Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

**official 2013/2014 Winter Weather Thread**

Chew

So, enjoy this break for the next few hours. The heaviest and main part of the storm should start rolling into the area around 8pm or so. 

That should be all sleet and freezing rain. Very dangerous. Temps still in the 20s and not looking to rise until some time tomorrow morning. 

Edit: We still have all of this to go through -

southeast_loop.gif

Yes 2k, looks like it right now. Things can change though. Timing right now looks like Sunday, Saturday may be fine.

So, enjoy this break for the next few hours. The heaviest and main part of the storm should start rolling into the area around 8pm or so.

That should be all sleet and freezing rain. Very dangerous. Temps still in the 20s and not looking to rise until some time tomorrow morning.

Already have a nice coating of sleet on the ground. Really hoping this doesn't become as ugly as it seems.

Edit: We still have all of this to go through -

Yes 2k, looks like it right now. Things can change though. Timing right now looks like Sunday, Saturday may be fine.

What is the time estimate of temp rising above freezing?

Thanks!

Well, either I missed it earlier, or the forecast was revised again.  NWS is back to 0.1 to 0.3" of ice accumulation overnight for NE Baltimore.  If that happens I have to hope there's a delay, because it will be super dangerous on these untreated roads.

If we don't get the ice it doesn't seem so bad.

I don't see anything for New York for next week. It says 10% chance of rain

Where are you looking? If it says a 10% chance of precip, that's not rain. I don't see the NE seeing any storm that's just plain rain for a while.

That storm is still a week away, so the models and forecasts are going to change frequently over the next few days. 

Keep and eye on the NWS's forecast for now. 

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=New+York&state=NY&site=OKX&textField1=40.7198&textField2=-73.993&e=1#.UqUDJPRDtsw

what are the chances of this ice really happening? I already see schools closed for tomorrow. Looking to see regarding work.

There's already a good sheet outside my place in Fairfax.. Just from frozen slush followed by light drizzle this afternoon. There's a bigger line of rain inbound. Temps will be well below freezing all night. 100% chance.

Archived