Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Jaworski Says The Redskins Won't Make The Playoffs ?

Red_dog1

I definitely disagree with Jaworski when you consider the Redskins went 10-6 with all the injuries to key  players early and often throughout the season last year.  On the other hand, the team hasn't been a consistent winner since winning the Super Bowl in 1991.  As a result, for many, the Skins have to prove that last year wasn't a fluke.

Jaworski isn't a hater; he's simply skeptical.  If I was a betting man, however, I would certainly put my money on the Skins making the playoffs...and doing a lot more than simply making the playoffs if they can remain relatively healthy.  Super Bowl, anyone? :)

Jaws is a Philly guy.  He's basically the Joe Thiesman of the Eagles.  You'd be naive to believe that his Philly connection didn't play a part in his selection of the Redskins.  Why not the Vikings?  They don't have a QB and you can't depend on AP carrying them like he did last season.

I like Jaws a lot so this whole business disappoints me. I suppose we can just say Jaws doesn't matter and we shouldn't care but that's like saying football doesn't really matter so we shouldn't care. None of it REALLY matters. Fans tend to care about it anyway. Hence the term 'fanatic.'

Ah well. I guess we have to just keep on winning then.

Let the talkers talk.

Jaws is wrong all the dang time.

Plus, this is like fuel for the team.  There are plenty of people who believe the Skins will continue to be the best team in the East.  Darren Sharper the other day mentioned that if the Skins play better on the backend of the defense, Superbowl Contenders.  I also heard him mention the other day that the other teams didnt make enough improvements on defense to stop the Redskins offense.

Everyone has their own opinion.  I personally think even a blind idiot could see that this is a team on the rise, but I can barely spell futball, so what do I know....?

I think Jaws talks just too hear himself talk. He said that he was the "Quarterback Doctor." LOL!

I'm sure RG3 says he ain' this doctor ..Andrews is...Jaws never fixed a QB in his life...He got ran out of The LA Rams by QB's Haden and Harris, If he was a Better Quarterback  when he went to Superbowl the Eagles would have won..But they lost and He Isn't Even a SB winning QB or a MVP or a HOFer  just a IGGles Fossil :D

Let me see here. 2 former Eagles QBs have been dogging our Redskins? Meh. When either of them can hold up their Super Bowl rings or show me their bust in the HoF, I'll give a hoot. As it is, I couldn't care less about what Jaws has to say. His opinion about us has never been high & now that we are climbing again, he must really hate it.

As for McNubbs, some of things he has said has me facepalming. Him saying that RG3 is "brainwashed"...? Puh-lease. McNabb couldn't read the instructions on the back of a cereal box without fouling it up. So, nothing he says holds any weight for me either.

Shanny has already said that if we don't make the superbowl this season is a failure.  Actually, for the 30 teams that don't; it's a failure.  And for the 31 teams that don't win the superbowl it's a failure.

I'm sure Robert will have some rust but I think he will only get better as the season progresses.

if the Redskins wont make it then i am thinking that no one from the  NFC East will make the playoffs this season, we have the best coach and QB's in the NFC East we will make the playoffs i am convinced of that "Jaws" is wrong, i am wondering if he got hit real bad in his playing days against the skins and carries a grudge

Honestly I'm fine with him having that opinion. When you take off the burgundy tinted glasses and see that we're a team that won the division on the very last week, it's easy to see how we may miss out this year. I think we'll win the division, but jaws isn't batpoop crazy to think that we wouldn't. Now, if he had said 3 win season then I would take offense.

Honestly I'm fine with him having that opinion. When you take off the burgundy tinted glasses and see that we're a team that won the division on the very last week, it's easy to see how we may miss out this year. I think we'll win the division, but jaws isn't batpoop crazy to think that we wouldn't. Now, if he had said 3 win season then I would take offense.

Fair, but then you have to ask yourself how we won the Division in the last week.  Did the light switch flip on and were we improving.  Going from 3-6 to 10-6 is a impressive.  Then you add in the players we lost... impact players... coming back (though I was hoping for three and we may only have one or two), they guys who have a year in the system, and the new guys, and it's not a hard stretch to believe this team should be better.  If we remain static than we fall down, but if the team improves defensively or offensively we should be a challenger.

What was shameful about all that to me is that, they reported what ONE person thinks, ran it over & over again until it actually sounded like real news & then regurgitated it back to the same guy who said it as if it was the first time he was hearing this clip. "And what do you think about what was said?" kinda thing.

Yeah, ESPN is garbage. Unfortunately, it's all we have on a global scale & until something comes out that can compete with them, we're stuck with being fed garbage on a repetitive basis.

if the Redskins wont make it then i am thinking that no one from the  NFC East will make the playoffs this season, we have the best coach and QB's in the NFC East we will make the playoffs i am convinced of that "Jaws" is wrong, i am wondering if he got hit real bad in his playing days against the skins and carries a grudge

My thoughts exactly Maybe this has something to do with it ~~~~>  October 29, 1979

Did Anyone Catch Their Numbers? Washington's sack-happy 'Skins decked Ron Jaworski seven times and swiped two passes in their rout of the Eagles

The Eagle offensive linemen kept slipping and had trouble holding their blocks, which led to speculation that perhaps the footing hadn't been good. "It wasn't slippery for our linemen," said Washington Linebacker Pete Wysocki. "Or maybe we just hire guys with wide feet."

Jaworski took a harsh physical beating. "The Redskins were in my face before I could do anything, before I could look for my lay-off receivers," he said. At times Jaworski acted as though his sore ankle was bothering him. At the end of the game, when Redskin Cornerback Tony Peters turned out the lights with an interception, he made it a point to find Jaworski and lay the ball at the quarterback's feet. :D  :D

Anyone catch Mike Shanahan's quote about 2013 expectations? He said they are extremely high and that this year it is Superbowl or "Failure"   Wow.......I mean, I am pretty excited going into this season and think the 'Skins have a great chance to get to the playoffs and win a game, but wow......

I guess he disagrees with Jaworski's forecast for the 'Skins season just a bit.

I'm ready for the Skins to back up MIke's expectations.

We will struggle at times, we're young, loads of players coming back from injury with rust....but man o man.  If he thinks we can do it, that's saying something.  He didn't speak like that the last few years.

HTTR.

Also, I hope we mercilessly CRUSH the Bills tonight.  Goonie out.

Hail.

Shanny has already said that if we don't make the superbowl this season is a failure.  Actually, for the 30 teams that don't; it's a failure.  And for the 31 teams that don't win the superbowl it's a failure.

I'm sure Robert will have some rust but I think he will only get better as the season progresses.

I saw this on the ticker on NFL Network. I was shocked.  I got on here expecting a 10 page thread by now.  I have high hopes for the team but I think that may still be too high.  Right now I'm just going to enjoy watching Mark Sanchez flounder. 

Predictions like this do not get under my skin like it does some other people. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and only 12 teams make the postseason so you're just going to piss off the fan base of the other 20 teams. We are still handcuffed badly by King Goodell so our cap penalty is going to make us a little thin in depth in a few positions. An injury here and there could make us very vulnerable.

So does anyone consider that maybe jaws is being honestly objective and the starting qb missing the entire preseason is a legitimate concern?

I think it's his honest opinion, but missing the preseason isn't a big deal. A qb isn't made in those 3 hours of football spread across the first 3 preseason games, it's the practices and film study that really make a qb. As long as rg3 is practicing full tilt now then I'm sure he'll be fine. My concern isn't his practice, but the stability of his knees. God forbid, but any sign of limping around we should probably shelf him for a month or two.

Well I agreed when Jaws said he noticed Griffin wasn't properly balanced and wasn't putting sufficient weight on his injured leg while running drills. I noticed the same thing, I just didn't put as much stock in it as he did. This is why he isn't ready yet. To take that and make the huge leap in logic that this is how he'll be looking throughout the entire season is a bit ridiculous.

Some of us Redskins fans are reactionary to anything bad that is said of our skins. And others are just cry babies.  lol  Seriously though, when we finish in last place most of the last 10 seasons and then we jump up foIr one season...BLIP.....do you think that anybody should seriously jump on the bandwagon when there is no pattern yet.

Why do people pick the Patriots to win their division every year despite the changes they make? Because they WIN the division repeatedly, that's why. It's called a proven track record. Well guess what...the Redskins have one also..and its called finishing in last place.

If a thief steals and goes to prison and gets out and continues to steal and then one day he actually returns a lost wallet he finds on the street...does anybody say "hey...I trust that guy. I think I'll let him hold my money". No...they look at his track record and stealing and his honesty with SUSPICION. Same thing people are doing with our Redskins and I can't blame them.

With that said....I think the Cowboys and Redskins are the elite teams in the NFC East and the Eagles and Giants will be doormats. We could finish 10-6 again and will likely be around there and when that happens then the Eagles and Giants will receive the total lack of respect NEXT year instead of the Redskins. SO...DON'T SWEAT IT.

I gotta say that's a great theory. But dallass hasn't done anything in almost 16 years. Please explain to me how they're playoff or better yet SB contenders every season? For all those years we were bottom feeders we never had a franchise QB either. Look at dallass' star studded roster. Who's sold on Romo sits to pee still? 9 years in is a track record. They're secondary folds towards the end of every season. Their OL is subpar. Its really just lazy reporting.

S

Only reason I don't like the so called "experts" running off at the mouth about how bad the Redskins will be; is because people then go around repeating that nonsense.  And then it becomes our expectation.

I see where you are coming from with this but I have to

disagree. ( respectfully ) This is the way it has always been in Washington. The

last time we won the super bowl and dominated the NFL, only one pundit predicted

us to win. Chris Collinsworth on HBO.  

We will never be America’s team like the all hype no action

Cowboys. We just deal with it and move forward.

Archived