Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lol, more leaks..NBCWashington:Kyle Shanahan May Be at Center of Redskins Coaching Drama

darrelgreenie

Kyle Shanahan May Be at Center of Redskins Coaching Drama
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/sports/Kyle-Shanahan-May-Be-at-Center-of-Redskins-Coaching-Drama-235287111.html

There's reason to believe that Kyle Shanahan is what is driving Mike Shanahan to want out as head coach of the Washington Redskins, a couple of strong sources within the organization told News4 Sports.
Kyle Shanahan's role in the organization as offensive coordinator may be putting the head coach in a position where he has to choose between his son and his job.
Sources told us that the coach is not being fired Tuesday and will be at practice Wednesday when the team begins work for Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons.
We also just confirmed with the Redskins that Dan Snyder will not be involved in any player decisions and will allow the head coach to make the call as to whether Robert Griffin III or Kirk Cousins starts at quarterback Sunday against the Falcons.

Mike did say there would be more leaks..lol

Just posted this in another thread:

Robert and Kyle haven't really meshed together. Came to a boiling point after the Dallas game last year, where we ran basically zero RO. In game planning for Seattle, Robert wanted something similar to Dallas without the running, because he was hurt. He wanted to win with dropback passing and their running game. Kyle pushed the RO. Then Griffin got hurt, running a bootleg or whatever it was to the sideline, he aggravated that injury (maybe he actually tore the ACL there, who knows). But when you look back at the quotes afterwards, Griffin talking about people "accepting responsibility," he was talking about Kyle pushing him to run more in that game than he was comfortable with. And that also has to be the source of Dan's animosity, if he feels that Kyle jeopardized the health of his prize superstar QB.

That article is lacking substance. Where is the information?

substance? you mean 'facts'? madness, i say! we've got blogs to write and ads to sell!

substance, he says. what a laugh.

seriously, though, i think this theory makes the most sense. we've been hearing for awhile that kyle and griff dont get along. mike isnt going to choose griff over kyle, so unless he gets a HC job somewhere (which is laughable, imo), hes stuck here. 

he'd rather get fired and on his way out, make dan look like he's meddling than have to get rid of his son. 

Kyle probably had grand visions of stardom coming to work for his dad and his guaranteed run game. This was supposed to be closing in on his team near year 5, but the wheels have come off the wagon.

As he quickly found himself second fiddle to RG3.

Are Ego's genetic?

I have been questioning Kyle's play calling all year. Saying, he is not using Robert to his strengths. The entire offense, actually. Making life hard for him. Maybe Kyle considers it learning by making calls that are just harder than others, ignoring simple staple plays where he does well.  He is just all over the board, a mess.

Who knows what is going through his head when he is calling plays but I have been wondering all year.

Until I hear otherwise I consider Kyle/his cronies the mole.

These leaks don't even make sense.

I have been one of the most critical people of Kyle on this board but I can't believe Dan would want to fire Kyle more then any other coach.

He wouldn't even be in my top 4 of people I would fire first.

If I had a smoking gun it would go like this:

Strip Mike Shanahan of GM duties

Burns.

Slowick.

Halsett.

I would believe the story more if it said Dan wants to strip Mike of GM duties or Mike wants to fire Burns etc...

Rg me can't pocket pass right now ... He holds the damn ball like Jason Campbell 2.0 for 6 seconds.... Can't run RO because defenses have caught up .... So what the hell kind of plays do you want called ???? In the end we complain every 4 years about coaches and nothing changes!!! Players come here to die or stay her and do better else where ... But one thing im sure of is that rg3 will take years to learn how to pocket pass...

"There's reason to believe" - - WHY?

Kyle's role "may be" putting Shanahan in [a bad position] - HOW IS IT PUTTING HIM IN THIS POSITION?  Is the "may" just cover for pulling this idea out of the author's butt?

"couple of strong sources within the organization"

These reporters aren't sitting around making stuff up. Someone is feeding them stories.

"There's reason to believe" - - WHY?

Kyle's role "may be" putting Shanahan in [a bad position] - HOW IS IT PUTTING HIM IN THIS POSITION?  Is the "may" just cover for pulling this idea out of the author's butt?

I suppose if the reporter made absolute statements without confirmation, you wouldn't be critical of it at all?  :rolleyes:

Or would you prefer that all the Redskins news this week be "We don't know exactly what's going on. That is all."

Archived