Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

4 minutes ago, daveakl said:

Philly in two years will be a top 4 team in the east.

I don't know about that.

The only teams in the East that are going to matter in two years are the same ones that matter now: Cleveland and Boston.

I'd place more of a bet on the Knicks being a top four team in the East in two years than Philly.

19 minutes ago, daveakl said:

Philly in two years will be a top 4 team in the east.

Whatever we'll see. Ben Simmons who I'm not that high on anyway is already hurt. Doing nothing but tanking for top 3 picks doesn't work, at some point you gotta go in and actually try to win.

If Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid both work out big time, then Philly will still be like four years away from doing anything.

It seems crazy to take a chance on Embiid over Noel and Okafor, but that's the high upside play.  So they need to figure out what to do with Noel and Okafor.  They're going to get pennies on the dollar for them considering their individual potential.  But they should at least be able to get capable starters for them so they can fill out a rotation and become a real team.

Last night's Warriors preseason game supported my belief that Durant is going to take that team over.  Steph and Thompson are still incredible shooters, but they can't turn a shot fake from three point land into an emphatic dunk in just three strides.     

And McGee has to make that team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daveakl said:

The strategy always was to tank until they had a top 10 NBA talent. In Simmons they now have that. Next year they can start adding the veteran pieces to finish out the roster instead of having rookie / jags in those spots.

Embiid is arguably a bigger talent than Simmons, and he is back

They can also get something good for Okafor and something decent for Noel when they trade those two, provided Embiid is healthy.

• Like 1

If Simmons learns to shoot he's a superstar in the making.  There aren't a lot of 6'10 guys with his handles, passing instincts, and athleticism.  Embiid can be a great center, but I think on potential alone Simmons is way ahead of any young player right now other than The Unibrow simply because of that versatility.

Embiid might be a damn good center.  Simmons might be a poor mans Lebron.  Problem is both of those bigs have very serious foot injuries.  

I think people are sleeping on Okafor.  His offense by his third year is going to be insane.  They need to showcase him until they are sure the other two are healthy, and good enough to build around, then trade one for an elite point guard or scoring wing.  I know people love defensive centers but I think his defense will be good enough by then.  Most teams lack Deandre Jordan, and get along just fine.  The current champion lacks an elite rim protector.  This seasons champ is going to start a guy named Zaza.  

22 minutes ago, Destino said:

If Simmons learns to shoot he's a superstar in the making.  There aren't a lot of 6'10 guys with his handles, passing instincts, and athleticism.  Embiid can be a great center, but I think on potential alone Simmons is way ahead of any young player right now other than The Unibrow simply because of that versatility.

Embiid might be a damn good center.  Simmons might be a poor mans Lebron.  Problem is both of those bigs have very serious foot injuries.  

I think people are sleeping on Okafor.  His offense by his third year is going to be insane.  They need to showcase him until they are sure the other two are healthy, and good enough to build around, then trade one for an elite point guard or scoring wing.  I know people love defensive centers but I think his defense will be good enough by then.  Most teams lack Deandre Jordan, and get along just fine.  The current champion lacks an elite rim protector.  This seasons champ is going to start a guy named Zaza.  

Embiid is on the KAT, Porzingis plane of talent. Arguably he is a higher talent. Look at how big he is but how coordinated he is. He has a real post game and is a defensive game changer. Embiid, imo, is a bigger talent than Simmons just because he is 7'3" but so fluid, and can pass the ball. I would not be surprised if his per 36 splits were like 20/10.

He legit looks like Olajuwon but 7'3".

Edited by BenningRoadSkin

1 hour ago, Predicto said:

Embid has some skills and very good natural coordination for a big man, but comparing his coordination level to Hakeem?   Way too far.  Hakeem moved like a cat.   

For a person who is 7'3", its am absurd level. I think its valid.

Like I said earlier, he may be a bigger talent than Porzingis/KAT. All I know is that the center position is back.

1 hour ago, DM72 said:

Somebody watched Atlanta last night.

I SURE DID, LOL.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin

Embiid is an unbelievable talent.  I watched him a lot at Kansas and he was a beast and I would have picked him #1 that year too, no question.  He has the potential to be the best throwback two way center since Tim Duncan was in his prime.

But you have to be cautious about making projections with him because he could easily be the next Greg Oden instead.  He has serious back and foot injuries in his history.

• Like 1