his stupidity.....as Dan will probably buy off his silence. That's my theory anyway. :)

Here's what may really be at the heart of the problem, behind the scenes there has been rumor [rumor] that Shannahan was not enamored with RG3, and was pushed into drafting him, he apparently was content with staying pat, or trading down for Tannehill, and was apparently in love with Curt Cousins, and felt he was the steal of the draft [as did I].

Perhaps MS is a little peeved right now that he has a QB who can't play from the pocket, and can't keep himself out of harms way when he get's out of the pocket, and he's being scapegoated for a decision he was against, along with all the draft picks he had to give away for RG3, while he needed to rebuild the entire team...Couple that with the restriction of the cap penalty, I would be a little ticked myself as being set up as the fall guy. It sounds like it still has Snyder's stink all over it???? As usual Dan got what he wanted, and screwed the pooch once again, and once again another coach will take the fall for his stupidity.....as Dan will probably buy off his silence. That's my theory anyway. :)

your awesome pic aside, as i understand it - and nobody- not even schefter- has disputed it- shanny has complete control over the roster.

besides, knowing shanny like we do, do we really think he would allow danny to tell him what QB to draft? QB, after all, is supposed to be shanny's forte (though you wouldnt know it from his time here).

shanny wouldnt have taken the job in the first place had he not had total control. but even if danny tried to push for a guy shanny dindt like, i would imagine it would have leaked by now. 

makes a hell of a lot more sense than 'he didnt like dan being close to griff'

But after one of the greatest seasons a QB has ever had, he might be a coach killer? Glad Cooley talking about an offense means a lot to you, considering since hes only been a Redskins his whole career meanwhile Washington has barely had a top 10 offense in two decades, if they have at all. Even if this is the best system we've had since he was in the league, thats not saying that much.

We're actually currently ranked in the top 10 and were last year as well.  Take that for what you will but your statement is false.

Interesting that Cooley came out and supported this move to shelve Griffin. I imagine this is like your parents fighting for many Redskins fans

Wow

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/12/11/cooley-cousins-a-better-pocket-passer-than-rgiii/

I think you should make that into a new thread because it's going to get lost and over looked by a lot of people who should probably be reading that.

Wow

Actually, its not surprising at all, considering the physical situation.

But because this has happened with all the commotion going on it paints a different picture.

Whether Mike is giving Dan the F_U you're #1 finger or not, it in reality is the best and safest solution; keeping Griffin healthy for next season should be the upmost important thing to do.

Its just when you have pro and anti Griffin fans discussing the matter, cynicism and sarcasm precedes facts.

The Real Housewives of Washington

Man how i miss football. its been almost a full year since we have seen any.

Thanks for the laugh during this cluster****.

Interesting that Cooley came out and supported this move to shelve Griffin. I imagine this is like your parents fighting for many Redskins fansWow

I don't care about past reputation, it's time for the Dan to speak and stop this circus.

Wow

Everything he said is dead on here.

Thanks for the laugh during this cluster****.

If i was any good at photoshop, it would have been an epic joke.

That's actually, for the long term health of the franchise, the WORST thing that can happen.

Playing devils advocate...

There is no chance he does well against weak opponents, Kyle changes his playbook to cater to his strengths, vaults his value. The new regime trades him on draft day for a first, that is used to draft an interior OL that is a good pass blocker...

Is that the worst case too?

No need to answer, just trying to look at the any positives we can have today

Wow

Cooley's diagnosis -- and I think he knows better than most of us -- is precisely the thing that confuses me with the hate for the Read Option.

Kyle puts in a system that minimizes reads for RG to help him acclimate to the league.  RG gets hurt so the growth of him as a player is stunted.  RG doesn't want to run Read Option anymore because he's convinced by someone that it is bad for him as a player.  Team modifies offense to grow as a pocket passer on the fly.  There are some flashes, but it (the 2013 offense) generally underachieves.  Teams see that now so they bottle us up with blitzes where he's not making good reads.  When they try to run stuff that worked last year, RG can't or won't be explosive.

While you can't support the WAY we got to this point, it is pretty clear.  The kid's learning on the fly, it's a painful process that should have partially occurred in the offseason... and I believe the Shanahans were frustrated that they were pushed into starting him by the media circus around "they promised me if I was cleared I'd start" when he clearly wasn't ready.  

They probably knew it and it cost them the season.  My guess is they hoped they could go 4-4 or even 3-5 early and make another push.  But we know how that went.

Playing devils advocate...

There is no chance he does well against weak opponents, Kyle changes his playbook to cater to his strengths, vaults his value. The new regime trades him on draft day for a first, that is used to draft an interior OL that is a good pass blocker...

Is that the worst case too?

No need to answer, just trying to look at the any positives we can have today

No that's not.

As long as Griffin stays healthy.

That blew me away.

By the way, I kind of called this in the wild speculation/conspiracy theory thread.

Nonetheless, Cooley is big time pro RG3, touting him right now on the radio.  He just said RG3 was "put into an astronomical bad work environment", etc.  But thinks he will be fine next year, etc.   Cooley said the team needs to figure out how to mold the team around RG3.   He thinks RG3 will learn from the season and adjust, saying he's brilliant intellectually.  

Archived