Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chip Kelly. Any Questions? (merged--put your "Chip Kelly" thoughts in here)

Westbrook36

Vick's (already) out, which I of course predicted before game one.  Everyone was talking about how Vick and the E-Gals: Super Bowl. Ummmyeah. No. We were just unlucky to be Chip Kelly's first real game.

Yes. Everybody give Westbroke a hearty golf clap. Everybody!

Who in their right mind said the Eagles were going to the SB?  Even the most drunk homer wouldn't say that.  Their defense is atrocious, so much so that I started Eli & benched Romo (argh). 

Who in their right mind said the Eagles were going to the SB?  Even the most drunk homer wouldn't say that.  Their defense is atrocious, so much so that I started Eli & benched Romo (argh). 

Ummm, after week one, ALL of the Philthy Egals fans?

Ummm, after week one, ALL of the Philthy Egals fans?

We have a very small minority of Mike Vick fans, "very small" they are the only people that could possibly utter something like that. Most fans are in the 4 to 6 range. Those fans got sucked in just because the Eagles hammered, at the time, a very overrated Washington Team. Outside of Dallas that shows some semblance of competence the division is a total train wreck which will inflate all of our records. It was probably the worst division last year.

Ho hum.  Eagles are averaging 450 yards a game on offense.  He finally puts in a QB who isn't a mental midget and they roll over a team that was in the top 12 in defense like they were a HS team.  First place in the NFC East with a terrible defense, that is a talent issue more than anything.  Once the Eagles beat the Cowboys at home next week, they are the Giants and Raiders away from a 6-3 start.  You guys had enough yet?  Chip Kelly. 

Ho hum. Eagles are averaging 450 yards a game on offense. He finally puts in a QB who isn't a mental midget and they roll over a team that was in the top 12 in defense like they were a HS team. First place in the NFC East with a terrible defense, that is a talent issue more than anything. Once the Eagles beat the Cowboys at home next week, they are the Giants and Raiders away from a 6-3 start. You guys had enough yet? Chip Kelly.

So the Fecals have beaten the 1-4 Redskins, 0-6 Giants and 0-5 Buccaneers. That's pretty damned impressive.

Glad to see your internet connection had been restored.

The Eagles right now look like maybe a 6-10 team or so, which is about on par with their talent level. They have a much easier schedule this year and the division is the weakest I've ever seen so they may pull off 8-8 and win the division. (Honestly, I would prefer the Eagles to win the division if the Redskins don't, because the Eagles are current third on my **** list and if they do make the playoffs they'll promptly crap the bed as is their way, and lastly it will give Eagle a false sense that they've accomplished something and they'll keep their mediocre coach around longer than they normally would , but that's neither here nor there.) 

The coach we should all be talking about right now isn't the guy who's getting a mediocre team to play like a mediocre team. It's the guy who took over a 2-14 team and is currently 6-0.

That would be Andy Reid. Given the spectacular improvement the Chiefs have made, not to mention their domination over Chip Kelly's lackluster Eagles, it's clear that the problems in Philly weren't due to the head coach, but rather the team and/or the owner. It's funny how Eagle fan is saying 'if we win this game and that game and the moon tilts on this axis we might go on some improbable run and be at six wins someday!' when the guy they shoved out the door is already there, in part courtesy of the Philadelphia Eagles. Weird sense of accomplishment they have up in Philly. I guess that comes from a long history of never quite getting it done.

Had enough? Oh no my friend. It's a slow day at work and I'd LOVE to talk more about this. Explaining the game to overconfident Eagle fans is one of my favorite pastimes. When it comes to explaining why the Eagles aren't as good as Westbrook36 thinks they are, I've never been wrong. :)

The coach we should all be talking about right now isn't the guy who's getting a mediocre team to play like a mediocre team. It's the guy who took over a 2-14 team and is currently 6-0.

That would be Andy Reid. Given the spectacular improvement the Chiefs have made, not to mention their domination over Chip Kelly's lackluster Eagles, it's clear that the problems in Philly weren't due to the head coach, but rather the team and/or the owner. It's funny how Eagle fan is saying 'if we win this game and that game and the moon tilts on this axis we might go on some improbable run and be at six wins someday!' when the guy they shoved out the door is already there, in part courtesy of the Philadelphia Eagles. Weird sense of accomplishment they have up in Philly. I guess that comes from a long history of never quite getting it done.

Had enough? Oh no my friend. It's a slow day at work and I'd LOVE to talk more about this. Explaining the game to overconfident Eagle fans is one of my favorite pastimes. When it comes to explaining why the Eagles aren't as good as Westbrook36 thinks they are, I've never been wrong. :)

I agree regarding their ending record, as I thought they would get a couple game improvement over last year due their online being healthy. Thought their defensive talent was lacking and new coaches/systems would put them around 4-6 wins. However, the east is horribly bad, so god knows what could really happen. They would indeed get whipped in playoffs unless their defense sees a parabolic rise in performance.

As to your Andy Reid comments, count me as one eagle fan that understood how good he was for the city/team. He didnt win the big one but he was still the best coach the eagles have seen in my lifetime by far. He coached to the talent he had, got better as the season went along and ran a very professional organization. However, to say he was shoved out the door is disingenuous IMO b/c he was given complete control and the team got drastically and embarrassingly worse. I knew the follow-on coach might not be any better, but Reid needed a change and he wasn't going to relinquish personnel control in Philly to allow that to happen. iMO his biggest mistake was in picking up Vick when he should have done a rebuild.

I am pulling for Andy and would love it if he went deep, if not won it all, as I think he deserves it. He did walk into an excellent situation too, especially in picking up Alex smith.

Reid at this point is a poor man's Bill Parcells.  Took the pieces Ray Rhodes had on defense and rode them to success with Jim Johnson uitlizing them.  

Now he's doing the exact same thing in Kansas City.  

If he wins a Super Bowl I'll eat crow and I'll be pissed but I'm not worried about it.  You know why?  I know he'll show his true colors come playoff time.  And when he leaves the Chiefs in shambles like he did the Eagles they will understand, too.  I feel bad for them.  They have no idea the kick in the nuts thats about to come.  Enjoy the ride now folks.  Because it won't last forever.

They have a much easier schedule this year and the division is the weakest I've ever seen so they may pull off 8-8 and win the division. (Honestly, I would prefer the Eagles to win the division if the Redskins don't, because the Eagles are current third on my **** list and if they do make the playoffs they'll promptly crap the bed as is their way, and lastly it will give Eagle a false sense that they've accomplished something and they'll keep their mediocre coach around longer than they normally would , but that's neither here nor there.) 

. :)

This would be an awesome scenario.  Imagine if Chip Kelly took a 4 win team that quit on the same Andy Reid you are fellating and equaled the best Redskins season since I was in the 10th grade?  (I have 19 years in the Marines). :)

This would be an awesome scenario.  Imagine if Chip Kelly took a 4 win team that quit on the same Andy Reid you are fellating and equaled the best Redskins season since I was in the 10th grade?  (I have 19 years in the Marines). :)

Speaking of turnarounds, is it the same Andy Reid that has the 2-14 Chiefs at 6-0?

I see Westy has still not mastered the art of irony. :)

Fellating Andy Reid? Indeed. Who started this thread and what's it about again? Way to let the point sail a mile over your head.

It always amazes me what people see when you show them the mirror. Apparently Westbrook36 sees oral sex.  :lol:

I'll let you in on a little secret: I'm not really that big an Andy Reid fan. The fact that he's completely out-done your hero Chip Kelly is not a major feat, or an indication of anything. 

And again, this thread isn't about the Redskins. I understand why you keep trying to change the subject, but if you realize you're wrong about your coach and your team just bow out. You can talk about the Redskins in threads about the Redskins. There are tons of them all over this site. This thread is yours. It's Chip Kelly. Own it, or run away again.

Archived