Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chip Kelly. Any Questions? (merged--put your "Chip Kelly" thoughts in here)

Westbrook36

Are you guys going to settle down once the Eagles punch the Skins in the mouth again and end their season?  Serious question.  Nick Foles and Chip Kelly are going to be main pieces of the next NFL dynasty.

Are you going to realize you've been a football team forever and don't have a super bowl ring?!  Seriously though enjoy beating the redskins this weekend, I don't think you will again for a long time.  

And how about those chiefs undefeated!  Reid turned that team around lol. 

Florio’s take: The Eagles haven’t won at home since September 30, 2012. And yet they’re 5-5. The Redskins are 3-6 for the second straight year. And yet they think they can once again turn things around. More importantly, the third-round pick from 2012 is currently looking a lot better than the second overall selection from last year.

Florio’s pick: Eagles 30, Redskins 20.

I think Foles is a better QB than Vick at this point. Without question. Playing very well. 

I also think Haz would rather face Foles. Vick has always been his nightmare.

Bright future in Philly. Heck, bright present with the state of the division. Always been a CK fan. 

That Kevin Foles kid sure does look great. And there I was thinking there's no way he could improve on his 2009 performance against KC, when he won the NFC offensive player of the week. Anyway, the Redskins would be crazy to not trade RG3 for Nick Kolb. 

The way he waltzed into that frozen tundra at Lambeau and put on a show was really something. We'll all remember the great duel between Nick and Scott Tolzien forever.

Where is the hype for Chip Kelly in 2016? He'd easily win the Genius Party nomination since he's going to win the next few Super Bowls. 

Florio’s take: The Eagles haven’t won at home since September 30, 2012. And yet they’re 5-5. The Redskins are 3-6 for the second straight year. And yet they think they can once again turn things around. More importantly, the third-round pick from 2012 is currently looking a lot better than the second overall selection from last year.

Florio’s pick: Eagles 30, Redskins 20.

I'd have to favor Philly as well. They must know that they can essentially shut the door on the Redskins today. Washington is awkward on offense and porous on defense. We have had really bad luck as far as drawing the weeks we face the Eagles this season. Both teams have been up and down but we have had to face Philly during our downs and their ups. Divisional play is funny like that.

I hope at the end of today I'll be smiling about that "backs to the wall" performance but I do admit I have a queezy feeling heading into kickoff. 

32 NFL GMs are quietly nodding their heads when WB says it is obvious that you would take Foles over RG3.

Ho hum, normalcy being restored to the NFC East. Eagles in sole possession of first, Redskins in sole possession of last, Eagles sweep the Skins; all is right in the world.

32 NFL GMs are quietly nodding their heads when WB says it is obvious that you would take Foles over RG3.

Ho hum, normalcy being restored to the NFC East. Eagles in sole possession of first, Redskins in sole possession of last, Eagles sweep the Skins; all is right in the world.

What is this, your first home win in the last 11 games?

Enjoy your home wildcard loss to San Francisco. I know I will. All things wouldn't be right with the world if the Eagles didn't fall laughably short.

First, you still need a QB and quality offensive players to execute any offense.

Second, what has impressed me about the Birds is that they are playing well right now as a team.  Made some good draft choices and are getting better.  Have to give the head coach the nod as the main reason.

That said, I sure hope he just doesn't rely on this offense as teams will start to take it away.

Hahaaa that's what we said last year and neither one of us will be saying it next year... or in a month for that matter!  :)

Shady did to that banner what the Eagles did to the Skins twice this season.

Congrats Philly.......hope you go at least 9-7 and take the East.  Love to say the Skins still have a chance, but this team rattling off six in a row?

And even then, Philly owns the tiebreaker

Chip Kelly is a really good coach. Best in the league? I don't know. But his team comes out prepared and with energy. I like that Kelly brings a fresh and unique approach to the game. Will it last? Who knows, it isn't without precedent for a coach to do well early before sucking later(examples: Tony Sporano went 11-5 his first year in Miami, Todd Haley won a division too early on in KC, Nick Saban went 9-7 his first year, etc.). But right now it's obvious that the Eagles have a legitimate coaching advantage over almost all of their foes.

Enjoy the moment Westy.  I surmise that after a full off-season of defensive coordinators examining Chip's system...just like the "read option"...things will be looking much different next season.  Let's see if he can adapt when it does.

Chip Kelly is a really good coach. Best in the league? I don't know. But his team comes out prepared and with energy. I like that Kelly brings a fresh and unique approach to the game. Will it last? Who knows, it isn't without precedent for a coach to do well early before sucking later(examples: Tony Sporano went 11-5 his first year in Miami, Todd Haley won a division too early on in KC, Nick Saban went 9-7 his first year, etc.). But right now it's obvious that the Eagles have a legitimate coaching advantage over almost all of their foes.

Very good points.  It's one thing to win some games, but the Eagles are a long way from being NFC contenders, IMO. Chip needs to show he can finish games offensively as it's understandable the crappy D will give up yards/points at some point in the game.

Yeah PF in retrospect I think Chip got a bit too cute in the 4th quarter when they had the 4th and 1 at the Skins 38 and it was still 24-0 with 12-13 minutes left in the game.  Geez, at least let the clock run down.....maybe call a timeout with a second left on the clock to think about it. Instead they rush the play, it gets stuffed, and momentum swung to the Skins, albeit we scored on some broken plays.

Archived