Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

4 hours ago, Predicto said:

Indy is a one man team.  George is fantastic, but they aren't surprising anyone until he gets more help.

They have a good starting five and solid bench.  Their season depends on the health of Paul George, but if he is healthy, it wouldn't surprise me if they got the three seed.  He's got a nice group of players around him.  Their defense is soft now, and I never liked the firing of Vogel, but they should be one of the best offensive teams in the league next season and they've got a stud to carry them.  Their pieces fit together intelligently, unlike the frankenstein situations in Chicago and New York.

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Wonder what happens with the Lakers. Even if they ride this out and try to develop these guys im still not sure if the end result is anything other than a pretty good, but not contender level team.

Westbrook could be in play again in the future, but they are not the destination they used to be, and their management is horrid. Could be awhile before they return (if they ever do) ,to championship quality

I don't think they're going to stick with the long term rebuilding plan of developing all their young guys together.  They're going to trade them off in packages to try and build a super team IMO.

I think there is a depressingly good chance that they are going to end up with John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins in two summers.  And I think they'll also have a good chance at getting Paul George too.

Reasons why:

1 - Wall is showing signs of unhappiness in DC.  And he's made it known he wants the franchise to deal for Cousins.  We don't really have the assets (or much of a desire) to make that happen.  Point being, I think he really wants to play with Cousins (and always has) and he'd be perfectly willing to leave DC to make it happen.

He's also got a home in LA and spends his offseasons training there.  He likes the city.  He's also voiced displeasure about the branding opportunities he has available to him right now, playing with the Wizards.  The fanbase is tiny and he's basically playing in anonymity.  John is a star and wants to live like one.  The second half of his career could end up being completely different from the first by moving to LA.

And lastly, he is tired of playing in front of dead crowds or fans rooting for the visiting team.  He got booed at the FT line in the Verizon Center last season during a couple of games.  That disgraceful **** really pissed him off.  The Lakers, have a gigantic army of bandwagon fans across the country and that is absolutely going to appeal to him.

He's also no stranger to playing for bad management, so I don't think Kupchak is going to turn him off.

2 - I think Sacramento has zero chance at keeping Cousins in 2018.  He has been deeply unhappy for almost the entire time he's been there.  He's really wanted to play with Wall his whole NBA career, and I'm like 99% sure that Cousins will follow Wall if he goes to a team with cap space for two max deals.  I can also see Sacramento recognizing that they won't keep Cousins and trading him to the Lakers for some of LA's young assets.  And I can see LA then using Cousins to pitch Wall on signing there, which I think would work.

3 - I haven't heard of Paul George being unhappy in Indy, so there is probably a good chance he stays.  But there are also some decent reasons to think he would want to join Wall or Cousins or both in LA.  First off, he's from LA, so there is the going home appeal.  Second, he's fairly close with them.  They all came into the league together and have that similar kind of bond that LeBron, Wade, and Bosh did.  Third, like Sacramento and Washington, Indy has a one star construction.  The chance to play with other guys of his caliber has to be pretty appealing to PG.

I obviously hope it doesn't happen, and the summer of 2018 is still a long ways off, but don't be surprised if that exact scenario and team construction plays out.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Man if LA got Boogie and Wall that wouldn't be fair.

That would give them another generation of one of the premier bigs in the game

I wouldn't say all that. I mean, Cousins played with Rondo, and a few other decent players in Sac, yet couldn't elevate them to the playoffs. I think both Wall and Cousins put up a bunch of hollow numbers, personally.

The two of them would definitely elevate the Lakers to contending for the 8 seed tho. But only if they are able to keep some of their young talent already in place.

Edited by Ray-Ban Dan

It's going to be very difficult to fit two new max salaries at the same time in upcoming years.   This year, the cap jumped a ton and there was too much money chasing too few players.  A couple of years from now, things will have become more stable, the players you already have will be eating up almost all of the cap.   Teams will really have to gut themselves in order to have enough space for two new maxes at the same time.  It's incredibly risky because you have no guarantee that the free agents you want will actually come to you, and if they don't, you are left with nothing and have to overpay for the Ian Mahnimi's of the world.  Not even the Lakers can be sure of getting free agents, and now they are stuck with the Mosgov and Deng contracts.    

13 minutes ago, Predicto said:

Teams will really have to gut themselves in order to have enough space for two new maxes at the same time.  It's incredibly risky because you have no guarantee that the free agents you want will actually come to you, and if they don't, you are left with nothing and have to overpay for the Ian Mahnimi's of the world.  Not even the Lakers can be sure of getting free agents, and now they are stuck with the Mosgov and Deng contracts.    

Predicto cuts deep.

52 minutes ago, Destino said:

Predicto cuts deep.

Sorry - I've lived it too.  The Warriors sucked for 30 years straight, and tried to play the free agency game many times, and never hit.   We would gut the team to make cap room, try for stars, not get them, and have to fill the void by overpaying the available Andres Biedrens and David Lee's of the world.  I know how frustrating that is.   

Mahnami might actually be pretty good, btw

• Like 1

Tha hell, went to DirectTV website to see how much league pass would cost.  I think outside my Hornets, I'd like to watch the Warriors play, could be a record breaking season.  They don't even have pricing for their NBA League Pass on there yet.  It's pre-season........how they not have that yet?