Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some Love For Haslett

garyclarkforhall

I was pissed with the lack of press coverage too. But 0 2nd half TDs? Really? Against the 30th ranked D? Come on Kyle...

I agree with Reed getting held and Garcon should've made the catch. But Santana was out.

Will Kyle ever call a screen?

What the offense did or didn't do is irrelevant. Haslett is a bad defensive coordinator and his history along with what is happening currently this season supports that statement. This isn't an argument. He'd need YEARS of positive result to make it an argument and he's done nothing to merit the opportunity to do it here.

Luckily, for Jimmy, Shanahan doesn't seem interested in doing his job as team President. He'll be dragged down by this bum as we fans cringe and pray for miracles.

While the Defense has been absolute trash, I blame the O more honestly. This is a offensive league now, with rules in place to up the ppg for all teams. Our Offense cannot put together a full game to save their minds (minus the Chicago game)

To score 3 points early in the 3rd and go scoreless the remainder of the game is unacceptable. And praising 'so many' 3rd down conversions can be taken either way. It tells me we don't have big enough plays on 1st and 2nd down for one thing. It also       let's me know to expect crucial 3rd down fails. You cannot keep u 10-15 yard drives all game by converting 3rd down. It won't happen, and we saw that tonight going scoreless on our last 4 drives. 

Defense is horrendous. If not for them bailing Haslett out last week with an amazing goal line stand, this would be 2 weeks in a row they blew it with a lead. Playcalling was awful despite Peterson and Carlson being the only 2 really needing to be accounted for. Fire Haslett. Do it now. Should have been done in the offseason, even with the 7 game run.

While the Defense has been absolute trash, I blame the O more honestly. This is a offensive league now, with rules in place to up the ppg for all teams. Our Offense cannot put together a full game to save their minds (minus the Chicago game)

To score 3 points early in the 3rd and go scoreless the remainder of the game is unacceptable. And praising 'so many' 3rd down conversions can be taken either way. It tells me we don't have big enough plays on 1st and 2nd down for one thing. It also       let's me know to expect crucial 3rd down fails. You cannot keep u 10-15 yard drives all game by converting 3rd down. It won't happen, and we saw that tonight going scoreless on our last 4 drives. 

Even in the modern NFL you should not have to score 40 points every week to win.  That is ridiculous.  The defense is horrendous.  As much as the cap penalty has hurt this team, there is absolutely no reason they should be this bad.  Tonight did me in man.  I'm serious.  A 1 win team and they give up 34 points.  Unbelievable

I don't care what kind of league it  is, our defense is at the very bottom in yards and points allowed. Peyton Manning is about the only one who could overcome a lousy defense and win a Superbowl, and even then they had to step it up in playoffs to make it happen.

Defense is a big part of championships. Last year Ravens vs. 49ers for example. 

The offense put up enough points and gave the team a 13 point lead. A couple failed drives in the 2nd half shouldn't justify the defense blowing a 13 point lead and making Christian freaking Ponder look like he's Aaron Rodgers. This same D got shredded by McCown, a back up, but was bailed out by the O. This same D under Haslett blew the lead last week as well. 

Games like this take me back to when Shanahan took over and brought in Jim Haslett.

Shanahan took over a Skins team that consistently fielded top 15 (or better) defenses but struggled to score points.

The initial hope was that Shanahan would focus his efforts on rebuilding the offense which is his strength.

Instead Shanahan in all his wisdom decides to overhaul the defense and switch the entire scheme.

In Year 1 the excuse was 'Haslett doesn't have the players suited to his scheme'

Year 2 the excuse was 'Haslett needs time to incorporate the new players to his scheme and way of coaching'

Year 3 much of the blame went to the cap penalty hindering the Skin's ability to bring in top free agents and the injury to Brian Orakpo

Year 4 the excuse is still the cap penalty, facing offenses with quick throwing QB's and whatever else can be thought of

Year 5 already has a built in excuse - 'Well with the cap penalty over we brought in several new players and they need time to adjust'

How many years does Haslett get to turn around this defense?

For many seasons before Shanahan was hired the familiar refrain was 'If only we had an offense this team could be great'

Now with Shanahan it's mostly been 'If only we had a defense this team could be great' - and this year add special teams to the list of primary reasons this team cannot win consistently.

It's becoming harder and harder to rationalize keeping Haslett beyond this game, much less giving him another season.

Shouldn't there be SOME level of expectation beyond inheriting a better than average defense and turning it into one consistently at the bottom of the NFL 3 1/2 years into Haslett's regime?

I support anyone who wears the colors, but in terms of love.  Well, I'd love Haslett to be fired.  Not today, but at the end of the season.

I will admit if Haslett was fired today and they asked Fletcher to retire and immediately step in as the interim DC I would think about it.  I don't think I'd give the job to Morris although the rook has made strides this season and Hall has found his way again.  I had such high hopes in September.  Guess that's why I'm so devestated this season.

Generally, I'm on the positive side of things.  Right now, I don't feel it at all.

Here's some Haslett love from NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000278190/article/what-we-learned-defense-holding-redskins-back

In the driver's seat with a 27-14 lead early in the third quarter, the Redskins rolled over for four second-half scoring drives directed by a pair of quarterbacks banished to the bench in favor of Josh Freeman three weeks ago. They managed to stop the Vikings on just two drives all night.

An epitaph on a dismal, embarrassing stint as Redskins DC.

Farewell, I hope you find a coaching gig in the NFCE.

HTTR

I support anyone who wears the colors, but in terms of love.  Well, I'd love Haslett to be fired.  Not today, but at the end of the season.

I will admit if Haslett was fired today and they asked Fletcher to retire and immediately step in as the interim DC I would think about it.  I don't think I'd give the job to Morris although the rook has made strides this season and Hall has found his way again.  I had such high hopes in September.  Guess that's why I'm so devestated this season.

Generally, I'm on the positive side of things.  Right now, I don't feel it at all.

Today, like right now, would not be soon enough for me.

If Haslett is here next year, there should be a governmental intervention and possible conspiracy charges brough against Mike.

The season is over, no damage would be done in removing Haslett today; put whoever as interim DC and play out the season.

If I were Snyder, I would have the entire team on the roof of Redskin Park with a dozen eggs each, and as Haslett walked out with his personal belongings in a box with a pink slip, pummel him with Eggland's Best.

The defense crumbles at any sign of momentum shift. 

a more truer statement could not have been typed.  The fact is they are USUALLY the cause of the momentum shift.  They don't adjust, and by the time they do adjust they waited too long to adjust.  

I'm convinced that a toddler with a crayon and a blank piece of paper could draw up a play that would find somebody open against this defense.  

I enjoy the weekly "It's the Offense's fault; It's the Defenses fault debate."

It's the Less Filling/Tastes Great of the new millenium.  If only we could get Bubba Smith and Mickey Spillane involved. Granted, they are dead...but still...get them involved.

Is everyone from those commercials dead now? I'm depressed all of a sudden. (Madden and Ueker are still around, right? Can someone check their health for me?)

Archived