Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chip Kelly. Any Questions? (merged--put your "Chip Kelly" thoughts in here)

Westbrook36

They have scored 20 points with 5 minutes left in the 3rd, but who is keeping track??

Offense has a very good gameplan, from my vantage point, and have moved the ball at will.  This offense, and Chip Kelly in general, probably doesn't account for the mental weakness of Mike Vick.  Every drive that has not ended in points has ended due to him doing something Mike Vick.  A great drive was stalled in the first because he did another one of his backwards passes and lost 11 yards when the ball skirted out of bounds.

Anyway, he has missed DeSean Jackson about 3 times for sure TDs by a foot or less in this game.  Chip is taking more shots downfield this game and it is open.  The last offensive play was a 60 yard TD to Jackson. 

Unfortunately, it didn't hold.

At this point my only joy is watching my fellow division members fail.

Thank you for stabbing me in the heart :)

OH that was a tough loss. Anytime you lose with seconds left on the clock it's rough. Especially when you have so many missed opportunities in such a close game. You know what that's like, right? Oh wait a minute, you don't. :D 

Hang in there you guys… I'm just busting your balls. You're probably not as bad as you think. Just not as good as you thought. Rebuilding takes a while, and last year you probably had too much success to soon.

Eagles lost, Kelly's system was fine. His time management at the end made Andy Reid look good. The defense hadn't stopped Rivers all day and he is hurrying to snap the ball at their 15 before the two minute warning. Just baffling.

I was concentrating on the Eagles all day and didn't see anything from the rest of the NFL. How did the Skins do? Defense bounce back? I'm sure RG3 looked great as the 2nd half last week showed he knocked all the rust off.

I was concentrating on the Eagles all day and didn't see anything from the rest of the NFL. How did the Skins do? Defense bounce back? I'm sure RG3 looked great as the 2nd half last week showed he knocked all the rust off.

Wait. Is this the 'Washington Redskins, any questions?' thread? I'm pretty sure someone started THIS thread to talk about Chip Kelly. If you want to know about the Redskins there's a whole board devoted to them on this very site. No need to bring them up in here.

But since you asked, the Skins looked awful. Griffin has not shaken off the rust and the defense is TERRIBLE.

Sure is looking like Kelly's win in week one was more about the Redskins struggling than the Eagles actually playing well, especially considering the Philly loss to the lackluster Chargers, at home, this week.

not a college guy ... but Chipper didn't play a lot of close games at Oregon right? if so, do you all think his game management and even clock management is not really not developed and is something he'll have to work on in the NFL since he was so use to playing with leads so crazy large those things were after thoughts? 

NFCE = Worst 8 safeties (collectively) in football.

As for Chip...I'm in agreement with many of the others.  I want to see them sustain it long-term.  Without an 80-man roster and ToP that will frequently leave their defense on the field, I'm inclined to think that this won't work over a 16 (or 18) game season.

NFCE = Worst 8 safeties (collectively) in football.

As for Chip...I'm in agreement with many of the others.  I want to see them sustain it long-term.  Without an 80-man roster and ToP that will frequently leave their defense on the field, I'm inclined to think that this won't work over a 16 (or 18) game season.

I think the roster size is only an issue if there are significant injuries.  Also, I don't think ToP is as important as plays wrt Kelly's offense.  If the other team is running less plays than your offense is, seems to be the overall effort by defense would be the same.  What hurt them Sunday was inopportune penalties and their defense not being able to get any stops.  And how the hell they didn't recover the kickoff when score was 30-30, I'll never know. 

In my opinion Chip Kelly is much like Steve Spurrier. Kelly is going to find out that the NFL is a very different level and that these men aren't spring chickens. They will get winded quickly over his high tempo offense. Charley Casserly, former GM of the Skins and Texans said "Vick won't make it with this high tempo offense".

In my opinion Chip Kelly is much like Steve Spurrier. Kelly is going to find out that the NFL is a very different level and that these men aren't spring chickens. They will get winded quickly over his high tempo offense. Charley Casserly, former GM of the Skins and Texans said "Vick won't make it with this high tempo offense".

Vick won't make it with ANY offense, so that's not that big of a prediction for Charley.  He's small, refuses to slide and is easily defended by blitzing, so yes, he'll get injured.

Don't agree with SPurrier comparisons as it's way to soon, but we'll see.

Archived