Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

**official 2013/2014 Winter Weather Thread**

Chew

We have a home game this week right? 1pm?

Yes. Given the current level of play from the Skins and the fact we're playing an AFC team, I don't think the stadium will be packed. Should cut back on traffic......some.

And fortunately, it looks to stay all snow during the game. Hopefully. Snow is much more easier to deal with than ice. 

Late night update - It's the weekend now and I guess we can start talking amounts. Most models have kept us generally in the 3-5" range before the changeover to ice. Some a little more, the Canadian is the only one I've seen that's less, but they change us over to ice very quickly and keep us ice the duration of the storm.

How much ice we see will really depend on where you are. But it doesn't look like anyone (except along the coast) escapes some accumulating ice. Monday and Tuesday could be a mess as the rain and whatever melted refreezes. And still looks like there's going to be another wave that rides the front that could give us a quick inch or two of snow on Tuesday.

I'd rather someone who really knows what they are talking about comment but things look very interesting...

We have a home game this week right? 1pm?

The cold hard fact is that NOBODY knows. This place has always been a tough prediction.

So in Denver they say 12 inches, they get 18, no outcry. In DC, the uncertainty of predicting winter weather is magnified. Pro forecasters are always wrong in this area.

Today's 00z runs from the NAM and GFS have a colder solution than the "safe bet". Looking like south and east of DC should get mentally ready for a winter event. Storm could piss rain all over us still, shades of last year, but it's looking quite wintery as of now.

I remember them predicting 8-10 inches for a storm last year, and getting rain.

Yes. Given the current level of play from the Skins and the fact we're playing an AFC team, I don't think the stadium will be packed. Should cut back on traffic......some.

And fortunately, it looks to stay all snow during the game. Hopefully. Snow is much more easier to deal with than ice. 

Late night update - It's the weekend now and I guess we can start talking amounts. Most models have kept us generally in the 3-5" range before the changeover to ice. Some a little more, the Canadian is the only one I've seen that's less, but they change us over to ice very quickly and keep us ice the duration of the storm.

How much ice we see will really depend on where you are. But it doesn't look like anyone (except along the coast) escapes some accumulating ice. Monday and Tuesday could be a mess as the rain and whatever melted refreezes. And still looks like there's going to be another wave that rides the front that could give us a quick inch or two of snow on Tuesday.

Wouldn't it be kind of hard for it to stick with how warm it's been?

Wouldn't it be kind of hard for it to stick with how warm it's been?

No. Not on grass at least.

And it hasn't been warm. Before Tuesday, we've been well below average for a couple weeks now.

Best guess for the 1-4 pm time slots on Sun? Are we going to get snowed on or rained on?

Snow and before the game is over probably sleet.

And it hasn't been warm. Before Tuesday, we've been well below average for a couple weeks now.

Yeah, the last few days have been a welcome change. It's been colder than I can recently remember for this time of year. I was talking with my cousin how (and I may be dead ass wrong) the last few Thanksgivings had seemed rather balmy.

Snow and before the game is over probably sleet.

Good point, I just thought close to 60 the past two days would help warm the ground up more. So you think it'll be dumping snow hard enough to stick? Could be a fun game then. Don't let me down!

Archived