Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lol, more leaks..NBCWashington:Kyle Shanahan May Be at Center of Redskins Coaching Drama

darrelgreenie

Welp, it wouldn't surprise me if something more comes out about RG3 and Dan if a lot more is about to come out. I'm just sitting back with my popcorn at hand. 

I have a strong feeling it has to do with Mike, Dan and RG3. From the way you worded your post, I think you are in for a big surprise.

Hail

I didn't think a new thread was needed for more leaks so I used this one. 

Look guys, our game plan is out now! So super cool of them to share... 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000296499/article/game-plan-indicates-washington-redskins-moving-forward-with-kirk-cousins-at-qb

How does one get our game plan? Shouldn't stuff like that be kind of hard to get? 

shanahan assembled a whole team of character guys that wouldnt go spouting off to the media and kept things in house.

except now he does it instead lol.  this has gotten so brutal, i know money is involved but im really surprised snyder hasnt stepped in and just done something.  i wouldnt consider that meddling, id consider it protecting his football team from more unnecessary embarrassment and drama.

looks like its official:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10118293/kirk-cousins-washington-redskins-start-place-robert-griffin-iii?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Hell yeah this is entertaining. It may not be entertaining in a way I want to be entertained, but everyone keeps waiting for the next leak, don't we?

*shrug*

I think we all just want this season/train wreck to come to a screeching halt.

Oldfan had them pegged from the day of the hire so he wins hands down.

But then nobody wins as we've all suffered.

Hail.

Yeah Oldfan and I probably had more debates on this subject than anyone or so he told me on a thread once.  I never embraced Shanny as a slam dunk great hire, but I did think he'd work out and did think we should give him the benefit of the doubt that he'd learn from his past failures in denver in terms of building a good defense.   Oldfan contended that Shanny would be a good offensive coordinator but is a mess with everything else and thus shouldn't be a head coach.  I was wrong, he was right. 

I personally though started criticizing shanny last year and he lost me completely at the beginning of this year. 

The best thing that can happen, is for Kirk to light the Falcons up on Sunday. If that happens, you have no choice but to get your popcorn ready.

Kirk should fair well the next 3 games. The next 3 opponents have terrible defenses. Mike S. is doing everything he can to make Dan fire him. Now he is trying to cause a QB controversy. 

Mike S. Could care less about Kirk's trade value. And he could care less about RG3s health right now. If he was worried then why did he let him play KC in the snow? But worries for his health in a dome (perfect weather). Mike S. is a clown running a circus.

No HoF for Shanny

The best thing that can happen, is for Kirk to light the Falcons up on Sunday. If that happens, you have no choice but to get your popcorn ready.

That's actually, for the long term health of the franchise, the WORST thing that can happen.

I mean, I'm all for Cousins being a solid NFL quarterback. I'm also all for winning games.

But, if it happens, we're taking a turn off of Nightmare Street and onto WHATTHE****DOWEDO Blvd.

A QB controversy on his way out is exactly what someone who is scorned would want. Stir the pot, hit the road, and leave the franchise in total disarray.

Shanahan should have been fired on Sunday. It would be the best for all parties involved, including him, to be honest. Keeping him here only stands to muddy the waters.

So let me get this straight. We have THE worst pass blocking line in the NFL. So to save the Quarterback we bench him for the backup. So riddle me this. Why on earth would zero of the lineman get benched as well. After admitting its due to the lines play and the sacks the Quarterback has taken we replace the one that is getting hit and not the ones that are causing it? Only in Washington.

That's actually, for the long term health of the franchise, the WORST thing that can happen.

No doubt. But I was talking as far as drama. If they are going to give us a show, that might as well give us the whole kit and caboodle. Like you said, this team is in the sports and entertainment business right now.

I have to laugh to keep from crying :(

So let me get this straight. We have THE worst pass blocking line in the NFL. So to save the Quarterback we bench him for the backup. So riddle me this. Why on earth would zero of the lineman get benched as well. After admitting its due to the lines play and the sacks the Quarterback has taken we replace the one that is getting hit and not the ones that are causing it? Only in Washington.

Let me add one more thing, what if Cousins gets injured?

KDawg, I think that is the worst thing that can happen. If Cousins gets injured... I don't even know what to think.

None of the starters have been announced yet. For all we know, the entire offensive line might be rotated out next game.

Anyone else think it may be RG3 himself leaking these things? Other players have taken issue with his comments, perhaps for good reason, they know he's the one creating all the drama.  He's always giving the media more attention than necessary.  He's now being "shut down" for the season.  Plus he's been given every opportunity to put all the drama to rest by saying he gets along fine with all the coaches and players and hasn't.

Shanahan never said it was the line's fault.  A QB getting hit too much can be the QB's fault (John Beck anyone?).  Could also be the RB's or TE's fault.  Could be the scheme's fault.

Also, Shanahan may think that he has a viable replacement in Cousins.  He may not think he has a viable replacement for his O-linemen.

To careful observers, Mike Shanahan’s end game should be painfully obvious. This is about Kyle’s career.  I think it was clear to him going into this season that the disconnect between Kyle and Griffin was serious enough of a rift that it had the potential to cost Kyle his job.  Winning was going to be the only thing that would fix that.

Now, it’s important to note that Griffin has not performed well throughout this season. He’s had some ups and a lot of downs. This isn’t a Griffin performance issue alone though. The Oline has been poor, receivers have been inconsistent, and the play-calling and game-planning has been maddening at times. It has all rolled together to give us our 3-10 season.  

Which brings us to now. The Shanahan camp is in full blown “deflect blame mode.” They are leaking information to the press that puts the organization in a bad light (culture created by Dan Snyder). That much has been apparent. What is coming now, and starts with him announcing Cousins as the starter, is part 2 of his act: Make Griffin look like the primary problem with the team.   

Let’s be perfectly clear, the benching of Griffin has nothing to do with his safety or his performance. If it was safety, why play him on the crappy FedEx rock/mud combo in the snow?  If it was performance, why not bench him weeks ago if you really feel Cousins is the guy you can win with?  LOOK AT THIS TIMING. You let Robert get killed by San Francisco and Kansas City, and you put Cousins in to play two of the WORST defenses in the league in Atlanta and Dallas. He’s setting Cousins up to look good, and in turn make Griffin look bad.

So what kind of game plan do you think we’ll see this week? Me, I expect to see a more consistent short and medium rhythm passing game that efficiently moves the ball down the field. You know, the kind that Griffin has run extremely well all year (the first drive vs the Giants being the most recent example).

I do expect Cousins to look good, but not in a way that is fundamentally different than how Griffin has looked when given the opportunity to run the same kind of offense. But the perception, with Griffin coming off of bad performances against two great defenses, is that Cousins is the better quarterback. This will lay the majority of the blame for this season squarely at Griffin’s feet, and exonerate Kyle Shanahan as a result.

If the perception is that Kyle did well when the owner allowed him to play the quarterback he wanted to, that will help him get his next job in the league. That’s what this whole fiasco has been about for the past 4 or 5 weeks after it was apparent the Redskins were going nowhere this year.

I agree. Cousins starting now is going to be good for Shanahan either way. If he comes in and flops, everyone can say he made the right choice in the first few weeks of the season starting Griffin. If he lights it up, he can say Cousins was his guy.

The gameplan will have to be different, which will help Cousins out. Quick rhythm throws are something Kirk is good at. (Make no mistake, I have no disdain for Kirk. Anyone who does in this whole ordeal needs to check themselves. Cousins isn't causing any of this, he's just a pawn like Griffin is.)

But if the OL fails now, Shanahan can still sit back and say, "cap penalty because our FO can't play by the rules". He really is in a good spot right now.

I still don't know who the leak is, but I have it narrowed down to two. (but I'm not a detective, so, I could be totally offbase, so I won't share who those two are in my mind.)

Archived