Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lol, more leaks..NBCWashington:Kyle Shanahan May Be at Center of Redskins Coaching Drama

darrelgreenie

But one thing im sure of is that rg3 will take years to learn how to pocket pass...

I think you will be shocked by how quickly RGIII develops in that regard. We have already seen signs of that development this year - Bears game, first half of Giants game for example. There have been games when he has just flat played badly for sure - confidence is a huge part of that IMO - but the talent and the ability to be effective from the pocket are there waiting to be polished.

We need to keep perspective here - which I know is asking a heck of a lot given whats happened already this season and what is still to come.

I figured out the source of the "leaks."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAn7baRbhx4

Every thread should have a Monty Python post ....

It's not hard to come up with a theory about the tension about Kyle and RG3, just based on leaks/stories alone.  I recall one story coming out at the time, don't recall from where maybe it was Chris Russell, that after he hurt his LCL RG3 wanted to play from the pocket a lot more to protect himself as opposed to go read option.    Kyle clearly disagreed, thinks that the read option doesn't present further risks, and kept with it and we saw those limpy runs of his for example against Dallas.  Then RG3's worst fears were realized and he got hurt against Seattle, and his camp recently said their issue with the game was what kind of plays Kyle was running.  As to whether Kyle or RG3 was wrong, that's a different debate.  But to me that's my best guess be the source of the problem.   

Now if only the main problem with the team was the passing game, I'd let Shanny off the hook.  We can scapegoat RG3 all we want but the offense is far from the biggest problem with the team IMO.  The reason why Shanny got fired in Denver is because while he knew offense but the rest of their team was mess, specifically his defenses.  Here he inherited a top 10 defense and turned it into the leagues laughingstock.  Granted overrated, but Blache's defenses were the 85 Bears compared to the disaster its been under Shanny.   The Special teams might be the worst put together in the history of the NFL.

Mike Lombardi who worked with Shanny said his weakness is overestimating his rosters talent.  Well, last year he said when they went 3-6 that he put together a top 5 defense when healthy.  OK, well they are healthy now, this is a top 5 unit?   Before this season he said they are deeper than ever, and its Super Bowl or bust!  Well, instead of Superbowl or bust, they are arguably the worst team in the NFL -- and the crazy thing is and even Shanny now admits they are one of the healthiest teams in the NFL.   

Now, Shanny contends he didn't really mean it when he said they are deeper than ever and depth is the problem because of the salary cap.  And the other woes are of course due to Danny and Rg3 having thanksgiving dinner, together etc.  Give me a break.

Cooley a couple of days ago flat out said that players have recognized a few things about Shanny early in his tenure here:  1.  He is major leaker to the press.  2.  He often doesn't tell the truth.  3.  He struggles to bond well and relate to players.     

If Griffin doesn't  like the Read Option, I find that hilarious.  The RO is what made him have success. He isn't a drop back Qb and I don't think he will be.  I've never been a fan of the Shannahans, but, I thought they did a fine job of switching to the RO (which I'm not a fan of) because that is what they had to do with Griffin in order to win.  IMO, I see the coaches as realizing that Griffin is not getting better as a passer and the RO is their only means of winning with him.  Again, I'm not a fan of the coaches, but I don't think Griffin is an NFL qb without the RO.  And now that defenses have adjusted, I don't think he will be successful until he learns to be a better passer without relying on the RO.  ie, reading defenses, better mechanics when first option isn't open etc...

RG3 is to Dan, as Kyle is to Mike

Preferential treatment can come in many flavors.  

Yet the Shanahan camp is the only one crying, to the media of all places.

Amazing.

Short of being fired, he has full control of the team. This is his baby.

If people are going to complain about RG3, I hope people don't mind if some of us continue to complain about Kyle and how unhealthy a situation a father son coach assistant coach combo can be. Icing on the cake was drafting Cousins immediately after drafting RG3, of course.  Those 2 things alone, were red flags from the start, and destined to become at the very least, distractions.

I definitely agree that a father son coaching thing isn't the best situation. I would have never allowed it.  (IMO, a son in a lesser position wouln't be as big of a deal, but not head coach and coordinator), but, I don't care who the coaches are, Griffin is not going to be what people are hoping for.  Huge bust drafting him and giving up what they did IMO.

We currently don't have a football franchise. We have a Sports Entertainment Business.

I don't think it would take much to make this a football franchise again, but its not that right now. We're more like WWE than the NFL (And I love WWE, but, when I watch the NFL I want the NFL, you know?) :)

I am starting to believe that Snyder pushed for Mcnabb and RG3 because he knows that the Shanahans would rather try and win games with less talented guys who will follow their instructions like robots. Schaub, Rex, Beck, and Cousins suit them just fine even though on a upside scale of 1-10 none of them rates above a 5 and none of them will win you a Super Bowl unless the team surrounding them is full of All Pros at every position. Snyder doesn't understand a lot about Roster Building but he does understand that it's hard to win in today's NFL with Game Managers at QB. Let the Shanahans leave and have their "system" QB's and we'll keep our superstar and get a GM that will actually surround him with decent talent and a coach that will design an Offense based on the QB's stregths instead of his own ego.

Like Mike could not have told Dan no.

Oh the drama drama. Mike may be up for an Academy Award.

I wonder if Mike was smart enough to push all in on his Media and Entertainment Mutual Fund before the year started. Since it seems money for nothing seems a high priority to him. Ironic perhaps, after the Haynesworth Bonus Check Debacle.

is it me or this so called article/report has zero substance.  I mean what is next, an article that says. 

"reliable sources in Redskins park told us that RGIII goes to the bathroom without the knee brace on, against the wishes of Dan Synder who thinks Mike wants him to walk around without the knee brace, just to prove he is not 100%"

Mike wants to run, Kyle wants to pass. It is oil and vinegar, but everyone knew the tendencies of those 2. The risk of the offense becoming a hot mess started when those 2 walked into the room. If they cannot get an offense sorted out, there is no chance they can get a whole team sorted out. It's that simple.

Like Mike could not have told Dan no.

Oh the drama drama. Mike may be up for an Academy Award.

I wonder if Mike was smart enough to push all in on his Media and Entertainment Mutual Fund before the year started. Since it seems money for nothing seems a high priority to him. Ironic perhaps, after the Haynesworth Bonus Check Debacle.

No kidding. Mike gave Fat Al hell for collecting money and not producing. Now Mike is doing the same exact thing. Mike S. has lost all credibility in my book. Seriously what does he stand for? He is a thief and liar for sure. Dan should press charges against Mike for stealing money, and intentionally devaluing the franchise!

Preferential treatment is a crock btw...

Ronnie Lott often tells the story of how Fred Dean was allowed to come into the gym on mandatory work out days and do nothing other then smoke a cigarette and leave, when asked Fred said.."~I was thinking about working out but I figured I would smoke this cigarette till the feeling passed"

Jimmy Johnson cut a back-up player for falling asleep during a meeting. Years later he was asked what he would have done if Troy Aikman fell asleep during a meeting,"~(laughing)What woudl I do if Troy fell asleep in a meeting?  Well I would get him a pillow and make sure he was okay" Johnsn

that’s what I always told the team. I’m going to be very consistent—I’m going to treat every one of you differently.-Jimmy Johnson

Brett Favre told a senior NFL executive that he was very thankful that they allowed his father to attend closed practices.

The executive said to Favre "~(in an joking are you kidding me tone) even if your father was Charles Manson we would let him walk the sideline"

Mike wants to run, Kyle wants to pass. It is oil and vinegar, but everyone knew the tendencies of those 2. The risk of the offense becoming a hot mess started when those 2 walked into the room. If they cannot get an offense sorted out, there is no chance they can get a whole team sorted out. It's that simple.

It's elementary in hindsight now. Dan made what he thought was the best move for the franchise in his opinion. I kind of feel sorry for Mr. Snyder now. That hire my very well be his worst yet. :wacko:

Oldfan had them pegged from the day of the hire so he wins hands down.

But then nobody wins as we've all suffered.

Hail.

I miss OldFan.

It is the second gunman on the grassy knoll...

Mike S. was a hired hitman for George Bush? ;)

I hope the story is false. Honestly, Kyle is the only coach/coordinator I would welcome back next year.

I believe Kyle Shanahan is the best offensive coordinator we've had in a long time. To be fair, Kyle's play-calling has gone unnoticed as their is a serious problem with execution. At times, his dad can be blamed for the recent offensive blunders because of 4 years of neglecting the offensive line.

Santana Moss says leaks aren’t coming from the locker room

With so much dysfunction is the Washington Redskins’  (including this name) organization, lets add receiver Santana Moss throwing their incumbent coaching staff under bus to the mess. When asked where the leaks were coming from, Moss was very adamant that it wasn’t coming from the players. We’ve talked about it as a team, and since Coach Shanahan’s been here, we haven’t had that problem, so I don’t understand this year why there’s a problem with people getting our information that we hadn’t had a problem with,” Moss told LaVar Arrington and Chad Dukes of 106.7 The Fan in D.C. “I remember before we had a lot of those guys, and I don’t think we have a lot of those guys on the team no more. We clearly don’t have a lot of those old players on the team anymore, so it. . . .” “So it’s not players then,” Arrington said. “I don’t know where it’s coming from,” Moss said. “It can’t be players. Arrington goes onto ask if it’s coming from

Link:http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/santana_moss_says_leaks_arent_coming_from_the_locker_room/15281060

"There's reason to believe" - - WHY?

Kyle's role "may be" putting Shanahan in [a bad position] - HOW IS IT PUTTING HIM IN THIS POSITION?  Is the "may" just cover for pulling this idea out of the author's butt?

That there sums up ALL of the articles coming out in the press from all of these "leaks."  They are all filled with 100% speculation, no facts, no direct quotes from anyone other than "sources," and they leave more questions while giving no direct, factual answers.  Unfortunately, many posters, fans, and other media members eat them all up and feel that they now have their answers or proof about _________  (insert which ever name: Snyder, Mike, Kyle, Robert, that fits their agenda).  It is really sad and proves how low and ignorant our society as both media reporters and informed, intelligent readers has become.

Archived