Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lol, more leaks..NBCWashington:Kyle Shanahan May Be at Center of Redskins Coaching Drama

darrelgreenie

And yet some STILL support them. 

People NEVER cease to amaze. Sighs. 

Hail. 

Well amongst other things, Snyder cursing about Kyle doesn't seem very professional. Regardless of Kyle's last name. What am I missing?

Shanny may be a jerk, bad coach, ego maniac, etc. but none of this makes me like or "support" Snyder much either.

Who do we think the mole is, the mastermind?  Look at all the leaks. Who, or what part of the team stands to gain the most from the leaks?

Mike, Kyle, maybe Cousins. Someone with ties to offense is my guess. Anyone else, say someone gunning for Mike or Kyle's job?  Someone wanting revenge.

The last leak, that RG3 and Dan are too tight. Mike was sick of it and its an unbearable situation. People are quick to say it was Mike.  That he wants out and the main goal is to get paid for next year without working. Doesn't Mike have enough wealth already to at least start to question the motive is money?

Sure, he did not dispute it. Went right to his ringer media outlets. And he is a conniving SOB.

But I think it is making him look bad, and got his resume dirty. If you were an owner would you rush to hire him? 

We still don't know who the mole is, nor do we know conclusively that Mike requested the latest mole activity to occur, nor when it did.

He clearly has lost control of the team and maybe just maybe he does not know who the moleman is, nor approve of the latest stunt. Just riding the wave for an easy out, and it true. Truly such a fragile ego, news of a text to Dan from RG3 has his blood boiling. But lets theorize the mole wants Mike out more than Mike does, and goes right to "mike's" prime outlets. Sells it.

Something doesn't quite add up to me.

Sitting right in the middle of this standoff between Mike and Dan of course, is RG3.

And Kyle.

hans-moleman-wallpaperG.jpg

Tomorrow should be a big day between RG3's presser and Shanny saying he will make up his mind that day about who is the starter.  If Cousins is named the starter if Shanny sticks to his McNabb style script, he will leak stories about RG3's practice habits and whatever will more or less imply that Shanny is the brilliant task master/game planner -- but the student isn't capable/willing to fulfill the master plan.

Shanny seems with leaks to have 2 themes running:

1.  Everything is great on his end -- its the players fault

2.  Come up with something inflammatory about that player to get people talking.  On this one if its not RG3, I'd gather its the owner who stays the target.

In short, Shanny's record here stinks, much of what his critics have said about him before he took this job has proven to be true.  So he's in major damage control mode.    So he clearly is big time on a quest to lay blame outside of himself for the team's problems.

This IMO is beyond bad but actually a disaster for Shanny.  From what I've read he wanted this job partly to help his legacy which was tarnished toward the end of his tenure in Denver -- his goal was the Hall of Fame.  Doubt its happening now.   The other thing is am sure its torture for him ego wise to end his coaching career on this note and wants another job, but how is he going to sell another owner on his credentials after this disaster stint.  So I gather he is one desperate dude, throwing hail marys to save his rep.

I posted this on my facebook page last Thursday...

All I have to say is if you like drama shows like Scandal, Chicago Fire, etc., pay close attention to the Redskins off-season. Those shows will look like Sesame Street compared to what's about to go down in Ashburn starting January. Heads will roll... 

That was three days before the Shanhan story came out on Sunday, and now this. lol Looks like January started early...

f8a.gif

Rg me can't pocket pass right now ... He holds the damn ball like Jason Campbell 2.0 for 6 seconds.... Can't run RO because defenses have caught up .... So what the hell kind of plays do you want called ???? In the end we complain every 4 years about coaches and nothing changes!!! Players come here to die or stay her and do better else where ... But one thing im sure of is that rg3 will take years to learn how to pocket pass...

RGIII needs an offseason and he should be much better. Changing protections is a mental thing though and he can't even do that. If I were Kyle I'd be pissed too. Garçon knew Robert was holding them back. If Robert spent less time trying to influence people to suit his agenda and actually buy in to a system Cooley said was the best he'd ever been in then the team wouldn't be such a dumpster fire. Problem is they couldn't run that system because Robert either couldn't grasp it; or wouldn't. I sure hope he doesn't become a coach killer.

Let's call it like it is. Kirk, talking right now and not years later, gives the team the best chance to win these next three games. Whomever is the next coach better put Team Robert in their place day one or this franchise is screwed.

RGIII needs an offseason and he should be much better. Changing protections is a mental thing though and he can't even do that. If I were Kyle I'd be pissed too. Garçon knew Robert was holding them back. If Robert spent less time trying to influence people to suit his agenda and actually buy in to a system Cooley said was the best he'd ever been in then the team wouldn't be such a dumpster fire. Problem is they couldn't run that system because Robert either couldn't grasp it; or wouldn't. I sure hope he doesn't become a coach killer.

Let's call it like it is. Kirk, talking right now and not years later, gives the team the best chance to win these next three games. Whomever is the next coach better put Team Robert in their place day one or this franchise is screwed.

So what evidence is there that RGIII is spending more time trying to influence people to suit his agenda than he is preparing to play football? Or is this just another magical stat removed from the posterior of our great fanbase to knock someone during a bad season? 

But after one of the greatest seasons a QB has ever had, he might be a coach killer? Glad Cooley talking about an offense means a lot to you, considering since hes only been a Redskins his whole career meanwhile Washington has barely had a top 10 offense in two decades, if they have at all. Even if this is the best system we've had since he was in the league, thats not saying that much.

Mike, Kyle and RG are all equally culpable for many of the offensive (intended) woes.  But the fact that Shanny had to explain to Robert his reasons for pulling him out of the KC debacle is an indication that Robbie's competitiveness blinds him to self awareness. I'm afraid he bought into his own hype!  I'm curious- one year late- what will Tony Romo sits to pee say to our beleaguered QB?

This is the most entertainment I have had all season.  One thing strikes me as odd though, I don't believe Mike Shanahan is pressed for money and why would he want to tarnish his own image and ruin his legacy.  The more this thing goes on I am starting to believe the mole may indeed be Kyle Shanahan.

This is pure speculation on my part, but I think that last season when RGIII won Rookie of the Year and RGIII got all the accolades maybe Kyle felt a little slighted because he did not get as much credit for his success.   Is it not true that he did not get one offer from another team in the offseason.  I think there was some tension there between RGIII & Kyle like most any relationship between a franchise QB and the OC, it happens.   I think Mike Shanahan tried to make them resolve their differences as best he could, but it finally came to a point where he had to decide between his job (Bringing his franchise QB along) & his son (Also his OC).  I think at that point Mike attempeted to get himself fired to remove himself from the situation completely. 

So what evidence is there that RGIII is spending more time trying to influence people to suit his agenda than he is preparing to play football? Or is this just another magical stat removed from the posterior of our great fanbase to knock someone during a bad season? 

But after one of the greatest seasons a QB has ever had, he might be a coach killer? Glad Cooley talking about an offense means a lot to you, considering since hes only been a Redskins his whole career meanwhile Washington has barely had a top 10 offense in two decades, if they have at all. Even if this is the best system we've had since he was in the league, thats not saying that much.

RG III laid down the law on how he would be used from the beginning.  Thru his dad (show me a running qb...)  and his passive aggressive conferences about how people know how they need to use him and how to manage him better.  Sunny has been hard on him for not progressing with simple things like protections and check downs.  B-Mitch called him out for not paying attention to Kyle weeks ago.  (Granted lately he's been looking more intently at what Kyle's been saying).  Garcon has called him out with his comment that people were open and that the passing game sucked.  Moss called him out about running his mouth.

RG III was loving the Read Option stuff that "Kyle" designed for him when he won rookie of the year.  Then Robert wants to dime him out for making him run in the Seattle game?  When he lied about his own injury. 

Do a search of all my posts and you won't see one where I say Robert is a bust and we made a mistake.  I believe in him.  He's got a much higher ceiling than Kirk does.  Hell, just look at the arm strength alone!  But as long as the owner, fans like you, and puppet coaches that might be brought in here puff him up then he's never going to learn how to be an NFL QB.  Then our franchise is royally screwed.  Worse than after the Chargers with Leaf because we gave up three high picks!

Hold RG III accountable.  He's tough and he can take it.  Every QB expert on TV can't be wrong regardless what you think about Kyle.  Robert has a lot of work to do.

I will say this though.  Don't think I'm taking Shanahan's side completely.  Leaking little stories here and there is just plain childish and Mike should be above that.  That causes mistrust among the player base and will make it hard for him to get another coaching job.  I wouldn't hire him after what he pulled here.  No matter how bad Snyder was.  We expect Snyder to be evil.  Mike was supposed to be above that.

I've hated Kyle's play calling all year.  He abandons the run when we have a lead and it's still effective (like in Minnesota when we're running at over 4.5 per carry).  He calls too many pass plays in a row.  At this point, we all know what Griffin's weaknesses are, yet the OC continually calls plays that put him in a position to fail.  It's maddening.

I won't be sad to see him go, but, in reality, I wish we could keep the offense, just get another play caller.

The other thing that makes me think, if it is between Griffin and Kyle, that it's Kyle's fault is that after the Philly game, Griffin actually went to Kyle to clarify his comments.  That points to a certain maturity in trying to make sure the OC wasn't offended by his comments. Just something to add to the mystery.

Archived