Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chip Kelly. Any Questions? (merged--put your "Chip Kelly" thoughts in here)

Westbrook36

Eagles were like 2nd in the league in total offense two weeks ago and the wheels have fallen off.  I know they are down to their 3rd QB but I've never seen offensive ineptitude like this since the Kotite years.  It is simply amazing how bad the offense has become, literally overnight.

I swear they had a shot of Kelly yesterday on the sideline and it looked like he was saying to himself. "I knew I ****ed up by letting them convince me to take the job."

I think, taking the normal trash talking and vindication that comes from division smack talk, it is obvious that the Kelly offense, or any offense in general, needs very good decisive QB play.  Barkley has been an abomination.  Kelly's offense is creating space and potential for big plays, just as it had done over the first 6 weeks of the season.  Unfortunately, for Kelly and Eagles' faithful, the QB he needs is not on the roster.  Foles had so many big plays against the Cowboys staring him in the face and he just couldn't make the plays.  Vick was a shell of himself yesterday.  Barkley is Barkley.  I will agree that the call to pass on the First and Goal from the 2 is curious at best.  You have a top 3 NFL RB and a minute to run the ball four times, if necessary.  But, these decisions are always easy in hindsight. 

The call on the goalline was an abortion of a call. On the 2 yard line with lots of time left he had his 3rd string right-handed QB rollout to his left.

The team only once went hurry-up. His 4th down decisions were peculiar at best, as was his onside kick call. Chip looks like he is losing trust in his own philosophy and trying to create sparks out of nothing.

it is obvious that the Kelly offense, or any offense in general, needs very good decisive QB play.   

you realize you are preaching to the choir with this insight on a redskins message board. have you seen the list of QBs we've had over the last 20 plus years?

probably why we are enjoying this thread so much. you could see the trainwreck coming from miles away........

:D

Ho hum, good QB play and Kelly's offense is the best in the NFL. Who would your average NFL GM pick right niw to build their team around....Nicky Foles or RG3? Serious question. Foles has as many TD passes in three starts as RG3 has all year. Cant wait for the annointed one to end the Skins season next week.

Oh, sixth TD pass for Foles. The best young QB in the NFL.

Ho hum, good QB play and Kelly's offense is the best in the NFL. Who would your average NFL GM pick right niw to build their team around....Nicky Foles or RG3? Serious question. Foles has as many TD passes in three starts as RG3 has all year. Cant wait for the annointed one to end the Skins season next week.

Oh, sixth TD pass for Foles. The best young QB in the NFL.

Good to see we are not at risk of losing you on a covert operation this week Westy.

The Raiders look like we do in Week 1: completely unprepared for the Kelly offense.

It's amazing how ill prepared the Raiders are/were. I mean at least we had an excuse since we played them in Week 1 when there was no film, the Raiders should have played much better. You wanna talk about bad coaching, THAT is bad coaching.

Chip's offense works when the QB plays well. Like, you know, every NFL offense in history.

Archived