Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Speaking of MVP, I think we're going to get an incredible three man race between LeBron, Kawhi, and Westbrook.  But don't count out Paul George.  I know that sounds ridiculous now, but Paul George has shown MVP caliber play in the past before falling off at about the half way mark.  I think this could be the year where he finally gets it done for the whole season.

People forget about Paul George.

Another one that's been forgotten is MKG.  Steve Clifford has been talking up how much MKG has improved this offseason.  If that's true, and MKG is actually a good shooter from distance now, then that could be huge.  When he left Kentucky he was all athleticism, ferocity, rebounding, ball handling, and court vision.  If he's got a refined scoring game that includes a good three ball, he can go from being Gerald Wallace to competing with Paul George and Kawhi Leonard.

I'm skeptical and it goes without saying that he's done absolutely nothing to prove himself worthy of that kind of consideration so far.  But the talent is there for him to make the big leap.  This kid was a blue chipper who had his career stalled by injuries and lack of shooting ability.

18 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Another one that's been forgotten is MKG.  Steve Clifford has been talking up how much MKG has improved this offseason.  If that's true, and MKG is actually a good shooter from distance now, then that could be huge.  When he left Kentucky he was all athleticism, ferocity, rebounding, ball handling, and court vision.  If he's got a refined scoring game that includes a good three ball, he can go from being Gerald Wallace to competing with Paul George and Kawhi Leonard.

I'm skeptical and it goes without saying that he's done absolutely nothing to prove himself worthy of that kind of consideration so far.  But the talent is there for him to make the big leap.  This kid was a blue chipper who had his career stalled by injuries and lack of shooting ability.

I hope you are right Steve.  I know we were a better team with him last season in the 7 games he got to play.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

7 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

Also, Lebron is playing with absolutely NO pressure this year.  That's a scary thing. 

I dont think such a thing exists.  He has LESS pressure, perhaps, relative to previous years. Lebron will always have pressure, IMO, because he's chasing things bigger than any individual year's performance.  

7 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

Only one game, but the Achilles heel for the Warriors was exposed last night...lack of rebounding and the bench. 

I concur, that bench is utter garbage.  I suspect any and every cheap but not terrible player that becomes available will be ticketed to GS this season.

But getting blown out like that on a national stage in the first game could be great for them long term this season.  Right outta the gate they got smacked in the mouth.

5 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's won the NBA.  He's already solidified himself as top 4 ever IMO.  Now he's just playing for bonus rings and MVP awards.

He wants GOAT and #1 though, not top 4.

Watching the OKC game, I think there's no way Westbrook will get the MVP because OKC wont be good enough. Even with his heroics, they might win 45 games and be 6th in the West. In the history of the award, I'd be willing to bet no guy has won MVP on a team that wasnt at or near the top if the conference, if not the league.

Edited by justice98

Sucks to drop 50 in a loss.  New Orleans did a poor job building around Davis.

Myles Turner had a big game.  Thought he looked a lot like LaMarcus Aldridge coming out of college.  If he pans out, then Indy is going to be good.  Nate McMillan has a ton of offensive talent on that roster to work with.  Their defense will be **** though.  Paul George is their only rotation player who doesn't suck on defense.