Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our Defense Is Built To Stop Elite (Broncos) Offenses

truskinsfan18

If we play zone against Manning we will lose. His receivers clearly don't like physicality. Which is good for them cause outside of Hall we have a bunch of scrubs that can't tackle or stay with anyone.. Only hope is Merriweather knocks like 2/3 denver receivers out of the game :/ 

The last time we played Peyton, he looked confused (for him). And remember hasletts defense has been somewhat successful against Brady, Rodgers, Romo sits to pee. The redskins defense is bad because its inconsistent, not because it is always out schemed or outmatched. You'd have to have some kind of gambling problem to actually predict with confidence that we will stop the broncos, but its possible and wouldn't be shocking to hold them around 30.

My biggest worry is Julius Thomas. There's not a guy on our team who can cover him. Maybe good-day deangelo but presumably he's on demaryius.

We ain't gonna stop Denver. We gotta outlast them. A shootout with a couple turnovers, and we're in the game.

I know our D is garbage. But (in case you haven't been looking), Griff and the gang are getting the motor running. When those guys get it going, there isn't anyone out there we can't beat. Nobody.

And you know Shanny will be extra excited to put on a show for Elway in the booth. I'm pissed that Denver lost tonight, because I was gonna take the points next week. For a lot.

Fret not Skins fellows, we are back on the train. We just don't know it yet. :)

Lol really give me a break. IM a diehard, but IM also not blind. You my friend must have been blind the last 6 weeks.

So I guess you aren't watching the game? I mean, no point right, if you are so convinced the Redskins have no chance and are going to get "killed". :rolleyes:

Or are you just trolling right now?

Okay well that explains it, your a younger fan. I'll give you another 10 years of redskin football and you'll understand what IM saying.

So says the guy with Beavis and Butthead in his avatar. :lol:

I bet I'm older than you and I believe the Redskins can win on Sunday. Age has nothing to do with it.

Ain't nobody stopping that offense, they had 2 subpar games by their standards in the last 2 weeks, and they've still put up 36 and 33 points, and that's with some unlucky turnovers in the red zone! The way to beat them, is to outscore them, because their defense is truly pathetic at the moment. Dallas scored 50 on them, and now Indy almost 40. Chances are, it's gonna be 2 shootouts in a row for the 'Skins, and if they want to win, they'll probably have to score 40 again, if not a little more.

The only way the Redskins win this game is for the offense to score 40 or 50 points.

As for the defense, I'd be ecstatic for a timely turnover or two because as far as stopping Denver's offense, that probably isn't happening.

You guys are really delusional. Do some of you really think our pathetic defense can stop Denver in Denver or is it just wishful thinking?

You're right... We might as well just stay in DC and practice up for the Chargers. I mean really why run the risk of having key players injured in a game that we are going to lose.  

save on travel expenses too.

You're right... We might as well just stay in DC and practice up for the Chargers. I mean really why run the risk of having key players injured in a game that we are going to lose.  

save on travel expenses too.

Like another poster just said, the only way we win is to outscore them because WE AIN'T stopping them.

Ravens run a 4-3 and 3-4 hybrid and ran a 4-3 until about 04.  Manning struggles with pressure that 3-4 can provide with disguised blitzes

Manning has really struggled against the Chargers this decade.  They run the 3-4.  Their pass rush would give Manning happy feet, which is rare.  If we can have a strong inside push, it will go a long way towords keeping us in this game.

However, Sproles was the main reason the Chargers had the Colts number.  He was a true colt killer.  Between Robert and Roy, we may have our version of Sproles. 

Manning has really struggled against the Chargers this decade. They run the 3-4. Their pass rush would give Manning happy feet, which is rare. If we can have a strong inside push, it will go a long way towords keeping us in this game.

However, Sproles was the main reason the Chargers had the Colts number. He was a true colt killer. Between Robert and Roy, we may have our version of Sproles.

Manning struggled against the chargers when they had merriman, phillips, and their beast nt. Theoretically we have similar personnel, but orakpo isn't what merriman was in his prime. Denver also has a solid line, indy didn't really during the years the chargers gave manning fits.

I haven't been blind. I'm a diehard skins fan, been one since 2005. And I always believe that my team will win any game, on any side of the football.

And don't you let anyone here tell you there is something wrong with that. So long as you can handle disappointment and get over the losses well, you don't need to claim pessimism as realism like so many here do. And, heck, even if you can't, at least you weren't miserable the entire week expecting your favorite team to get murdered. :)

Peyton is human. He lost. Jax hung with them a little. There is no reason to put Peyton on a pedestal. Sure he is a stud but so was McCown with no practice.

It comes down to our offense as usual, as long as our defense doesn't do what people say teams need to do to us. That is play soft coverage that kills the clock tires the defense and demoralizes our team before RG3 even gets on the field. Haslet lets other teams control the clock far too much for my liking.

Haslet LOVES to allow the time consuming first drive. And then about half the time adjusts. Follow the formula to win 7 straight last year, and dial up pressure  and move up the corners. Yes, we did ft. Madieu and still won. I do think he is more aggressive on the road.

And with that thin air, dare I think it would help our lame duck kicking game.

So I guess you aren't watching the game? I mean, no point right, if you are so convinced the Redskins have no chance and are going to get "killed". :rolleyes:

Or are you just trolling right now?

I still think we have a small chance and yes Ill watch it. That is why I pay for directv Sunday ticket and no not a troll.

So says the guy with Beavis and Butthead in his avatar. :lol:

I bet I'm older than you and I believe the Redskins can win on Sunday. Age has nothing to do with it.

If your older good for you. You might remember the Redskins in there Glory days. As for me I can't remember anything like that I was to young. Also the Skins winning doesn't mean they stopped Denver and Manning on offense. By the way there is nothing wrong with Beavis and Butthead.

Manning will pick apart the secondary with our safety situation looking miserable.  Our only hope is to win substantially in TOP keeping manning off the field and for us to win the turnover battle!  Griffin has to light it up and special teams needs to be special with mistake free football.

Apply pressure judiciously and jam their receivers. I saw that the Colts got their WR off their timing and routes. Cant just sit back and let them dictate because they'll eat up the zone and Manning knows where to go way too fast to generate pressure on him. Surely if you blitz him you've studied where he goes to hot. Play assignment football. Manning has been throwing some wobblers lately. Maybe one of the guys can get lucky and pick one of those bad boys off. 

Honestly, the offense has to be on its game so we can keep pace. Keep dumb mistakes to a minimum. I'm not sure whats been going on with Alf, but he started off really shaky last game. First it looked like he went in the wrong direction and then he followed it up by taking the handoff wrong on that first drive. Get it together, man. Second year in you shouldn't be going wrong direction or taking the handoff wrong. 

Its gonna be a shoot out probably. 

I think that 13 point line is a freaking insult, though. Every single Redskins player should feel disrespected by that spread. 

Archived