Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

NBA pulls 2017 All-Star Game from Charlotte, focuses on New Orleans. @WojVerticalNBA report on @TheVertical.

Failure of North Carolina to change discriminatory legislation targeting the state’s LGBT community pushing NBA to abandon Charlotte game.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

Yeah Iverson will make it. I think the only MVP from the last 25 years who might not make it is Rose. I think Zo, Payton, and C Webb would all be good choices. I guess Reggie Miller too, though I'm not crazy about that. Nor Melo, but he has been a key player on some of the best Team USAs and he is as deserving as Dwight and Bosh.

Don't know about Tim Hardaway though. If they left Mullin off, they should probably leave Hardaway off too.

Kawhi Leonard could make the team. Already has two DPOYs and a ring. A high finish in MVP voting too. Five more years of accomplishments could get him on it.

I could see Leonard.  Here's a question, in that time Cavs make 3 more Championships (which I don't think is out of the question) and win one and Kyrie plays well during the stretch and in the finals (is clearly at least the 2nd best player in that run), is he a reasonable choice?

Does a team that makes 5 NBA championships and wins 2 get more than one player?

Edited by PeterMP

I wouldn't choose him ahead of someone like James Harden, and I wouldn't choose Harden. Irving needs to have some good regular seasons and be seen as a true peer to LeBron and a potential MVP candidate to achieve that kind of recognition.

In '14-15, he averaged over 20 points a game, with an assist/TO ratio over 2, and an effective shooting percentage over 50%.

Last year he was coming off the injury.  If he repeats more '14-15 seasons?

Advanced stats in like PER and WS put '14-15 on par with Worthy's and Parish's best seasons (behind McHale, Pippen, and Stockton).

What is the closest the likes of Worthy, Pippen, Parrish, McHale, and Stockton ever came to an MVP?

In that case, I'm changing my Center to Patrick Ewing.

Better play under the 90s rules.   I liked Ewing, he was great in his time, but he was a slow footed and mechanical guy who thrived because he got endless one on one midrange jumpers due to the illegal defense rules.  In today's game, he would be much less effective.  

In contrast, guys like Hakeem and David Robinson probably would be as good or better today than they were back then. 

NBA pulls 2017 All-Star Game from Charlotte, focuses on New Orleans. @WojVerticalNBA report on @TheVertical.

Failure of North Carolina to change discriminatory legislation targeting the state’s LGBT community pushing NBA to abandon Charlotte game.

Yeah, this sucks for Charlotte :(  I read they would bring it back in 2019 if the law gets changed.  IMO, this horrible, disgusting and stupid bill is nothing but a political move for Governor **** face to get the bigots fired up before election time to go out and vote republican.  

But not to derail into a political tirade.  I was actually thinking of trying to attend the game or some of the activities like the dunk contest/3pt/etc.  Would have been pretty cool.  Well, hopefully I can in 2019 :/

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

I think there is a good chance it gets changed, but won't happen until 2017 after the elections if Roy Cooper can beat McCrory. If gov. **** faces wins, late 2017-2018.

Hopefully you get to take tazette in the near future. That'd be a great daddy /daughter date.

Edited by Major Harris

Remember chuck knaublach? Who was the pitcher that suddenly couldn't throw a strike to save his life?

Rick Ankiel, I believe.  Then he became a stud outfielder.

But seriously, it's like some of these dudes throwing out first pitches have never thrown anything in their lives.  It makes no sense that a professional athlete looks so uncoordinated when throwing a ball. 

• Like 1

Rick Ankiel, I believe.  Then he became a stud outfielder.

But seriously, it's like some of these dudes throwing out first pitches have never thrown anything in their lives.  It makes no sense that a professional athlete looks so uncoordinated when throwing a ball.

I'm certain that alcohol has something to do with it in many cases.

I'm certain that alcohol has something to do with it in many cases.

Also trying to throw hard for the camera.  

When I lob a baseball casually, I'm very accurate.   But when I try to throw a baseball hard, like at one of those carnival speed gun targets, forget it.   I not only miss the target, I probably miss the entire wall.  

and even throwing as hard as I can I'm lucky if I break 60 mph - Sad!

Edited by Predicto

He's never thrown a baseball before?  If not, you would think he would practice some instead of looking like a chump on national tv.

I'd bet he's never played baseball before. As odd as that sounds for me, it seemed like the generation behind me completely gave up on baseball and found it too boring/slow. But I agree, I would take my rich ass to a Sports Authority, buy some baseballs, and force my entourage to attempt to be a catcher so I got all of my embarrassing attempts out of my system from the privacy of my backyard. Not on national television. 

• Like 1

Baba Booey is the best

Anyway, I'll have some of what DRose is smoking please...

http://www.nba.com/2016/news/features/lang_whitaker/07/21/confidence-high-on-knicks-season-for-derrick-rose/

ROSE: ....I mean, with these teams right now, they're saying us and Golden State are the super teams, and they're trying not to build that many super teams, and Adam Silver came out with the statement and this and that.

Yeah Rose is high as a mother****er

And I play centerfield in softball and I can't throw worth **** but dang that's embarrassing. He's still a world class athlete. You can't Gronk spike the pitch basicslly. Get it somewhere

Jordan would have thrown a 100 mph strike.

Lebron would have fallen off the mound during his windup

• Like 2