Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our Defense Is Built To Stop Elite (Broncos) Offenses

truskinsfan18

Lol @ OP.

Lets not get carried away. Today was nice but we gave up 40+ to a Backup QB and barely survived by scoring 45 on a crippled defense. The Broncos are going to eat us alive on both side of the ball.

bull, Matt forte and Devin hester did that. The problem is that Denver does have a running game. Still, we played well against Dallas sans ST, and Dallas should have beat Denver. It's not unreasonable to see us winning this.

The one spot I feel our defense really stands a change to make a difference is Manning's inability to really make plays with his legs if the play breaks down. He's good at moving in the pocket, but he's not going to make a habit of running for positive yardage if our coverage holds up; been that way for years. Really, we have to start hitting him, otherwise it's going to be another game just like today.

Yeah, we heard the same thing with Romo sits to pee. :rolleyes:

He and Dez Bryant were going to torch the Redskins.

They didn't. Romo sits to pee had about 150 yards passing. Bryant had about 30 yards receiving.

Any given Sunday. :)

Agreed any given Sunday and Romo sits to pee ain't Manning on any Sunday.

Agreed any given Sunday and Romo sits to pee ain't Manning on any Sunday.

For some reason, Romo sits to pee and Eli are like the only 2 QB's that Haslett can look halfway competent gameplanning against. Everyone else, and its the running of the bulls. Pandemonium everywhere. He absolutely sucks at making adjustments. Peyton thrives off of making adjustments. You show him one look, you may get him once, but he will come right back and carve you up. Get him down for a few series, and eventually he figures out what you're doing and gets started on open heart surgery.

Going off of the 50+ games we've seen Haslett coach now, I'l say that if the D does have some success, it will be because the offense is humming, extending drives, and they are executing the hell out of Has' defensive calls. Even if they do play well enough, if the O reverts back to scoring 3-7 pts in a half, this game will  get ugly... fast. All 3 phases have to play very well, and they have yet to show that they can do that, 7-8 weeks into the season.

Uh......it's called being a diehard redskins fan and believing in the team every Sunday....? Ever heard of that?

This defense couldn't stop a backup QB at home, I'm supposed to believe they're gonna stop Peyton in Denver? I'll believe it when I see it.

For some reason, Romo sits to pee and Eli are like the only 2 QB's that Haslett can look halfway competent gameplanning against. Everyone else, and its the running of the bulls. Pandemonium everywhere. He absolutely sucks at making adjustments. Peyton thrives off of making adjustments. You show him one look, you may get him once, but he will come right back and carve you up. Get him down for a few series, and eventually he figures out what you're doing and gets started on open heart surgery.

Going off of the 50+ games we've seen Haslett coach now, I'l say that if the D does have some success, it will be because the offense is humming, extending drives, and they are executing the hell out of Has' defensive calls. Even if they do play well enough, if the O reverts back to scoring 3-7 pts in a half, this game will  get ugly... fast. All 3 phases have to play very well, and they have yet to show that they can do that, 7-8 weeks into the season.

Haha Haslett is the Rod Gardner of coaching. The easy stuff is difficult and vice versa.

I would love to get a Win against PM. Maybe if we stay in man coverages, then who knows.

Lol really give me a break. IM a diehard, but IM also not blind. You my friend must have been blind the last 6 weeks.

I haven't been blind. I'm a diehard skins fan, been one since 2005. And I always believe that my team will win any game, on any side of the football.

This defense couldn't stop a backup QB at home, I'm supposed to believe they're gonna stop Peyton in Denver? I'll believe it when I see it.

But the offense was still able to pull out a win when it mattered. The offense always faught back with a TD or a FG of their own. That is why we won today.

I haven't been blind. I'm a diehard skins fan, been one since 2005. And I always believe that my team will win any game, on any side of the football.

Okay well that explains it, your a younger fan. I'll give you another 10 years of redskin football and you'll understand what IM saying.

The key is and has been for Manning's career...pressure.  The Colts really exposed that weak OLine and played awesome man coverage.  We have the OLBs to generate some pressure, but do we have the corners to blanket their WRs?  Julius Thomas?  I think our offense can put up points against them...I'm hoping it's a fun shootout like todays Bears game and we make a big play at the end to win it

Archived