Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 minute ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

DeRozan has fraud tendencies too even in San Antonio....it's contagious 

Stuff like that is really between the ears and you need leaders to help block that out so the confidence doesn't get sucked out the whole team.  Does Toronto need more players like that? Apparently yes.  GM picked the players they have, though, why I'm not high on getting the executive from Houston, I don't want that culture here, either.

Why would a GM leave their job to come to Washington? Currently the team has one all-star, one mega-contract that will be an anchor, some shorter terrible contracts, a bad starting rotation and no bench. To say nothing of Ernie sending away assets whenever possible.

13 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I don’t think the GM at Indiana or Toronto have anxiety about their jobs 

Toronto might, but I was talking more about how hard it is for Ted to fire GMs.  I think the Indiana guy is from the DMV, why I bring him up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

Why would a GM leave their job to come to Washington? Currently the team has one all-star, one mega-contract that will be an anchor, some shorter terrible contracts, a bad starting rotation and no bench. To say nothing of Ernie sending away assets whenever possible.

apparently being in DC would work better for Masai to continue his Basketball Without Borders program

probably not enough to pry him away, but its out there

1 hour ago, FunkedUp said:

Will Lebron's closing chapter with the Lakers be less dignified than MJ's with the Wiz?

He has more chances to get to playoffs which would change the convo.  Jordan didnt give up, he was jus too old to carry the team he put around him, which sucked.

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

they could do a lot worse than Lue

They aren’t hiring him because he’s the best coach they can get.  They’re hiring him because Lebron wants someone that already knows how to defer to Lebron. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Destino said:

They aren’t hiring him because he’s the best coach they can get.  They’re hiring him because Lebron wants someone that already knows how to defer to Lebron. 

if you have LeBron, thats the most important characteristic of a coach. they can't waste whats left of Bron's career trying to hope a coach can do it

Edited by StillUnknown

16 minutes ago, Destino said:

I'm actually bummed we'll never get to see LeBron with a coach that was at the same or similar level to him. Wish he went to San Antonio or something, feel is legacy will always be the guy who wanted it his way but coulda had more.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I give Lue 30 games before he goes the route of Frank Pentangeli

Lue:  “We was like the Roman Empire” 

Lebron: “yeah it was once...” 

14 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

A very enjoyable basketball game.  

Any game Boston loses is an enjoyable basketball game 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Destino said:

Giannis took 22 free throws in this game.  He attacked the Celtics relentlessly all game.

You can hack the crap out of him on those drives but he just powers through you.

I thought his defense was outstanding too.  His dominance is holistic.

I really like this Milwaukee team. Palpably great chemistry and blue collar attitude from everyone, including Giannis.  They are worthy.

4 hours ago, FunkedUp said:

Will Lebron's closing chapter with the Lakers be less dignified than MJ's with the Wiz?

I think so.  Maybe I'm not remembering MJ with the Wizards correctly, but it was really fun if you were here.  However, I don't think anyone expected MJ, as good as he was even for his age then, to take the Wizards to the finals or anything.  

That didn't seem to be the narrative with LeBron going to the Lakers.  I don't think anyone thought the Lakers would take GSW this year, but if Durant leaves and LeBron could recruit someone...maybe, just maybe, they could take GSW next year.  I don't think anyone had super high expectations for them, other than getting to the playoffs this year.  It seemed like everyone was pointing to NEXT year as the year for the Lakers.  Let LeBron get settled in, build a proper team around him, etc.

I don't think that's going to happen.  LeBron, as big and as strong as he is, might be breaking down.  The Lakers, contrary to what ESPN believes, don't seem to be a marquee FA destination anymore.  When Paul George stays in OKC with Russ?  C'mon.  All LA has shown is that Jeanie Buss is coasting on whatever goodwill fumes her dad left her, Magic, as much as everyone loves him, wasn't that great of a GM and anytime Rob Pelinka is mentioned it's followed with "That dude looks like Rob Lowe" and "He was Jalen Rose's college teammate."  

So from an expectation standpoint, I think it'll be less dignified.  Maybe less dignified is the wrong word.  Certainly more disappointing.  How much of that rests on LeBron's shoulders?  I dunno.  At the very least, I think he made an error in judgement.  I think, maybe, he saw the Bucks and Celtics coming up in the East and knew he wasn't going to have an easy path to the Finals every year.  I think he thought that he'd play the pied piper and everyone would follow him to LA.  Oops.

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Giannis took 22 free throws in this game.  He attacked the Celtics relentlessly all game.

The MVP.  

Got smacked around a little bit in Game One and has come back with a vengeance.  He's not taking **** from anyone.