Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Espn Article: Robert Griffin Iii Tries To Draw Flags

StephenDavis

Griffin can't get carried away. There are plenty of people listening to every little thing he says, and they will jump on opportunities like this.

I'm hoping Rob ends up like Aaron Rodgers. A very confident QB that puts up numbers to back it up. And coincidentally, I have always said that Griffin is like a faster version of Rodgers going back to that years draft thread.

Before anyone dismisses that idea, in college, Griffin ran on the same percentage of passing plays as Rodgers ran in the NFL. They both have great deep passes, too, although Griffin needs better chemistry with his WR's like he had in college. Also, the spread offense Griffin ran in college is similar to the offense Rodgers runs in Green Bay now(I actually wish we ran more spread here). They also both seem to have this blunt side to them where they aren't always pc. A lot of people were/are put off by Rodgers, too.

Um, there is no hate in that at all !  Maybe to someone who is narrow-minded and one-sided would see some form of hate, but

to the average person there is no hate implied in any way; unless it refers to the media, then guilty as charged.

Hec, I have no idea; if I get a paper cut its a crisis ! :P

All we can do is go by what he and his doctor says; if he truly is NOT 100% physically healed, then he has no business being on the field, IMO.

Narrow minded? Lol.. Have you seen the comments in here over nothing? People throwing around negative buzz words like it's their job.comments like punching him in the mouth, egomaniac, selfish etc.. comedy.

Your other comments are crazy as well.There is no ego growing, he will not be sat down, he's not creating static, and he is healthy mentally & physically.

skins island connection quoted;

He needs to learn that anything and everything he says will be quoted or typed and most likely mis-worded, creating static in the organization. He's an important piece to the team, but he is not THE team, and if the ego grows while his performance doesn't, there will be changes in that position.

He just needs to learn to choose his words more wisely and instead of talking a good game start playing a good game."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Narrow minded? Lol.. Have you seen the comments in here over nothing? People throwing around negative buzz words like it's their job.comments like punching him in the mouth, egomaniac, selfish etc.. comedy.

Your other comments are crazy as well.There is no ego growing, he will not be sat down, he's not creating static, and he is healthy mentally & physically.

C'mon man, every single person on the face of the earth has an ego to one degree or another. You've mis-understood/assumed my intention was negative. There's nothing wrong with him having an ego, as long as it doesn't over-shadow performance.

If he doesn't improve and the season is awash, it would be in his better interest to sit to keep from risking injury, strictly IMO.

After reading your reply, i've come to the conclusion that you either didn't fully read my post, or don't understand it; you are speaking singular words, just like the media does. The word 'static', if you care to look, was used in a tense form, which also states that "most likely", which means quite possibly, that his words can and will be used, just as you are doing in my post, in bits and pieces, not fully comprehending the entire sentence.

Geez, I feel like an english teacher.

He's not healthy physically and mentally; he's nowhere near last year's RGIII and you know it. He might be physically healed, which another poster kindly replied in question regarding the time it takes to fully heal, and was understood and replied to in a nice way, hopefully.

Mentally, no. Period.  He's getting there, but no way on god's green earth; look at his footwork, he has happy feet right now, though not a bad case, he is skittish in the pocket, and its understandable.

Some people...

Every QB in the NFL has a huge ego. Especially the stars. The ones that don't probably suck.

RG has a huge ego, which puts him in the same class as Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, etc... I don't have an issue with athletes with big egos.

But to dismiss all RG has said since the injury and blame it on overreaction and media spin is very flippant IMO. The dude is smart as a whip, but very loosed lipped when a keyboard or mic is in front of him.

I don't get it ... we wanted a franchise QB like forever ...now we have one we apparently cannot let an article pass without getting panties in a knot and pass judgment on him like some bitter ex girlfriend  boyfriend ...

You don't like what he says in the media - then stop reading the articles ...

You want the kid to shut up and play ... then let him shut up and let him play ...

Remember the good old days when your stars were like John Riggins who essentially went off hunting one day and just said **** it i am getting drunk and didn't turn up for the entire 1980 season - He had a HUGE Ego - yet he is seen as an all time great ...

Just saying  - the kid is a football player... A FOOTBALL player , in one of the most media intense football towns in America ... don't agree with what he says - dont like what your hearing  .... maybe you should stop listening ... just watch him play ball ..

skins island connection quoted;

He needs to learn that anything and everything he says will be quoted or typed and most likely mis-worded, creating static in the organization. He's an important piece to the team, but he is not THE team, and if the ego grows while his performance doesn't, there will be changes in that position.

He just needs to learn to choose his words more wisely and instead of talking a good game start playing a good game."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

C'mon man, every single person on the face of the earth has an ego to one degree or another. You've mis-understood/assumed my intention was negative. There's nothing wrong with him having an ego, as long as it doesn't over-shadow performance.

If he doesn't improve and the season is awash, it would be in his better interest to sit to keep from risking injury, strictly IMO.

After reading your reply, i've come to the conclusion that you either didn't fully read my post, or don't understand it; you are speaking singular words, just like the media does. The word 'static', if you care to look, was used in a tense form, which also states that "most likely", which means quite possibly, that his words can and will be used, just as you are doing in my post, in bits and pieces, not fully comprehending the entire sentence.

Geez, I feel like an english teacher.

He's not healthy physically and mentally; he's nowhere near last year's RGIII and you know it. He might be physically healed, which another poster kindly replied in question regarding the time it takes to fully heal, and was understood and replied to in a nice way, hopefully.

Mentally, no. Period.  He's getting there, but no way on god's green earth; look at his footwork, he has happy feet right now, though not a bad case, he is skittish in the pocket, and its understandable.

Some people...

Stand by my original reply.

Like I said, he is healthy & fine mentally. Rob has always had Inconsistent footwork as far back as Baylor. Is it ideal for it to continue? No, but that's the byproduct of spending 7 months trying to get healthy to play instead of using that time to Iimprove. Skittish in the pocket, yeah not so much anymore, was moving fine vs Dallas.

I don't get it ... we wanted a franchise QB like forever ...now we have one we apparently cannot let an article pass without getting panties in a knot and pass judgment on him like some bitter ex girlfriend  boyfriend ...

You want the kid to shut up and play ... then let him shut up and let him play ...

Remember the good old days when your stars were like John Riggins who essentially went off hunting one day and just said **** it i am getting drunk and didn't turn up for the entire 1980 season - He had a HUGE Ego - yet he is seen as an all time great ...

Just saying  - the kid is a football player... A FOOTBALL player , in one of the most media intense football towns in America ... don't agree with what he says - dont like what your hearing  .... maybe you should stop listening ... just watch him play ball ..

Great post !!!!!!!!!

Last year when the team was winning games, everybody wanted to hear from Robert. 

Now fans **** when a Subway commercial comes on.

But this  the same Robert as we had last year, in regards to how he speaks to the press, how and what he says is still the same.

And to my knowledge he has not said anything that has been or could be remotely construed as detrimental to the team and their performance.

To date the only thing his words have done is rile up some fans and give the media some material to write or talk about.

Personally, I would much rather hear what Robert says, then listen to all the bull**** about the Redskin name.

Great post and I couldn't agree more.. Some of the comments in this thread are unreal and sound like they're coming from people who didn't want Rob in the first place. It's a disappointment because I thought we had better fans than this. 

Now, Robert is trying to clarify what he meant when he spoke about the drawing of flags:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/10/18/griffin-clarifies-comments-about-trying-to-draw-penalties/?wprss=rss_redskins-page-shell&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&clsrd

“Some people think I’m aiming to draw penalties and that’s not what I said,” Griffin told the Web site. “I was asked about the hits on the sideline and the guys not being afraid to take the 15 yards for unnecessary roughness.

“Some guys will take the penalty and some won’t take the penalty. You’ve got to use the sideline as your friend. I’m not using the sideline to try and get penalties.”

Nice post!

Yeah .. this thread is a reminder of why I have spent very little time on this board the last two months! This is no longer a fun place to be. I understand that we are losing, but the constant negativity and harping about the "lost season" is draining! We are 1-4, with 11 games still ahead of us for pete's sake. Lighten up, francis!

We have one of the most promising QBs that almost every team in the league would love to take off of our hands, coming off major knee surgery, showing signs of returning to last season's form, and more than half of the posters on this board have already moved on and spend most of their time discussing the end of his career! It's just mindless and infuriating! They're like people who get addicted to emotional abuse. I don't even understand why, if they hate this team, its players, and the coaches so much, they would continue to follow this team! I honestly wish they would find another passion. I'm tired of them pissing on the cornflakes.

Right on, TD Riggo.  Been a fan since I was 6, and it won't stop now, believe me. 

But critique is what we do here, and so far this season, we're having "issues" because of what we all saw last season: playoffs.

I'm hoping RGIII returns to last season's form.  I would presume we all are.  But that'll never stop ES from hashing out what we saw, thought we saw, or wanted to see. 

We're all just a little crazy right now...winning makes us alot crazy, and you know this~ :lol:

Hail!

I can understand why some people are upset at the critics on this site. After all, we are directly responsible for the 1-4 start. We need to start pointing fingers at the fans and not the coaches and players.

The fans may not be the problem but they were completely foolish believing he would step right back out there without any off-season work and be the player he was last year immediately, 8 months after complete knee reconstruction no less.   

The fans may not be the problem but they were completely foolish believing he would step right back out there without any off-season work and be the player he was last year immediately, 8 months after complete knee reconstruction no less.   

I haven't seen many people that suggested he would. A few fools maybe.

.. and had major reconstructive on one knee and an invasive "tune up" on the other. Anyone who thought he'd immediately return to 2012 form in week one or two is a moron. Add to that, we have (1) rookies at defensive back who are still finding their way, and (2) we have a new special teams coach who has a different philosophy after 8 years of Danny Smith.

Archived