Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lol, more leaks..NBCWashington:Kyle Shanahan May Be at Center of Redskins Coaching Drama

darrelgreenie

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

Mike Shanahan intends to sit down Dan Snyder at end of year to see if they can work out arrangement that works for both sides next season.

Redskins will not attempt to fire Mike Shanahan for cause and withhold $7 million due for 2014. Contract is “ironclad", per legal source.

Mike Shanahan will not resign from his job and would like to return to Washington next season as long as he can run team the way he wants.

It pains me to say this, but I really do see a scenario where Kyle leaves, and goes somewhere. I'm sure somebody would give him a shot as an OC.  Possibly St. Louis. Hell, he could end back with the Texans.  

Mike stays.  He fires Burns and Haz.  And looks for a new DC and ST coach.  

And Robert goes out of his mind.

I really think that is a very, very likely scenario.

The other is that Allen gets promoted to "President" or something like that, picks a day-to-day GM and the next coach. Like what happened to Vinny after Gibbs retired.  

Hopefully, though, Allen has enough of a good reputation to hire somebody better than Zorn.

I think those 2 possibilities are 50-50 and pick-em at the moment. 

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter23m
Mike Shanahan will not resign from his job and would like to return to Washington next season as long as he can run team the way he wants.

So, now he's dropping that Snyder is interfering, and that he hasn't been able to run the team the way he wants.

However, that's contradictory to the "iron clad" comment, where his contract says he can do anything he wants.

I think at the end of the day, Dan fires Mike. But Dan's going to have to make the move. And he's going to look like a meddling owner again.

Which, for the record, I don't believe at all.

On a side note to the madness that has become this team I want to point out the source of many issues being discussed and that is JLC.  I mean, we used to roast him on here for printing garbage he just randomly created.

I am not saying he didn't accidently fall down and just happened to find some nuggets, but he still is JLC.

I want Shanahan to stay.  We have no better options.  Shanahan has built a solid young offense that will flourish for the next 10 years.  We just need a defense to go along with it.

If you mean Kyle, then I agree.

Mike, on the other hand, no way. When you think of a sustainable, successful future for this franchise, is Mike Shanahan in that picture? His behavior is that of somebody who, (while this has been overused is true), is pulling a Costanza right now.

-Not saying anything to your first round pick in 2012 when you pass by?

-Not addressing the 'elephant in the room'?

These are actions of somebody trying to duck out of a situation without having to confront it publicly...why would you want somebody like that coaching this team?

Schefter: Shanny eyes return in 2014

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10140906/mike-shanahan-wants-return-washington-redskins-2014

Conditions are that Mike plays who he wants to play, including Kirk over RG3.

Oh boy!!

So, just forget he is the guy who brought in RG3 and spent a fortune to do so.  That said, this story is interesting for two points.

1.  At first I thought it was bull because we still have 3 games left and what the heck is the coach talking BS about next season when he has not finished this one.  No reasonable NFL coach what make such talk.

2.  At second glance, I thought, well, this could be another leak from the HC telling the world he wants to stay and maintain control.

Just sad the state of affairs of this organization.

I want Shanahan to stay.  We have no better options.  Shanahan has built a solid young offense that will flourish for the next 10 years.  We just need a defense to go along with it.

What solid young offense? Offense needs 4 starting OL, #1 WR, healthy pass catching TE (Reed missing 4 games due to concussion, has a history of concussions as well to he may miss more games). Not to mention, his offense is ranked in the bottom half of scoring for 3 of 4 years. So where is this young offense that can flourish for next 10 years? 

I am not saying he didn't accidently fall down and just happened to find some nuggets, but he still is JLC.

I think you're missing the sheer level of detail and actual quotes involved in this story, as well as aspects of the last one he did.  Since he moved on from the NFL Network, maybe someone in Skins camp (Snyder even) has agreed to a rapprochement with him in exchange for being the one to break these leaks.  He has credibility as someone who was not pro-Snyder, by any means, so this is sort of a Nixon goes to China thing.

I think at the end of the day, Dan fires Mike. But Dan's going to have to make the move. And he's going to look like a meddling owner again.

Which, for the record, I don't believe at all.

I think Dan will be okay to fire Shanny at the end of the year and not look like a meddler. Shanny's record over 4 years speaks for itself. Not many owners would not fire a coach after a 4 year record like this.

https://twitter.com/JReidPost

Anyone who thinks Shanny is motivated by the truth and doing the right thing ... well, I got a bridge in Brooklyn I'd love to sell ya (smh).

Jason Reid ‏@JReidPost

But here's the thing: Who would hired Shanny after his last 14 seasons? Five playoff appearances and one playoff victory? That's $7 mil?

Jason Reid ‏@JReidPost

Snyder only can wait out Shanny for so long. He's gotta hire someone. For Shanny, only downside to waiting is coaching vacancies get filled

Jason Reid ‏@JReidPost

Obviously, Snyder would love for Shanny to accept a settlement. Shanny wants them Benjamins so bad he can taste it.

Jason Reid ‏@JReidPost

If Shanny thought he could contend for a Super Bowl in a year or two, he rides it out. Shanny sees where this is headed.

This group won't win. Shanny knows that. At the end of the day, his exit strategy is about a bad roster.

Jason Reid ‏@JReidPost

Robert was done with Shanny before he benched him. Would be asking a lot of Robert to come back and work under a man he does not trust.

What solid young offense? Offense needs 4 starting OL, #1 WR, healthy pass catching TE (Reed missing 4 games due to concussion, has a history of concussions as well to he may miss more games). Not to mention, his offense is ranked in the bottom half of scoring for 3 of 4 years. So where is this young offense that can flourish for next 10 years? 

We don't need an offensive line.  This will become apparent after you see KC today.

This is the same offensive line that has had Alfred Morris and the Redskins be the number 1 rushing attack two years straight.

For years people said Roethlisburgers offensive line sucked.  Then, they finally realized he just holds the ball too long.

We have TWO solid qb's and at least one of them will pan out, two solid running backs, a top #1 WR in garcon, a playmaking tight end, a top 3 offensive tackle, etc. 

Shanahan has built a powerhouse offense.  It would be a shame to set this franchise back another 3+ years because of things that have been said.  There are far worse things that happen in an in an NFL locker room than what is happening here (Incognito issue in Miami).

We don't need an offensive line. This will become apparent after you see KC today.

This is the same offensive line that has had Alfred Morris and the Redskins be the number 1 rushing attack two years straight.

For years people said Roethlisburgers offensive line sucked. Then, they finally realized he just holds the ball too long.

We have TWO solid qb's and at least one of them will pan out, two solid running backs, a top #1 WR in garcon, a playmaking tight end, a top 3 offensive tackle, etc.

Shanahan has built a powerhouse offense. It would be a shame to set this franchise back another 3+ years because of things that have been said. There are far worse things that happen in an in an NFL locker room than what is happening here (Incognito issue in Miami).

So uhh how's that o-line looking for KC right now?

You really need to have #clueless as the signature on all your posts.

Archived