Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

**official 2013/2014 Winter Weather Thread**

Chew

Ice is and will be the most dangerous threat with this storm, but the late night runs are coming in snowier (just FYI.) This close to the storm, looking out the window becomes just as accurate as the models :)

Tuesday's snow is becoming likely as well. 

Expect anywhere from 1-6 inches I say, with ice involved. Always prepare for the worst, and then some. 6 inches hasn't been forecasted by anyone, but way crazier surprises have happened, trust me. I forgive weathermen, I forgive the models, and especially my type -- the messenger, but I don't forget.

So prepare for a wollop here, expect the worst. The cliche stands true, better to be safe than sorry.

If you're asking me to bet money, I'll say 3 inches Mont County, sleet and freezing rain on top. Power outage for 15 hours, give or take a couple hours. Good amount of branches down, don't think it will match the branch catastrophe that occured around 1999. Still will have to clean your yard well this week. Again, just an educated guess.

If you're asking me to bet money, I'll say 3 inches Mont County, sleet and freezing rain on top. Power outage for 15 hours, give or take a couple hours. Good amount of branches down, don't think it will match the branch catastrophe that occured around 1999. Still will have to clean your yard well this week. Again, just an educated guess.

I will be utterly amazed if this happens. Montgomery County is pretty big, so I guess it could happen somewhere, but I don't see it being that bad.

I live in Germantown (used to live in Waldorf). Compared to where I used to live, where the power could go out on a bright sunny day (I'm assuming due to loaded power grids from all the housing developments that sprouted up all over the damn place in the late 90's-'00s, and continue to sprout. When the power went out, it really ****ing went out, like for days.) the power here is pretty good. There was a massive thunderstorm back in the early fall that knocked out power only for a few hours, but other than that, power has been good, and there have been some doozies since I moved here November of last year.

My fingers are crossed that if the power does go out, it isn't for long. I'd hate to have to  check into a hotel or something if it gets really bad.

Archived