Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Espn Article: Robert Griffin Iii Tries To Draw Flags

StephenDavis

The fans may not be the problem but they were completely foolish believing he would step right back out there without any off-season work and be the player he was last year immediately, 8 months after complete knee reconstruction no less.   

I don't blame the fans for thinking he'd be 100% - but I DO blame the team for thinking so.

I can understand why some people are upset at the critics on this site. After all, we are directly responsible for the 1-4 start. We need to start pointing fingers at the fans and not the coaches and players.

I know you think that's a snappy retort, but none of us are saying that the coaches and players are not at fault!  We ARE saying that anyone whom is here after 5 games bashing RG3 as "a bust" and the like is a moron to have expected him to be 100% (or even 85%) back at what he was in the playoff game! Part of it was physical rehabilitation and getting used to "live bullets" and game speed again, and he is just getting to the end of that right now. The other MAJOR aspect of his rehab is the mental part. I wouldn't expect him to be past that just yet.

I don't blame the fans for thinking he'd be 100% - but I DO blame the team for thinking so.

I don't think "the team" had made any solid bets on him being 100%. They're not that dumb. And they never said as much. Somehow though, I suspect that you may be eluding to "we should have started Cousins instead," which would have been even more foolish. RG3 needs/needed to start all of the games, win OR lose. Cousins is a fine QB and will probably start somewhere someday, but RG3 is our starting QB and barring another injury, he was ALWAYS going to start.

I know you think that's a snappy retort, but none of us are saying that the coaches and players are not at fault!  We ARE saying that anyone whom is here after 5 games bashing RG3 as "a bust" and the like is a moron to have expected him to be 100% (or even 85%) back at what he was in the playoff game! Part of it was physical rehabilitation and getting used to "live bullets" and game speed again, and he is just getting to the end of that right now. The other MAJOR aspect of his rehab is the mental part. I wouldn't expect him to be past that just yet.

Again. How many people do you actually see calling him a bust? How many do you actually see saying they expected him to be 100% at this point? Find those for me and then we'll talk and if you do find them rest assured it's in the minority that think so.

This thread WAS about him saying something that he shouldn't of said because it draws unnecessary attention to himself. If you don't want to see it that way that's fine. I don't like that he said it. Why is that a problem?

Are we not to say such things because the players and coaches read it and it affects the way they perform? Think about that for a second.

I haven't seen many people that suggested he would. A few fools maybe.

We have quite a few on this board alone who think he's just a flash in the pan.  I'm floored by the posters who suddenly think he sucks and everything he did last year was part of some gimmick.  Whether he was 100% or not at the start of the season there was always a chance this season could be a throw away due to the injury suffered in the playoffs and that appears to be the case.  I understand he should keep some things close to the vest but he hasn't done anything remotely negative.  He will recover, we will be fine and this franchise has a bright future.

We have quite a few on this board alone who think he's just a flash in the pan. I'm floored by the posters who suddenly think he sucks and everything he did last year was part of some gimmick. Whether he was 100% or not at the start of the season there was always a chance this season could be a throw away due to the injury suffered in the playoffs and that appears to be the case. I understand he should keep some things close to the vest but he hasn't done anything remotely negative. He will recover, we will be fine and this franchise has a bright future.

So what if some of them think he may be a flash in the pan. Why does that bother the likes of you as much as it does? Who the hell are they hurting?

1-4 definitely brings out the best and worst in some people.  No question, that is the majority of the problem.  People are irritated that the season has not panned out, so the finger pointing begins.  Every little thing gets blown out of proportion from a fan base that is rapidly losing faith and patience. 

I do agree that Robert would probably do well to say less.  Been saying that for a while. 

Again. How many people do you actually see calling him a bust?

Quite a few actually. It's the reason I don't spend a lot of time on this board lately. I see him called anything from "a bust" to the worst of last year's top draft picks to people actually saying they wish we still had that #2 pick from last year. It's all over this board if you just look.

Quite a few actually. It's the reason I don't spend a lot of time on this board lately. I see him called anything from "a bust" to the worst of last year's top draft picks to people actually saying they wish we still had that #2 pick from last year. It's all over this board if you just look.

Then it shouldn't be hard for you to find a quote.

I haven't seen one Redskins fan call him a bust on this board. Or really anything you're claiming.

Quote it man; if it's all over, it shouldn't be hard.

Bottom line is that any criticism of RG on or off the field gets interpreted as "hating" or being ungrateful.

I love RG. Love what he did for this franchise last year. I support his recovery effort and admit to bring foolish expecting him to be full bore week one. He is not playing well right now, but I think he will eventually be fine. I'll be sporting his jersey tomorrow and rooting him on.

AND I think he is been absurdly chatty, somewhat self centered, and a tad insubordinate since his injury.

If you interpret those two paragraphs as me thinking he's a bust, well, then, ok.

I haven't seen anyone calling him a bust either.  It's odd you can't openly criticize him yet still like him.  Can he be our franchise QB for 10 years?  Yes.  Is he skilled enough to lead us to the Super Bowl?  Yes.  Does he deserve some criticism this year?  Hell yes.

Come on man. Find those "bust" quotes. All "quite a few of them."

Come on man. Find those "bust" quotes. All "quite a few of them."

I'm too lazy to search and cut and paste quotes. So, because I'm lazy, call me a liar if you want. It doesn't bother me. The bottom line is that I am sick of the negativity on this board. And yes, I have read plenty of "did we waste a pick" / "I hope he pans out" comments on this board. I know that losing a lot to start out the season makes everyone angry, including me. And I don't have a problem with people criticizing ANY player (or coach) on this team, including 10. But I think that a lot of it has just been downright nasty considering that Griff is coming back from a pretty major surgery.

I really wish people would LISTEN to his entire press conference. Listen to the question and the context of his statement. He was simply saying that he knows defenders are gunning for him when he runs,So now he has to do different techniques to bring awareness to them and also to get them to stop hitting him out of bounds. And all he did was describe the funny exchange with Rasheen Mathis where Rasheen said " I'm not taking that penalty Griff" . It was funny He wasn't saying that he baits defenders on the field.

Archived