Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our Defense Is Built To Stop Elite (Broncos) Offenses

truskinsfan18

As I read this thread's title, I almost choked on my beer laughing.  Just watching this dullass and bronco game, and seeing how the QB's are lighting up the opponent's defenses tends to tell me that our D will be in for a long day in both games. 

Our hope is that RGIII and our offense can put points on the board.....and that our front can generate consistent pressure on Romo sits to pee and Manning.  No QB's like pressure...but you can't just let Manning sit back with time and pick you apart....same for Romo sits to pee.  Bryant is going to be a mismatch due to size, but Dhall did play him will last season. 

I would like to think that our D can be stout vs these teams....but nothing really has given me this faith thusfar this season. 

I "HOPE" that we will beat the Broncos... but seriously... Peyton is gonna break records when they play us... Hell Noshow will probably have a career day.

OP-
No. Our defense is not built to stop Manning.
It would be super ugly if we played the Broncos.

Heh, our defense with Haslett isnt built to stop anyone at the moment.

I will say this, I do miss the days of decent NFL defenses.  I'm not sure I much care for these 51 to 48 type of games, what the NFL has become.  Anytime your team allows 500 yards passing and 48 points you are supposed to lose. 

How could Denver's defense possibly be happy with anything about today's game despite the win?

Lol, poor Romo sits to pee. 

He goes buck wild all day, has a career game throwing for a gazillion yards but STILL throws a momentum killing interception at the end which causes his team to lose. 

I was thinking the same thing.  Even when Parcell's coached him he proved he cannot win the big games.  He chokes somehow and in this game just threw the inevitable INT. 

look guy, in as big a skins fan as there is, but that theory is just ludicrous. Its gonna be a bloodbath, pass rush wont be a factor.. manning and his quick passes are gonna destroy hazbeen's 10 yard cushion defense.

In fact, Denver wont have to do anything to negate the pass rush, hazbeen will do it for them by playing a mile off the ball and giving up epic amounts of yards. Better defenses than ours have been absolutely obliterated by them.. I see ours doing worse.

In theory, our players are built to tackle. 

Hell, I know fans are allowed to look ahead, but I'm not sure why the OP is bringing this up when the D has to face Dallas next week. Dez Bryant is going to destroy our secondary and we'll need to score at least 35 to win next week. I think we can, btw, but the offense better improve over the bye week because Dallas is going to murder our D. 

I will say this, I do miss the days of decent NFL defenses.  I'm not sure I much care for these 51 to 48 type of games, what the NFL has become.  Anytime your team allows 500 yards passing and 48 points you are supposed to lose. 

How could Denver's defense possibly be happy with anything about today's game despite the win?

maybe because they know that the offense is too good to be stopped, and they are 5-0 and manning is more clutch than Tony "OH NO" Romo sits to pee? lol

also, in theory, this defense cant even stop my mother.

We are top 5 in sacks. I'm curious how we are doing in qb pressures, but I'm sure we're up there.

The one way to stop Peyton is to get pressure on him. Teams haven't been able to do that this year. I am betting we can fluster him.

Getting pressure on Manning won't mean anything if you can't rough his WRs up. That's how the Patriots teams messed him up so bad in the past. If our DBs continue to play off and give free release at the LOS, Manning will eat us alive

We had a better chance of beating the Pats in 2007 than we'll have against Denver in a few weeks. Back then, we had a physical secondary that could at least bully the other teams' WRs. I still have no clue what GW was thinking about with that soft ass gameplan. Anyway, my main hope is that Denver doesn't drop more than 50 points on us. 

Yes, we do put a lot of pressure on the QBs. The thing w Manning however is that he gets rid of the ball at an avg of 2.3 seconds. He loves to throw those quick slants and bubble screens to Thomas and Welker, and w the 10 yard cushion Haslett loves to give, Manning is gonna have another field day.

I get what you mean OP.  Lot of harsh responses.  I get it:  you're not saying, but ... you're just saying.

So yes, I agree.  It's nothing new, this idea of rushing Brady and Manning, and it can work.  Gives you a better chance than letting him sit back and play the field, however, that's a bit of a misconception with Manning, because (as pointed out in the thread) he gets the ball out FAST.

A lot of teams have tried mega-pressuring Manning.  One thing me MIGHT have (I have a really hard time giving Has credit for anything, I'm so ****ing over it....) is the tricky looks we give pre-snap.  The idea isn't to fool Manning (not likely) but to make him unsure, and force him to use one more second to make a decision.  Get guys like Kerrigan and Jackson in short passing lanes and have them swat away.  "Give" a passing lane to Manning for a second, then have someone swoop in and swat/take it.  That's what Has likes, ball hawking and so forth.  It's such a ridiculous bend but don't break, and such a sacrifice of other aspects of defense that it's made us downright embarrassing.  They're just going to have to do it right for 60 minutes that day, and maybe we give up only a couple long TDs.

This defense is MAYBE built to beat Blaine Gabbert.  We're putrid.  With that said, we can get better, but let's not be unrealistic.

Let's not be too harsh now, they did hold one team to 7 offensive points.

We're not built to handle Denver. We're built to rattle the timing of slow, inexperienced QBs. So...very few teams. Did you see how San Francisco's man coverage obliterated the Texans tonight? That's the kind of defense that can combat the Broncos. We're the exact opposite.

Archived