Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CW's "Arrow"

BRAVEONAWARPATH

So, when's Ollie and family gonna get their company back? Or at least get a job, or something?

Oh, and I liked the teaser for next week. Guess somebody's been feeding Slade.

Well they need Palmer to hurry his ass up and develop the ATOM suit. Then he can be nice and give it back to Ollie. It does make me wonder where he (Ollie) is getting all his new tech from. The Russian Mob? :D

And I believe Slade is definitely the big bad (again) in next week. Ironic that the present day will be set on the island and the flashback will be set in Starling City. 

I would like to see the show evolve to where Arrow was the only one with a bow. I get easily worn of "Land of the Archers."

Just wait til Thea takes up the Speedy mantle for real. 

I keed.

I would like to see the show evolve to where Arrow was the only one with a bow. I get easily worn of "Land of the Archers."

You don't like the power ranger archers? They got red, green, and black. Just need blue, yellow, and pink and they can make that whatever the big robot thingy is called.

I see no point in Arsenal having a bow. He never uses it, ever. The one time I can recall him doing so, he missed hitting one of those henchman who subsequently killed a hostage immediately afterwards. Just ditch the bow and get another weapon he won't use, so he can ignore it while he makes some acrobatic move and gets knocked on his ass.

Btw, how the hell did Thea think the basement was flooded all this time and NEVER went down there to check it out. In a club that she owned?! Who does that? Have you heard of mold, Thea? When she said that to Oliver, my wife and I looked at each other like "c'mon really?"

• 2 weeks later...

The entire "I have to save Thea's soul" thing was terrible. They had two birds eliminated with one stone.

The twist at the end with Ra's offer was nice..but I swear the writers are trying to make Oliver into Batman.

Also..can we get a consistent pronunciation of his name? Raysh..or Roz..or something? 

The twist at the end with Ra's offer was nice..but I swear the writers are trying to make Oliver into Batman.

They have since the beginning. Arrow was never a dark vigilante. He was a hippy Robin Hood. At least in the comics of my youth. This Arrow is nothing, but a Batman wannabe. Detective, gadgets, Batcave, haunted playboy, etc.

I like the series, but it is Batman with a quiver.

They have since the beginning. Arrow was never a dark vigilante. He was a hippy Robin Hood. At least in the comics of my youth. This Arrow is nothing, but a Batman wannabe. Detective, gadgets, Batcave, haunted playboy, etc.

I like the series, but it is Batman with a quiver.

Green Arrow got a lot darker as the years went on and I think that period (in part) is what this series is based on.

But yeah, they're definitely Batman elements...which the producers have admitted.

Green Arrow got a lot darker as the years went on and I think that period (in part) is what this series is based on.

But yeah, they're definitely Batman elements...which the producers have admitted.

I guess it makes sense to some extent. I mean it really is tough to design an archer superhero who never hurts anyone.  Arrows aren't as good at killing as bullets, but their certainly more deadly than a fist... well, not Superman's fist.  Guy bench presses planets, his finger flick is gonna splatter you, but shhh....

I'm not liking this season as much as the previous ones. There is too much focus on other characters, and I really need less Laurel and less Atom, the Iron Man wannabe. I'm still angry Felicity slept with that clown. 

Laurel catching an arrow between the eyes would go a long way to redeeming this season.

The problem I see with this show is how do you get bigger than the last two seasons? I mean at the end of both seasons you had massive battles with the entire city on the line, particularly last year where it was practically army vs. army. You can't really top that.

Or at least 3 way love scene with Thea, Laurel, and Talia. 

*boom chicka wow wow* 

Laurel is hot but man the things I'd do to Talia....mmmm

The episode where Thea and Oliver went to train showed how much the show misses Deathstroke (Manu Bennett).

I think the actor playing Ra's pales in comparison to how well Manu Bennett played that character. Plus, in season 1 we got the hood version of the Arrow and the Dark Archer was still fun. I think Merlyn has become too soft and well known to be a foil for Oliver anymore. 

They need a new bad guy to step up and be a good opponent AND have some personality. Something that Ra's hasn't come across as, yet. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived