Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I liked Snoop's explanation for his first pitch...

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/news/a45954/snoop-dogg-first-pitch-padres/

Snoop Dogg Blames His Garbage First Pitch on the Garbage Padres

"The Padres are what, 26-40? You can't expect me to go out there and groove in a sweet Snoop sinker when you're 14 games out of first place; that would make for some wack proportionality. I'm a performer, and I performed in precisely the manner that the moment required. Everybody laughed, which is the appropriate response when your team is a joke."

• Like 4

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--union-proposing-to-use-tv-revenue-to-help-fund-health-insurance-for-former-nba-players-214505553.html

The National Basketball Players Association is proposing to use millions of dollars of its share of the NBA's impending television revenue windfall to cover health-care insurance costs for its former players, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The plan is estimated to cost between $10 million-$15 million a year and a vote on passage of the union's initiative is set for the NBPA's July 20 membership meeting in Las Vegas. The union's 30 team player representatives are expected to pass the plan with ease and start the process of covering the retired players quickly, league sources said.

The NBPA has been researching the names and addresses of the approximate 1,500 living ex-players and hoping to offer three separate health-care options to them, sources said.

Stories of destitute ex-players needing basic medical care – including the inability to afford the likes of knee and hip replacements – moved executive director Michele Roberts, director of player relations Roger Mason and the NBPA's executive committee to probe the idea with the league's players, sources said. Several players told Yahoo Sports that they're enthusiastic over the idea.

• Like 3

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2654314-mike-krzyzewski-thinks-team-usa-needs-to-tone-down-its-antics?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

As Team USA's 107-57 victory over China neared its conclusion on Tuesday night, the Americans found themselves having quite a bit of fun at their opponents' expense.

That didn't sit well with Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski.

Whether it was Kevin Durant prematurely celebrating a missed basket or DeMar DeRozan trying to throw down a 360 dunk on a defender (leading to a technical on Durant for celebrating too much on the bench), Coach K was less than amused with his team's antics.

Don't care what Coach K thinks.  His colors were showing in Duke's loss to Oregon. 

On top of it all...if Derozan landed that dunk, that would arguably be one of the top 2/3 in the history of the game.  Epic miss...

What are you talking about? He lectured that player not to run up the score. He told these guys here the same thing. Play with class. When have you ever seen him be classless? 

• Like 1

The lie was the problem. A legend in the game should never feel like he can't speak his mind to a player. Coach K can tell any young guy he wants to stop running up the score. Hell, he can tell him a great deal more than that IMO. It's no different than old heads complaining about Steph. Those at the top of the mountain get to look down on those still climbing.

I disagree. You don't coach another teams player. You talk to his coach.

And that **** was nothing, nothing but sour grapes from coach k.

I agree with you about coaching.  Complaining however is not coaching and has long been a favored habit of the old.  Coach K didn't like getting shown up by some young punk and he delivered the basketball version of "kids these days have no respect."  This is a no harm down situation that should make us all chuckle.  The problem is the old guy in this situation decided to lie about it.  Lying is bad and we should all frown about it while shaking our heads.... and that's the end of it. 

• Like 1

I read Draymond Green suffered a bit of poetic justice on social media, he even complained about being hacked immediately afterwards like he did on the court when his antics brought us to this particular subject matter.  He's having a hell of an offseason.