Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

40 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I underestimated his they would be defensively, sans Bogut. LeBron has already beaten the Warriors once, and owns KD. He's not going to back down in June

No he isn't, and the Cavs look better this year than last.

With that said, the Dubs defense misses Bogut and Ezili, but the defense has gotten much, much better over the five games so far.  They shut down Westbrook last night - 4-15, six turnovers, and held OKC to 40% as a team.  

In the first couple of games they suffered from lack of rim protection because they were trying to play the same defensive style as last year, but Pachoulia is a banger who can't block shots.  So they have adjusted, are swarming more, and are getting rim protection from Durant and Draymond collapsing off the weak side instead.   I doubt they can get to the defensive level they had with Bogut, but they are going to be in the top 5-7 teams on defensive efficiency by the end of the season.  

1 hour ago, Predicto said:

No he isn't, and the Cavs look better this year than last.

With that said, the Dubs defense misses Bogut and Ezili, but the defense has gotten much, much better over the five games so far.  They shut down Westbrook last night - 4-15, six turnovers, and held OKC to 40% as a team.  

I

Every time I read "Ezili" I get mad that Steve Kerr took almost no heat for his coaching in the finals.  I also think he failed in his job as head coach to advocate on behalf of his players during that series. 

• Like 1

The Warriors are going to destroy everything in their path this year.  They are too good.  They've broken the competitive balance of the league.  I'm glad that the Cavs got their ring already because they ain't getting another one any time soon.  In your heart of hearts, you all know this is true.  Just accept that darkness and evil have won.

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The Warriors are going to destroy everything in their path this year.  They are too good.  They've broken the competitive balance of the league.  I'm glad that the Cavs got their ring already because they ain't getting another one any time soon.  In your heart of hearts, you all know this is true.  Just accept that darkness and evil have won.

Stop trying to reverse jinx them, you don't even believe any of this. 

Reverse jinxes are my shtick around here

24 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Stop trying to reverse jinx them, you don't even believe any of this. 

Reverse jinxes are my shtick around here

I 100% believe it and don't understand how anyone couldn't believe it.  The winningest team in NBA history just added an MVP caliber top 3 player in free agency.  This is unprecedented.  They are the most loaded post merger team ever.  They are going to be rip off at least a threepeat before they start showing any cracks.

7 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I 100% believe it and don't understand how anyone couldn't believe it.  The winningest team in NBA history just added an MVP caliber top 3 player in free agency.  This is unprecedented.  They are the most loaded post merger team ever.  They are going to be rip off at least a threepeat before they start showing any cracks.

They had the best starting 5 in the league last year too. Their depth was what made them truly special enough to set the wins record by being able to push a 10pt lead to 18 or cut a 15pt deficit to 7 while starters rested. Their margin for error has shrunk substantially. 

Not to mention Klay went from a legit top 10-15 player and now looks completely lost. 

Plus, there is no guarantee Durant or Curry are even on this team in 2 years. 

12 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

One of their nine losses last season was to the Lakers, by 18.

That was a late in the season loss by a team that was feeling the cost of flying too close to the sun.  That's not this, but even if we ignore the two big losses in just six games the eye test remains.  This isn't the team that was extremely fun to watch last season.  They looked great beating OKC, but they looked good in the way we're used to seeing good teams look.  Great talent, not necessarily great basketball.  

41 minutes ago, Destino said:

That was a late in the season loss by a team that was feeling the cost of flying too close to the sun.  That's not this, but even if we ignore the two big losses in just six games the eye test remains.  This isn't the team that was extremely fun to watch last season.  They looked great beating OKC, but they looked good in the way we're used to seeing good teams look.  Great talent, not necessarily great basketball.  

Yeah, this GS team is going to be more like the 2014-15 team that won the championship imo.  They were still fun to watch in 2014-15, but I think last season being so historic has kinda put a damper on expectations.  They went 67-15 that year and started off 5-2. then ripped off a 16 game winning streak to then go 2-3 over the next five games.  One of those losses was at the hands of the Lakers, only 27 games into the season.

Couldn't agree more, great talent, sloppy ball at times.  I think there are going to be games like this more often than not, especially with three dominant scorers like Curry, Thompson and Durant.  And with Klay being off and if Curry is off, it's all on KD.  

On 11/4/2016 at 6:58 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

No

On 11/4/2016 at 0:46 AM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

So almost half of GS' games are at 10-10:30pm..........making me wonder if it's worth getting the league pass or not.  Lot of money involved.

You can get any game for seven bucks.

Any team for 120. 

I get them all...because for all the games it's 200. 

The NFL needs to get with that program. I watch all the games...but I would love to pay less just for the redskins games. At least give me the option.