Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chip Kelly. Any Questions? (merged--put your "Chip Kelly" thoughts in here)

Westbrook36

The best part about all this, is that their blowout victory over us in week 1 means diddly **** right now.  Zip Zero Nothing.

We have the same exact record 4 weeks in.  They might as well have just beaten us with a field goal.  Amounts to the same thing.

Redskins 1-3

Eagles 1-3 

I disagree.  I think neither team is going anywhere this year, although Skins have more talent where it matters (QB, coaching).  However, the Eagles are 1-0 in division and their three losses are against pretty good teams (combined record of 10-2) which are all in the AFC.  Skins 3 losses come against NFC opponents whose combined record is 5-8.

But, first week win really does mean nothing just because everyone knows the Eagles aren't doing anything this year.  At best 6-10, but quite possibly might match last year's record.

The Jinx strikes again.

He comes here to crow about the Eagles beating the Redskins and whats happened since then?  The Eagles look like absolute **** from that moment forward.

Go back to not having internet access.

Which is why I won't get too many thrills from Denver manhandling Philly, when DC still has to play them.

I disagree.  I think neither team is going anywhere this year, although Skins have more talent where it matters (QB, coaching).  However, the Eagles are 1-0 in division and their three losses are against pretty good teams (combined record of 10-2) which are all in the AFC.  Skins 3 losses come against NFC opponents whose combined record is 5-8.

But, first week win really does mean nothing just because everyone knows the Eagles aren't doing anything this year.  At best 6-10, but quite possibly might match last year's record.

I respectfully disagree.  I think the Redskins are quite capable of turning their season around.  The Eagles...I think they have already played their best football this year.  Our Quarterback has been coming back from major knee surgery, and the defensive secondary while not even middle of the pack at best will still improve as the year moves on.  I expect we will see bend don't break defensive play out of them as the year moves forward, and the offense will continue to improve as Robert's confidence grows.  The biggest problem with the Redskins is it's been taking them the whole game for the most part to get going offensively, and they are in a huge hole by the time that happens.  I do not think that pattern continues.  As long as the Redskins do not dig insurmountable holes for themselves by half time.  They will be able to compete with most teams this season.    

The Redskins have not come close to performing as well as they are capable of yet this season.  We also get Jenkins and Jackson back for the defense after the bye. 

Lots of ball yet to play.  We'll see. 

There's no room for "respectful disagreement" on a MB!

Understand your points.  My point was the Skins have dug themselves a hole for competing for a WC in NFC due to 3 NFC losses already, and it appears that the winner of NFCE might come out with at-best a 9-7 record, so winning East games is paramount.  However, I do recognize Philly is not going to be that team unless major improvement occurs quickly.  I honestly can't see either team going 8-4 for the rest of the season, though.

2013 NFCE = 113th Congress

Can't blame Westy, there were a few dumb asses out there with Chip fever ... 

I knew, when I saw this quote after our game ... Kelly had a double size of Karma coming his way “I felt like it was slow,” Kelly said. “…I’m not joking. We need to do a better job. We left the ball on the ground too much. We didn’t get the ball to the officials. We could have sped things up from a process in between plays. That’s something we need to work on.”

Chip Kelly is a genius and his system was devised from God's mind.  This much is obvious.  But, you cannot run the best system in the world with Mike Vick.  He is just a mental midget.  Mistakes happen in football but your system inherently changes once you get in a 10-0 hole due to ridiculous miscues.

This year's Eagles remind me of Jimmy Johnson's first year with the Cowboys.  They were 7-9, coming off a 1-15 year, exciting, made way too many mistakes, but they had an entire season to see what guys would buy into his system and then he aggressively went out and got "his" players. 

last post by Westy ... classic. 

Give credit to the Eagles today, winning another divisional road game. In a year where 8-8 may be enough to take the NFC East, they should be able to remain in the hunt for a while.

Vick's (already) out, which I of course predicted before game one.  Everyone was talking about how Vick and the E-Gals: Super Bowl. Ummmyeah. No. We were just unlucky to be Chip Kelly's first real game.

last post by Westy ... classic. 

Yes. Everybody give Westbroke a hearty golf clap. Everybody!

Archived