Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Jaworski Says The Redskins Won't Make The Playoffs ?

Red_dog1

All I've heard all offseason with regards to the NFC is:

San Francisco, Seattle, Green Bay, Atlanta as the favorites.

New Orleans will contend because Payton is back.

NY Giants are always in it.

"We Love Dallass and their talent."

Chip Kelly is a God and Philly will be dangerous.

That's it. No mention of us. But I love it. Please discount us and don't even think about us.

To the Shanahan quote thingy....

Can't people see that the entire quote (not just the 3 words or so they keep showing) speaks of how the PLAYERS have set this expectation & have decided that nothing will satisfy THEM this season other than winning the SB.

Shanahan is not the one making this prediction or quote, even. He's simply conveying, & to people who need to hear that sort of thing, mind you, that the PLAYERS have that level of confidence & belief in each other to where they aren't afraid of having that sort of expectation hung over them.

I'm curious to see what some of the players' responses will be....if they remain steadfast & supportive of this idea & their delivery is contrite & believable, then, i would go out on a limb & say that this team could very well be special.

It could go either way.  The Giants and Cowboys are good enough so the Redskins are going to need to win 10-11 games to make the playoffs.

news flash: the Giants are going NO WHERE. All the signs are there. They used to have a great offensive line but no longer. There are questions in their secondary as well. Their linebacking core is a hodgepodge of people. The OSI era has ended. As long as Umenyiora and Tuck were rushing Jason Campbell or Rex Grossman, that team's pass rush was awesome. Osi is gone. Tuck is old and always injured and I heard a rumor that neither Jason Campbell or Rex will be throwing passes for the Skins this year.

Giants suck...Giants 8-8 at best and downhill from there. Cowboys....yea...they could be a 10-6 team this year.

Has people forgot that the Cowboys O-Line is garbage? And everybody always talk up Dallas' talent. Yeah, they have talented guys at certain positions, but I just don't see ALL this talent every says

Smith is an excellent left tackle for the Cowboys and could make a pro bowl at some point. Their number One draft pick is the unquestioned BEST center in this years draft. Doug Free was not mobile enough to play right tackle but he is a pretty good run blocker and he has been moved to GUARD. So barring injury, their offensive line is NOT garbage, it is pretty good.

Now if you want to talk depth....we can talk smelly tuna garbage and maggot infested soup cans...I mean real garbage. The Cowboys are very strong as a first unit in a lot of places. They just don't have any backups. So I am happy we don't play them right off the bat. Let their injuries pile up so we can play their 2nd team filled with GARBAGE.

Dallas always get hype before the season starts.  It's like clockwork.  I watched some of their games this preseason and the Cowboy players do seem to be a bit more enthusiastic than I remember them being last year.  That said, we are a better team than them.  The main reason, outside of us being younger at key positions, is we have more depth on our team than they do.  They don't have any depth where they need it the most.  They are thin on defense and oline.  As the season progresses, their key players will start to wear down and they don't have any quality depth to keep players like Dware fresh.

I do think they'll finish 2nd in the NFC East.  I don't like the Giants this year.  I think they are about to have disappointing season compared to what they've been used to.  I see the Giants finishing 3rd.  I could be wrong though.  Those buttholes in NY will probably find a way to sneak in the playoffs at 8-8 and win a damn SB haha.

The Giants look horrible which means they'll probably make the Super Bowl.  The Cowboys are being over hyped as usual.  I'm not saying that it is impossible for them to win the division but they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt that some in the media have given them.  The Eagles are a mystery.

The Giants look horrible which means they'll probably make the Super Bowl.  The Cowboys are being over hyped as usual.  I'm not saying that it is impossible for them to win the division but they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt that some in the media have given them.  The Eagles are a mystery.

Anything can happen is a season some teams  exalt themselves to the top with hard work.. and other stumble over there own two feet to failure...I'm betting ALL skins  :D  And 11 wins

Yes, I gotta agree with Jawz.... well not 100% err wait.. the skins wont make the playoffs? wtf Jawz  you chawin some cowpoke dung? some Eagle birdpoo? some Giant logs? I agree 100% against Jawz!

Besides after next years draft.. we get a #1 for the Following year! This team is good! And is only going to get better!

Jaworski's comments, based on the fact that he was only saying if he had to pick a team to miss the playoffs, don't bother me. 

This unprovoked bull**** from some moron does though:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000234745/article/seahawks-49ers-rams-cards-make-nfc-west-the-nfls-best

"In a total reverse from 2010, I predict every team in the NFC West will finish with at least eight wins. And I actually feel badly for the Rams and Cardinals that they have to play in this battle zone. In fact, if the Rams were in the NFC East, they would win that division, and probably by two games.You read that correctly. The Rams are the third best team in the West and better than the Dallas Cowboys,Philadelphia EaglesNew York Giantsand Washington Redskins." - Adam Schein

First of all, don't be a complete dumbass man. You can definitely make the argument that the NFC West is the best in football and I might even agree. But to say it's not even close when the AFC North and NFC North may be better overall divisions but are overshadowed by the presence of the 49ers and Seahawks is just stupid. 

And to take a random and unnecessary shot at the NFC East? First off, I'd give the Rams zero chance of winning our division. They'd maybe have the best defense but Bradford has yet to do anything in several years to prove he'd be anything but the worst quarterback in the division. In fact, they don't have a single offensive weapon that's done a damn thing in this league - not Bradford, not their stable of "who the hell is that?" RB's, they have several young receivers but all of them are unproven - Givens had about 700 yards and 3 TD's last year but he's now their #1 guy. Do they even have a TE? 

But yes, Adam, they would win our division by at least 2 games. Suck it easy, Adam.

Ahhh that's alright.  They also pick Dallas every year to be Romo sits to pee's breakout year.  That don't happen either.   Right now our chances are as good as anybody's D's lookin good and I do believe that RG will be rusty opening night, but that won't kill the whole season even if we do loose.  This ain't college.  Can't wait.   Only thing I hate is Hank Jr. won't be opening it up.  

It could go either way.  The Giants and Cowboys are good enough so the Redskins are going to need to win 10-11 games to make the playoffs.

With Robert back healthy, I am predicting 10-6 or 11-5 depending on the bears game.

Our losses are to Packers, Broncos, 49ers, Falcons, and one loss to the Giants at their stadium.

Interesting that we have five, yup five prime time games, and thats if there is no flex scheduling.

Interesting that we have five, yup five prime time games, and thats if there is no flex scheduling.

RG3 and the Redskins are now. Primetime .This Is what happens when you deliver TOP shelf wins like beating the cowboys giants and Ravens..You Bcome a sales magnet to the NFL schedulers HTTR  :D

Here in Dallas/Fort Worth the mediots, every day, say the division belongs to the Cowboys. It's odd; they talk about the Giants & their injuries, the Eagles new system (ummmm....they have one too, with ill fitting parts), and generally discount us. They never get our record right (we were 9-7 according to them today), we lost our starting safety (Thomas), our best D-lineman, Carriker (Ratliff anyone???), is out for the year, and RGIII will be a shell of himself and much easier to defend. It's comical. It seems they view NY and Philly as bigger threats. I am dead serious-the NEVER talk about us with any actual working knowledge. It seems everybody has forgotten about us. They will see, in short order, something entirely different IMHO. For whatever reason, they think we have regressed. They think Dallas will take the division at 9-7 because every team is so "weak". I can't wait to get this party rolling. I thought I wanted to beat Dallas last year. I want to destroy them this year. I detest listening to their uninformed diatribe day after day. They truly don't have a clue down here. HTTR

All I've heard all offseason with regards to the NFC is:

San Francisco, Seattle, Green Bay, Atlanta as the favorites.

New Orleans will contend because Payton is back.

NY Giants are always in it.

"We Love Dallass and their talent."

Chip Kelly is a God and Philly will be dangerous.

That's it. No mention of us. But I love it. Please discount us and don't even think about us.

Most people are writing off the Skins because of the uncertainty with RG3 and that's fine with me.  The Skins will be playing most of those teams home or away, home and away in the division.  Being an under the radar team is just fine which is what they were last year and look what happened.  

They use Griffin's injury as an excuse to not pick the Redskins.  They could qualify their predictions by saying the Redskins will win the division if Griffin is healthy.  Other than Heath Evans, nobody is willing to do that.  To me, that just means they don't believe in our team, period.  They all have a right to their opinion, but they should just be upfront with it.

Jaws always makes crazy picks and says something like, "that is what a winning QB should look like." How does a guy who went 69-67-1 in his Eagles career know what a winning QB looks like? Two games over 500 isn't exactly a great record or make him an expert I would want to be working for my network. Jaws thinks he is the QB expert that knows more than anyone else. He sees RGIII as a gimmick player and that only traditional passers will win in this league He believes it all because RGIII plays for the Redskins. He never says anything good about the Redskins. But Kapernick and Wilson are winners because they play for the 49ers and the Seahawks. So his opinions aren't really credible in my opinion.

With Robert back healthy, I am predicting 10-6 or 11-5 depending on the bears game.

Our losses are to Packers, Broncos, 49ers, Falcons, and one loss to the Giants at their stadium.

Too logical. This is the NFL- which means we'll probably beat the the teams you mentioned handily while losing to the Chiefs, Raiders and Chargers. 

It's what makes the NFL such an appealing league from a spectator perspective.

I understand some loses have to come from somewhere, but I hope it's not all against those teams. If we can't beat the top tier teams we are basically frauds winning only the games that are "less competitive".

Jaws is a Eagles Homer. I think he is very warped about his opinion of the Skins. I think he feels incomplete as a ex player and a losing quarter back of a Super bowl, and he has never really been able to "Get over the loss". I remember when we drafted Cousins, and there was Jaws poo pooing the selection. Jaws went on and on about the Skins have now created a Quarterback controversy. We move ahead a year, Cousins, still needs grooming. But if any thing, Cousins proofed he can win games.  Plus, Cousins will garner high draft picks if traded.  Hail

Jaworski's comments, based on the fact that he was only saying if he had to pick a team to miss the playoffs, don't bother me.

This unprovoked bull**** from some moron does though:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000234745/article/seahawks-49ers-rams-cards-make-nfc-west-the-nfls-best

"In a total reverse from 2010, I predict every team in the NFC West will finish with at least eight wins. And I actually feel badly for the Rams and Cardinals that they have to play in this battle zone. In fact, if the Rams were in the NFC East, they would win that division, and probably by two games.You read that correctly. The Rams are the third best team in the West and better than the Dallas Cowboys,Philadelphia Eagles, New York Giantsand Washington Redskins." - Adam Schein

First of all, don't be a complete dumbass man. You can definitely make the argument that the NFC West is the best in football and I might even agree. But to say it's not even close when the AFC North and NFC North may be better overall divisions but are overshadowed by the presence of the 49ers and Seahawks is just stupid.

And to take a random and unnecessary shot at the NFC East? First off, I'd give the Rams zero chance of winning our division. They'd maybe have the best defense but Bradford has yet to do anything in several years to prove he'd be anything but the worst quarterback in the division. In fact, they don't have a single offensive weapon that's done a damn thing in this league - not Bradford, not their stable of "who the hell is that?" RB's, they have several young receivers but all of them are unproven - Givens had about 700 yards and 3 TD's last year but he's now their #1 guy. Do they even have a TE?

But yes, Adam, they would win our division by at least 2 games. Suck it easy, Adam.

Yeah I saw that article and chuckled. Rams would win our division by 2 games? I mean they're a solid team but I just don't buy the seahawks and nfc west hype. Nfc west is a division with one super bowl contender and two good teams. Rams and seahawks are on par with the giants, skins and cowboys. All good teams that could beat each other on any given sunday.

I understand some loses have to come from somewhere, but I hope it's not all against those teams. If we can't beat the top tier teams we are basically frauds winning only the games that are "less competitive".

I'm along the same mindset. To be honest though, there isn't a single team on our schedule this year that actually scares me. Our pass rush will be back with Rak in the lineup. And maybe I'm in the minority, but I do believe our secondary will be way better this year, despite two rookies likely getting a lot of playing time. Plus we have an offense that can keep up with the best of them. We might give up 30 plus to those teams, but we can easily score 30+ on them also. 

Archived