Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lol, more leaks..NBCWashington:Kyle Shanahan May Be at Center of Redskins Coaching Drama

darrelgreenie

We have known for a while that Kyle and Robert don't get along very well. Robert and Mike are OK as far as HC QB relationships go but Kyle keeps going back to the R.O. Robert wants to expand the offense.

Stop making **** up. You have no clue what you are talking about.

i haven't heard that stuff and I doubt many others haven't either

You don't follow LL on twitter or read his posts?

The problem is obvious, whose to blame only time will tell.

RG3 isn't happy.

Kyle isn't happy.

Shanny isn't happy.

Dan isn't happy.

We all get it.

The truth is out there, but Cooley doesn't know it.

Yes.

People love the drama and rumors.  Take them for what they are worth.

Have to disagree with you, Chip. I highly doubt us fans are "loving the drama" surrounding our team right now. In fact, I'd be willing to bet 99% of us would love no drama with this team. As far as the "leaks", when there's smoke...

It's coming from somewhere and it isn't just being made up for ****s and giggles. Sure, some of it may be overblown, but it's clear ****s going on behind the scenes. And it starts with Shanny, plain and simple.

Why would you want this to stop? It's awesome. It makes me laugh daily. I'm actually enjoying it. It's so absurd that I find it quite amusing. We've sucked for 20 years, so we might as well suck and be funny rather than suck and be boring, like the Bills.

I hope we never actually fire any of these guys so all of this will continue.

Have to disagree with you, Chip. I highly doubt us fans are "loving the drama" surrounding our team right now. In fact, I'd be willing to bet 99% of us would love no drama with this team. As far as the "leaks", when there's smoke...

It's coming from somewhere and it isn't just being made up for ****s and giggles. Sure, some of it may be overblown, but it's clear ****s going on behind the scenes. And it starts with Shanny, plain and simple.

Well we would all prefer a winning franchise.

No offense SF4128...but naivety isn't in my vocabulary.

There are leaks on 3 sides of the coin, not just from Shanny.  You can read the leaks on this site.  They aren't Shanny leaks.

There is blame to go all around.  Now the leaks are covering everyones bases.

Brace yourself bro... A lot more stuff is going to come out. 

Honestly, I don't care.  Unless, Shanny fully admits that Dan snyder personally ordered the following:

1.  We trade for Mcnabb

2.  We trade the picks for RG3

3.  RG3 will play from the season opener unless he physically can't.

Otherwise, I don't really care.  Most of this **** probably doesn't come out until Shanny and the team are no longer linked together. Other than Snyder's role, I will be more focused on what will be the Redskins organizational structure going forward and he will be the new coach and hopefully a GM is hired also.

The truth of the matter is that Robert is insecure because of Cousins.  Kirks strength is Roberts weakness.  Pocket passing.   Thus Robert doesn't want Kirk to get any playing time momentum.  So I don't think he's going to take very well to being sat down.   But Robert has to learn, he is not above the team -- and that mandate can only come from Shanahan. 

Understandably Kirk has been up and down in relief.  But has shown enough flashes that he's made RG Appollo Creed and Kirk the guy in the Freezer punching the meat.  Preseason last year, Griff struggles against Chicago, Kirk comes in and goes like 23 - 28 and leads a comeback.  Griff, note to self.  Griff gets knocked out against Atlanta.  Kirk comes in and immediately throws a bomb to Tanna for a T.D.  But then throws a couple of picks.  Griff relieved.  Griff gets knocked out against the Ravens.  Kirk comes in and wins the game.  Griff, note to self.

Kirk has an incredible first start against the Browns and goes 26 - 37 for 329 yards.  Griff, note to self.  Almost demands next start against Philly despite dragging a leg.  

Griff blows out knee.  Kirk thinking, "Wow I might get first quarter of the season as Griff recovers."   Oh no, not Robert.  Griff demands "All In For Game One."   Can't let Kirk get those first three to four games.  He might make people actually forget about me.  (See what is happening in Chicago). Mike makes the bone headed decision to allow a guy coming off total knee reconstruction surgery and no live reps in preseason to start the year -- (in hindsight) virtually ending any hope for this season. Robert was clearly not ready to play.  Again, ego before team.  Don't blame Robert.  Blame Mike here. You think Pacells would let this charade go on.

This year, Kirk is having a decent preseason, but get's hurt in the second preseason game against the Steelers.  Griff relieved -- probably.

Robert plays a terrible game against Denver, get's knocked out of the game.  Is laying on the table, we create a turnover, and he immediately jumps off the table while being looked at trying to rush back in the game.  Meanwhile Mike makes the switch to Kirk. Robert is clearly upset.  Kirk comes in and starts immediately moving the ball.  Gets down to the 23 and then promptly throws a picks that goes to the house.  Griff, relieved.  

Here's the deal:  Kirk is going to make mistakes too.  He is better where Robert is weak.  Kirk clearly gets the ball out quicker.  Goes through his progressions, and likes to throw to the backs. Something Robert never likes to do. 

I think Roberts real problem is that he has always been given everything and has never had to compete for anything.  He's always been the most talented guy on the team.  The chosen one.  Not to mention, such stature brings over the years a tremendous ego.  He also has an entitled mentality that is not healthy for the team or for him and does make him come across as a baby. Admittedly this season has given him a dose of humility.  He is still in denial about it by not taking full responsibliy.  Yet, he's leaving a ton of plays on the field.  Maybe that is why he doesn't want the negative plays to be shown to the team when they're going over game film.  Makes him look bad in front of everybody.

Kirk closing out the year is his biggest fear in my opinion.  Particularly if Kirk starts to excel, which I think he has a chance to do if he gets the three games.

All of this will ultimately light a fire under Roberts arse in the offseason.  He will approach next year wanting to shut a lot of people up.  I do think if Kirk plays well, a new coach might make them compete for the starting job.  Why not.  This might be Bledsoe Brady revisited.

Right now, I doubt Chicago goes back to Cutler (who is a free agent).  They will talk like they may.   However,  I'm with Ray Lewis.  "Ride the hot hand." 

Robert doesn't want to give Kirk a chance to get hot. The best way to keep that from happening is not let him get on the field.  Today's pressers should be interesting. 

Otherwise, I don't really care.  Most of this **** probably doesn't come out until Shanny and the team are no longer linked together. Other than Snyder's role, I will be more focused on what will be the Redskins organizational structure going forward and he will be the new coach and hopefully a GM is hired also.

Agree, none of the nonsense matters now.

Lets just hire some football folks and stop the drama.

Well we would all prefer a winning franchise.

No offense SF4128...but naivety isn't in my vocabulary.

There are leaks on 3 sides of the coin, not just from Shanny.  You can read the leaks on this site.  They aren't Shanny leaks.

There is blame to go all around.  Now the leaks are covering everyones bases.

I'm far from naive, Chip, and I don't disagree that there is "leaks" from more than just Shanny. My reference is that the original leak was obviously started by Shanny or someone in his camp (possibly Kyle, perhaps). And sure, you could make an argument that blame can be spread around. However, it starts with Shanny. Now, if folks want to continue to blame Snyder for this mess, that's their right.

I, for one, am no apologist for Snyder and how he's handled this organization in the past. But I'm not going to blame him for this train wreck. No sir, this falls directly at Shanny's feet and he should have to own it (which he quite obviously is not prepared to do). To think otherwise, that would be being naive.

I'm far from naive, Chip, and I don't disagree that there is "leaks" from more than just Shanny. My reference is that the original leak was obviously started by Shanny or someone in his camp (possibly Kyle, perhaps). And sure, you could make an argument that blame can be spread around. However, it starts with Shanny. Now, if folks want to continue to blame Snyder for this mess, that's their right.

I, for one, am no apologist for Snyder and how he's handled this organization in the past. But I'm not going to blame him for this train wreck. No sir, this falls directly at Shanny's feet and he should have to own it (which he quite obviously is not prepared to do). To think otherwise, that would be being naive.

The "original" leak started with RG3 and who was to blame for him playing in the Seattle game once injured.

It's all gone down hill since then.

Trust me, Shanny wasn't leaking to ESPN that he was to blame for playing RG3, hence the naivety.  You are just starting from this week.

<Made up ****>

This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen. You're essentially creating a fantasy or alternate reality in your head and proclaiming it as fact. As if you have any insight into what is going on in Griffin's mind. You even get into the minutiae of what is going through his head during certain games? Quite an imagination you've got there. Man I really wish this drama would all be over so people will just stop making **** up. 

This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen. You're essentially creating a fantasy or alternate reality in your head and proclaiming it as fact. As if you have any insight into what is going on in Griffin's mind. You even get into the minutiae of what is going through his head during certain games? Quite an imagination you've got there. Man I really wish this drama would all be over so people will just stop making **** up. 

Then why was this leaked last week.

The "original" leak started with RG3 and who was to blame for him playing in the Seattle game once injured.

It's all gone down hill since then.

Trust me, Shanny wasn't leaking to ESPN that he was to blame for playing RG3, hence the naivety.  You are just starting from this week.

Ah, so you're going back to that fiasco in Seattle (which, BTW, we still don't have a clue what really happened there). Sure, RG3 made his pointed comments, particularly for "people needing to take accountability" for what happened. And honestly, to date Shanny hasn't really accepted any fault in that (as opposed to him blaming Dr. Andrews-who refuted Shanny's claim-to indirectly blaming RG3).

We can agree to disagree, Chip, but the current mess is on Shanny. There's no naivety insults needed, just a difference of opinion. As LL posted, more is about to come out and it could end up a bombshell that none of us could foresee. IMO, Shanny hasn't taken accountability for any of this mess and he is responsible (to what degree remains to be seen) for the "leaks" coming out the park right now. He's playing the shift-the-blame game as best he can (his version of damge control) as his overall coaching job has been abysmal.

Like I said, we can agree to disagree. We're all Skins fans in the end.

Ah, so you're going back to that fiasco in Seattle (which, BTW, we still don't have a clue what really happened there). Sure, RG3 made his pointed comments, particularly for "people needing to take accountability" for what happened. And honestly, to date Shanny hasn't really accepted any fault in that (as opposed to him blaming Dr. Andrews-who refuted Shanny's claim-to indirectly blaming RG3).

We can agree to disagree, Chip, but the current mess is on Shanny. There's no naivety insults needed, just a difference of opinion. As LL posted, more is about to come out and it could end up a bombshell that none of us could foresee. IMO, Shanny hasn't taken accountability for any of this mess and he is responsible (to what degree remains to be seen) for the "leaks" coming out the park right now. He's playing the shift-the-blame game as best he can (his version of damge control) as his overall coaching job has been abysmal.

Like I said, we can agree to disagree. We're all Skins fans in the end.

LOL,

Yeah as LL has posted (naivety) more is about to come out.  This mess is on Shanny (naivety).

I wont go too far but I hope you can get my point if you believe some leaks and not others it's naive.

But in the end, it doesn't matter, as fans we are ****ed either way.

Kyle probably had grand visions of stardom coming to work for his dad and his guaranteed run game. This was supposed to closing in on his team near year 5 but the wheels have come off the wagon.

As he quickly found himself second fiddle to RG3.

Are Ego's genetic?

I have been questioning Kyle's play calling all year. Saying, he is not using Robert to his strengths. The entire offense, actually. Making life hard for him. Maybe Kyle considers it learning by making calls that are just harder than others, ignoring simple staple plays where he does well.  He is just all over the board, a mess.

Who knows what is going through his head when he is calling plays but I have been wondering all year.

Until I hear otherwise I consider Kyle/his cronies the mole.

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day. I believe Kyle is the mole as well. Even if it is confirmed by his own mouth, he will not be in jeopardy of losing his job. Earlier this season I posted that Kyle was punishing RG3 by trying to have him QB in a none existent pocket.

Bottom line I just want this BS to end. I feel bad for all the players that are paying for the Shanny Ego's. Too bad there is not some old school journalist around to dig into this situation and shed some light on this subject. 

A couple weeks ago I thought Atlanta was the worst team in the NFL. Vegas says otherwise, Vegas has Atlanta favored by 6.5 last I checked.

This past Sunday was the first time In my Redskin's fandom, that I actually saw my team quit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB4rsn8rJYM#t=10

You don't follow LL on twitter or read his posts?

The problem is obvious, whose to blame only time will tell.

RG3 isn't happy.

Kyle isn't happy.

Shanny isn't happy.

Dan isn't happy.

We all get it.

The truth is out there, but Cooley doesn't know it.

isn't happy is a far cry from wanting out

Coaches and players, especially QBs have rocky relationships all the time. But you don't give up on a franchise QB.

And if Cookey doesn't why did you say it was old news?

Archived