Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Espn Article: Robert Griffin Iii Tries To Draw Flags

StephenDavis

He's still getting use to being told to slide or get out of bounds. I don't think it was a dumb, confussed or mind game comment. I think its just him still wrapping his head around it.

If I'm a D getting 15 yards everytime I push him out of bounds then the logical solution is to blow him up for the same 15 and I'm sure he will go out of bounds 5 yards earlier.

Yeah, I thought about it for a second, but I honestly have no clue how to defend him here?

stole the words out of my mouth.

Too much honesty.

Our whole team is suffering from that right now with the ST issue comments as well

If I'm a defender and I have RG3 lined up for a hit near the sideline - especially early in the game when a 15 yd penalty might not hurt as much - I'm going to go for the kill shot. It would be worth the penalty and possibly a fine to take his athleticism out of a game.

Now, as a Redskins fan, I obviously don't want to see this happen. But with his constant talking, I can't help but think there's a lot of people who wouldn't mind seeing it happen.

I think he's in the midst of a serious sophomore slump... on and off the field. And, as a fan of more traditional, drop-back passers, I feel a twinge of jealousy every time I see highlights of Andrew Luck.

Yeah...and get thrown out of the game and probably suspended.

No team is that stupid. He isn't the only QB that does that.

I guess the funny part about this is the way the media has gone out of their way to report absolutely anything negative they can dredge up on the Redskins this year. Nearly every article on PFT that pertains to the team is something negative.

That's bc there's been nothing positive to report all year. I wish RG3 would just shut up for a few weeks and win some damn games. I've been annoyed all season hearing him all over the news.

That's bc there's been nothing positive to report all year. I wish RG3 would just shut up for a few weeks and win some damn games. I've been annoyed all season hearing him all over the news.

Problem is if he stops talking altogether they will say he is Big Timing the media and really start tearing into him. The only real solution is to win games and look good doing it.

The only possible benefit I can foresee from making this public statement.... is to get defensive players to ease up along the sidelines knowing that he`s intentionally trying to draw a penalty. So perhaps he benefits from it personally.... so he can stop taking unnecessary shots while running out of bounds. He does mention in the article that he doesn`t seem to enjoy them much either.

With that being said... with the way this offense is playing.... 15 yards is huge on any drive. It`ll at least get us within field goal range before the offensive line holds or false starts and the team attempts a field goal.

I think you all are giving Griffin TOO much credit for supposedly playing "mind games."  I don't buy it.  If anything, a ref might be hesitant to throw a flag b/c he just came out and admitted that he's trying to draw penalties.  It's like a hockey player saying they dive, or a b-ball player saying they flop...the refs will have a real hard time deciding if certain infractions are penalty or foul worthy.  He should have kept his mouth shut. 

Nah, part of the game within the game.. Robert slowed up last year to take hits on the boundary as well, nothing new. He was asked a question, he answered the question honestly like he always does.

Maybe..Just maybe it gets in a defenders head and he slows up too early then Robert gets the corner. People need to just chill. 

I really don't care unless he gets himself hurt, and if a guy hits him hard enough to hurt him near the sidelines, he was going to hit him regardless of anyone goading him.

He probably should keep his mouth shut about it.

~Bang

Most of the stuff RG3 says gets blown out of proportion for no reason. Not in this case. What the heck was he thinking? Robert needs to Belicheck it. 

Naw, then idiots would criticize him for not answering anyone's questions. There will always be people that didn't like Robert from day 1 ,waiting for anything they can sink their teeth into.  Just read or listen and laugh while they get mad and blow their top.

IMHO, just no need to state the obvious here.  I do not see the upside, and only see potential issues....if nothing else media churn as talking heads "react" to this statement.

While I am onboard that Robert is a pretty smart fella....he is still young, and not everything he says is well advised or necessary.

What's the problem really other him saying what should be every player's intention? The sideline is every player's best friend, not just the quarterback's.

Another pie in the face reaction.

Quarterbacks get more of a benefit from the refs.  Robert is going to get smoked in the next game or two on the sideline now and he's not going to get the flag... just to show him exactly what's up.  Five-star lock it.

He reminds me of Ned Stark from Game of Thrones. He's a great guy that we all love, but he really doesn't know the politics of the NFL.

He reminds me of Ned Stark from Game of Thrones. He's a great guy that we all love, but he really doesn't know the politics of the NFL.

Oh man... That's inviting some bad karma for sure! Couldn't deal with another star being stolen from us by some kid's rash and terrible decision... Am I right?!

A few things...my previous criticism of RG has often revolved around him showing some selfishness or insubordination. This is neither of those. This is just kind of dumb.

RG is absolutely intelligent. I would think highly so. But highly intelligent people aren't always highly self aware people.

Why would he say this?  Not surprised....he runs his mouth a little too much. 

A little? I have really tried to stay neutral in the debate of Robert's questionable media antics, but this is beyond ridiculous. I know that there will be some that disagree with me, though I can't fathom how they could, but it is time for someone in the organization to figuratively punch this egomaniac in the mouth. Enough is enough, and he is serving no purpose other to make himself a target by both defensive players and officials. This was nothing short of stupid.

Naw, then idiots would criticize him for not answering anyone's questions. There will always be people that didn't like Robert from day 1 ,waiting for anything they can sink their teeth into.  Just read or listen and laugh while they get mad and blow their top.

I agree with you.  He hasn't said anything to date to misrepresent or embarrass the Redskins franchise so I don't understand why some get so worked up over the things he says. Then again, I have noticed the media baiting reactionary people to clink on these pointless articles, so at the end of the day ESPN/NFLN are doing there jobs. 

A little? I have really tried to stay neutral in the debate of Robert's questionable media antics, but this is beyond ridiculous. I know that there will be some that disagree with me, though I can't fathom how they could, but it is time for someone in the organization to figuratively punch this egomaniac in the mouth. Enough is enough, and he is serving no purpose other to make himself a target by both defensive players and officials. This was nothing short of stupid.[/size]

Please explain how he's an egomaniac? I mean I agree he probably shouldn't have said it but seriously how is he an egomaniac?

Archived