Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Jaworski Says The Redskins Won't Make The Playoffs ?

Red_dog1

It's not just Jaws. Most "experts" that I've heard do not have us repeating as division champs or making the playoffs. I'm cool with that. They're just predictions.

We are in the same division as the Dallas Cowboys.  The Cowboys could have less talent than Zorn's Redskins and still some would consider them a SB contender.  :blush:

for the record, on my wonderfully funny little podcast that you see in my sig there, we make an annual roundup of last year's predictions.

Complete with audio of them sounding like complete fools while they try to sound like they know any more than you do.

It's amazing,, AMAZING how wrong they are, and how often they are completely off base.

I made this in 2006, and it stands true.

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2006/predictions.htm

~Bang

Only reason I don't like the so called "experts" running off at the mouth about how bad the Redskins will be; is because people then go around repeating that nonsense.  And then it becomes our expectation.

That's good news.

Don't know about that, it was much fun last year when we won the NFC-East and "faced" so many expurts.

Dang, it didn't take the part of the quote about it being good news that Skip saw us SB contenders...of course, he's in the tank for RG3.

The difference between people like you and me versus pundits is that they have microphones.  Their opinions are just as worthless and baseless as ours, as most pundits don't have any more connections in the team than we do.

I don't pay attention to any of them, whether they say good things or bad.

I really like when Jaws breaks down individual plays. I think he does one heck of a good job with that.

But when it comes to evaluating teams, not so much.

And he's a Phily guy.  Doesn't even really try and hide it.  That's fine.  No problem with it.  

I only liked Jaworski back when he was the guy in the "vault", where he would breakdown plays and review schemes and game plans.

He gave good info and was entertaining.

Now that he sits at the table with the "experts", he has become as loud and obnoxious as the rest of them. Giving little real analysis and just looking for the outrageous sound byte.

His forecast mean nothing.

Ring check?

To be fair, if I had to pick one team that made the playoffs last year NOT to make the playoffs?

San Fran

Atlanta

Green Bay

Washington

Seattle

Minny

Well, ****... I'm picking the Vikings... ish.  And I didn't even make it to the Colts NOT playing their weak schedule yet :) .  You think AP can carry that team on his back again this year?  They still have Ponder as their QB.

You mean those same experts that had us winning 3 games last year, They are as useless as a pregnant wrestler. 

fixed...

the average win-loss via the media last year considering all American media outlets was a whopping 3-13.

now, there were a lot of reasons to doubt us last year & the injuries certainly did not help.

i could easily see a conservative prediction (based solely on the strength of RGIII's leg) of 8-8 or 9-7, to be fair....but the reasons most of these people give are so ignorant it makes you wonder if when it comes time to watch film from the previous year, they only watch like 4 or 5 teams & just base all the rest on what changes they made in personnel. 

still...who is Jaws?  i mean...i've downgraded my respect of his opinion significantly over the last 3 years because i've noticed a severe increase in the amount of patternistic homerism or biased reporting.  a shame too because i really believed at one point that he was one of the few objective analysts out there on the 4-letter network.

predictions are just fodder though for people to talk about at the watercooler.  it's nice when pundits believe in your team as much as you do, & for some fan-bases they take this to the extreme (see: Sea-chickens fans)...but ultimately, it's all just bullocks.

in the end...i'm rather encouraged that we continue to be doubted & that our team as a whole is flying so low under the radar that we can legitimately have another "chip-on-our-shoulder" type of season.

this year we go as far as our defense takes us.....from what i've seen so far, it can be pretty far.

What gets me is when I pick up a USA Today preview mag and they have eight "experts" predicting the division winners and playoffs. six of them pick either the Giants or Cowboys. Two of them pick the Eagles. Not one picks the Redskins. Only one of the eight picks the Skins to garner a wild card position.

Granted, teams miss the playoffs after making it the previous year often. However, you would think our seven game streak to end the season would somehow reflect favorably in some pundits eyes. I can only surmise that everyone thinks that RG3 is not going to hold up and will miss significant time. 

I'm looking forward to ESPN's preview.....they usually have around 16 guys making picks, and it'll be curious to see what percentage has the Skins winning the division or making the playoffs.

Some of us Redskins fans are reactionary to anything bad that is said of our skins. And others are just cry babies.  lol  Seriously though, when we finish in last place most of the last 10 seasons and then we jump up for one season...BLIP.....do you think that anybody should seriously jump on the bandwagon when there is no pattern yet.

Why do people pick the Patriots to win their division every year despite the changes they make? Because they WIN the division repeatedly, that's why. It's called a proven track record. Well guess what...the Redskins have one also..and its called finishing in last place.

If a thief steals and goes to prison and gets out and continues to steal and then one day he actually returns a lost wallet he finds on the street...does anybody say "hey...I trust that guy. I think I'll let him hold my money". No...they look at his track record and stealing and his honesty with SUSPICION. Same thing people are doing with our Redskins and I can't blame them.

With that said....I think the Cowboys and Redskins are the elite teams in the NFC East and the Eagles and Giants will be doormats. We could finish 10-6 again and will likely be around there and when that happens then the Eagles and Giants will receive the total lack of respect NEXT year instead of the Redskins. SO...DON'T SWEAT IT.

What gets me is when I pick up a USA Today preview mag and they have eight "experts" predicting the division winners and playoffs. six of them pick either the Giants or Cowboys. Two of them pick the Eagles. Not one picks the Redskins. Only one of the eight picks the Skins to garner a wild card position.

Granted, teams miss the playoffs after making it the previous year often. However, you would think our seven game streak to end the season would somehow reflect favorably in some pundits eyes. I can only surmise that everyone thinks that RG3 is not going to hold up and will miss significant time. 

I'm looking forward to ESPN's preview.....they usually have around 16 guys making picks, and it'll be curious to see what percentage has the Skins winning the division or making the playoffs.

The Redskins also beat the Superbowl Champion Baltimore Ravens Last year..and the Year before that the Superbowl Champion Green Bay Packers during the regular season  ...Its good to be doubted more incentive to play harder and win big HTTR :D

Was RG3 missing the preseason really the only reason given for the Skins missing the playoffs?

Yes.  In all fairness  the question was to name a team that made the playoff team last that won't this year and RG3's health is a legit concern.  That said, Jaworski was overly critical of RG3's throwing motion on Monday which looked fine to me.  This from the same guy who thinks Kaeperick will be one the best ever.  Really?  The guy spends way to much time in the film room and needs to get a life IMO.

Archived