Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallasnews.com predicting Redskins split with Cowboys in 2013

Dub70s

I think a split is perfectly reasonable. I think it's funny they see the Cowboys rolling to 8-4 only to crater at 9-7. :)

Really a 7-2 start...

Where do I buy a ticket betting against that?

Seems reasonable. The Cowboys seem to be in the hunt every year.

I think they'll be at .500 and I think we sweep (the division). The Eagles will be fighting for 4 wins again and it'll come down to the end of the season to see if us or the Giants take the East personally.

This year, Redskins sweep the NFC East.   That gives us at least 6 wins.  We also win the NFCE, for back to back division titles.  We go to the Conference title game.  Those are my predictions.  We are building a complete team, training camp in Richmond will help gel the team together into a cohesive whole.  We saw it developing last year under the leadership of Robert, London and the other team captains.  People are no longer here for just a paycheck, they are here because they believe in the program and believe this team is a winner.

That's what I believe also.  The Redskins are winners!  They are building upon last year.  We have depth at every position, something that hasn't been for many years.

Mike Shanahan is 3-0 coming off of Bye Weeks since he's been in Washington.

I am not a betting man... BUT I GUARANTEE that we will beat the Cowboys Columbus day weekend. You give Shanny two weeks to prepare and it is a wrap.

I hate to be that guy, but the Redskins are actually 1-2 coming off the bye since Shanahan's arrival.

2010 - The Monday night annihilation against the Eagles

2011 - Also against the Eagles with Grossman tossing 4 Ints.

2012 - RGIII's perfect game.

However, I believe the Redskins will pull out the victory anyway because until I see Griffin lose to them, I'll think it's an impossibility.  :D  

Mike Shanahan is 3-0 coming off of Bye Weeks since he's been in Washington.

I am not a betting man... BUT I GUARANTEE that we will beat the Cowboys Columbus day weekend. You give Shanny two weeks to prepare and it is a wrap.

I hate to be that guy, but the Redskins are actually 1-2 coming off the bye since Shanahan's arrival.

2010 - The Monday night annihilation against the Eagles

2011 - Also against the Eagles with Grossman tossing 4 Ints.

2012 - RGIII's perfect game.

However, I believe the Redskins will pull out the victory anyway because until I see Griffin lose to them, I'll think it's an impossibility.  :D  

:(

Shoot, I mixed the bye week stats with the season opening stats. He is 3-0 in season opening games. 

And don't hate being that dude, I got something wrong and you helped me realize it. I like that person.

With that being said, I still think we sweep them dudes simply because we are better. 

:(

Shoot, I mixed the bye week stats with the season opening stats. He is 3-0 in season opening games. 

And don't hate being that dude, I got something wrong and you helped me realize it. I like that person.

With that being said, I still think we sweep them dudes simply because we are better. 

Shanahan is undefeated with Griffin after the bye week.  Let's just roll with that ;)

I agree. Dallas will win one of our games. They are gonna be good this year.....but I still hate them.

Well, every season that we've gone to the SB (with the notable exception of the 1987-8 season), we have lost to Dallas at least once during the regular season.  why would anybody think we would break that streak?

I noticed that at the end he claims the Giants win the division at 10-6, with the Cowboys at 9-7 and out of the playoffs.  I wonder how the writer sees the Skins doing.....you would have to assume 9-7 at best, which isn't unreasonable.

I do think its funny how many pubs think we are going to be 3rd or even worse in the division this year. When making predictions, even though injuries happen, you have to assume health, and once the Skins got Garcon back this team finished 7-0.  To me, that finish should weigh more heavily than the 3-6 start.

well we always have this thread to go back to don't we...lol. But...here's what you all have to consider when making all these predictions. I can see predicting a season before I can see an INDIVIDUAL game 5 or 7 weeks down the road. This is a week to week game and there are so many minor injuries that keep guys from playing like sprains, hamstrings, sore shoulders, turf toe (like Garcon) so it is WAY to early to predict a particular game. However...with that said.....

I believe the Cowboys are extremely talented. Some of you homers are as bad as the EXPERTS and just because the SKins got lucky last year in 2 games, you think that what happened in the past will always continue to be. That is foolishness. The Cowboys could have 6 or 7 Pro Bowl Players on their team this year in Romo sits to pee, Bryant, Witten, Ware, Smith, Carr, and maybe Sean Lee. Yes we also have talent, so don't come back with that. The point is not tit for tat. The point is that on a given week we play them, they might have more health that we do and the homefield advantage as well and BAM! They win. Two equally talented teams and when we play...the homefield advantage and HEALTH will be the 2 deciding factors. (however..we will sweep the Eagles with  one hand tied behind our backs because the talent level is not there with Philly)

P.S. I left out all soon to be Hall of Famer Dermarco Murray as somebody who will make the pro bowl this year. I saw him on ESPN today and he says he can rush for 2000 yards.  (perhaps he meant in his career) lol

well we always have this thread to go back to don't we...lol. But...here's what you all have to consider when making all these predictions. I can see predicting a season before I can see an INDIVIDUAL game 5 or 7 weeks down the road. This is a week to week game and there are so many minor injuries that keep guys from playing like sprains, hamstrings, sore shoulders, turf toe (like Garcon) so it is WAY to early to predict a particular game. However...with that said.....

I believe the Cowboys are extremely talented. Some of you homers are as bad as the EXPERTS and just because the SKins got lucky last year in 2 games, you think that what happened in the past will always continue to be. That is foolishness. The Cowboys could have 6 or 7 Pro Bowl Players on their team this year in Romo sits to pee, Bryant, Witten, Ware, Smith, Carr, and maybe Sean Lee. Yes we also have talent, so don't come back with that. The point is not tit for tat. The point is that on a given week we play them, they might have more health that we do and the homefield advantage as well and BAM! They win. Two equally talented teams and when we play...the homefield advantage and HEALTH will be the 2 deciding factors. (however..we will sweep the Eagles with  one hand tied behind our backs because the talent level is not there with Philly)

P.S. I left out all soon to be Hall of Famer Dermarco Murray as somebody who will make the pro bowl this year. I saw him on ESPN today and he says he can rush for 2000 yards.  (perhaps he meant in his career) lol

I actually don't think the Cowboys are necessarily as talented as you make it seem.  Yes, they have talent, but they seriously lack depth in some key areas and, once again, their offensive line is a major issue.  Their pro-bowlers are all getting older, and they carry the weight of recent underachievement and are frankly not led by a very good coach.

I'm not saying this to be a homer, and certainly anyone who's followed this rivalry knows anything can happen on any given day, but for years we've been hearing how talented a group it is, and I think that has been a little misleading.  There is some great talent on that roster, but when you factor in how the window is starting to close a little with some of their key players, as well as the coaching/performance issues that team has had in recent years, I see them as a mediocre team.  I don't expect them to be significantly better than they've been at all, even though our games with them (and all NFCE games for that matter) will be gauntlets.

hahaha.  ONCE AGAIN, the Romo sits to pee choke factor (or really just Cowboys choke factor) is ignored.  All these mentions of normal football things like "they will stop Jamall Charles" and, "well, it will be a hot New Orleans team, so for that reason, they lose".

Haven't we learned, (especially dallas media), that if you're going to do something like this, you might as well mention/predict that the team will throw away a win in embarrassing fashion.  Hmm, maybe the writer does realize that, as he has them losing a potential playoff-spot game.  It's just funny to me that it's always forgotten, every year.  Pretty much THE VERY LAST PASS he threw was one of the worst examples of it so far.

In other words, normal football predicting (which is always just guessing, I know) doesn't apply to tony Romo sits to pee and the cowboys.  Romo sits to pee will be bad when you least expect it....or totally expect it, whatever.  The guy in this thread says homefield and health are the 2 deciding factors.  HA!  You're forgetting the most important factor of all, my friend...

Now, how many offseasons do the cowboys have to be called 'extremely talented', then fail before we stop calling them "extremely talented".  Seriously, what is all this damn talent everyone talks about?  Dez Bryant?  Sure, he's great.  A lot of teams have a great receiver.  They have Miles Austin too, neato.  Ware?  He looked like a damn fool trying to figure out the Redskins.  I recall some very small white dude making a handful of plays on Thanksgiving, nobody included him in this 'super talent' pool.  I'm just tired of hearing how 'talented' the cowboys are, what does that even mean.  Weren't some of there players in a metal band?  Maybe they win a lot of talent shows.

hahaha.  ONCE AGAIN, the Romo sits to pee choke factor (or really just Cowboys choke factor) is ignored.  All these mentions of normal football things like "they will stop Jamall Charles" and, "well, it will be a hot New Orleans team, so for that reason, they lose".

Haven't we learned, (especially dallas media), that if you're going to do something like this, you might as well mention/predict that the team will throw away a win in embarrassing fashion.  Hmm, maybe the writer does realize that, as he has them losing a potential playoff-spot game.  It's just funny to me that it's always forgotten, every year.  Pretty much THE VERY LAST PASS he threw was one of the worst examples of it so far.

nah if you read through everything.. the writer has the Cowboys choking down the stretch.  I think starting at 7-2 but going 2-5 down the stretch...  Sad that their own beat writers are predicting that the team will choke once again.

Appears to be wishful literature. Let's look at the major known factors. Dallass will be rolling out a new defense and trying it on like a new suit. Meanwhile the Skinz are in the secomd year of their O and franchise QB. Some might dwell in cynicism and reflect on past events or SR management decision making. I'm looking at the product on the field. Nothing has happened to indicate that somehow dallass makes this miracle SB run. With RGIII under cwnter i'll take my odds against any team out there. Last year I saw is close out dallass w/ a 300 yd rushing game and a one legged rookie under center. So for those who like to say we barely won or squeaked one out. Thats what the good teams do to get the W.

Ah, once again, the so-called football gurus of Mediotville are sprinkling their angels dust [ or snorting angeldust ]  and setting the Cowboys up once again for the ever dramatic 2nd half collapse.

A tree just fell in a forest somewhere.

My concerns are not of the Cowboys, Eagles, or even the Giants; MY concerns are with the team wearing the burgundy & gold, and how they approach this season.

1 of 2 things will happen;

1]  they get into training camp focused, eager to learn, and maybe even have a little chip on their shoulder, if it helps their mental state going into the season.

2] they walk onto the field on gameday,  a la Rams Bengals [ you get the point ] and their pants are pulled down and they are spanked, from over-confidence, arrogance, and possibly a little " oh, RGIII can cover up my mistakes", and they end up being 3-5 through the 1st half of the season.  In ways it resembles Dallas, at times thats their attitude on opponents, and thats why they are perennial chokers, and are the pun of many jokes during the season.

Lets hope the 2013 Redskins come out with a little chip on their shoulder; some may think the only reason we're winning is RGIII, and that can be a superb motivational tool, if used correctly. Dallas isn't the concern, the Redskins attitude towards Dallas in their games is what i'm concerned with.

SIC

Archived