Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

There will be many moments between now and start of next season that Paul George will just randomly scream out "IT WAS A BAD SHOT!"

Lillard gave us an all-time performance last night. He may never win a ring, but last night was his legacy game

Edited by StillUnknown

I fell asleep watching that one. Those first round West matchup are always murder on my sleep schedule. 

Dame had a hell of a series. Shame what happened to Nurkic.... They may have been good enough to lose in 6 or 7 to GS. I have zero confidence in Houston.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

41 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

So I figured out why ratings were so bad

- it's no Lebron

- the East series were all terrible. Every team won in 4 or 5 games. There's only one good series right now in the West where the Nuggets are up 3-2. :laugh:

I think there needs to be a new way of gauging overall interest.  Common tv ratings are outdated. People are working more,  splurging on less, and there are more programs now that are worth watching than ever before.

Then you have companies like Netflix that gauge interest through social media, which I think is ludicrous.

Sports is especially dubious, because you have the bar factor and various apps 

• Like 1

Ratings are down because younger generations don't enjoy watching sports. "Son of Fergasun" was watching OKC-POR with me... when Thunder went up 102 to 90 he went onto something else. Even as the gap closed to 6 or 5 and I was yelling at him to watch, he didn't come watch. We were also following SJS vs. VGK -- again, he didn't care... told me it was too hard to follow the puck.

It was a bad shot... but great players make bad shots like that. I couldn't stop thinking about Jordsn over Craig Ehlo.... Lilliard over Paul George...

11 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I can't count how many layups Russ missed this series. Does he normally do so poorly at the rim?

He is still a great player...

The Thunder aren't a great 3 pt shooting team so I think Portland tried to clog the paint, forcing Westbrook into jumpers. Got him out of his game.

Basically became "If Russ hits his jumpers we win; if not, we lose"

George clearly wasn't right either, but Westbrook flat out lost them this series

Edited by Mr. Sinister

2 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I can't count how many layups Russ missed this series. Does he normally do so poorly at the rim?

He is still a great player...

yes

For his athleticism, he is terrible finishing at the rim. (compared to the best players)

BBall Breakdown had a great video about his struggle at the rim a few years ago, but the NBA forced them to take it down.

20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Lillard is the most underrated player in the league.

What do you mean by underrated?

Dude was All NBA first team last year and will be on the second team this year, which will be his fourth.

Is he underrated in that he should he isn't rated correctly? Like he is a top 10 player and we haven't said it? Or is he underrated in that people aren't showing him enough love and attention?

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Gotta earn that. Getting pasted by NO doesn't help that.

Steph Curry was probably underrated in the minds of some, before 2015. Dame just needs more playoff W's

This exactly. The NO thing hurt his public image pretty good but I think this will help it. Another good series and I will be tired of hearing about him by this time next year. 

8 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

There will be many moments between now and start of next season that Paul George will just randomly scream out "IT WAS A BAD SHOT!" 

Of course a 37 foot off the dribble three with a hand in your face is a bad shot, but guys like Lillard and Curry are different.  You do have to defend them differently and pressure the ball way further out than for anyone else because they make that kind of ****.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Of course a 37 foot off the dribble three with a hand in your face is a bad shot, but guys like Lillard and Curry are different.  You do have to defend them differently and pressure the ball way further out than for anyone else because they make that kind of ****.

Remember prime Gilbert Arenas? Dude hit from that kind of range all the time.

7 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Lillard > Kyrie. 

Kyrie was elevated due LeBron. 

Curry>>>

That take may be a little too hot.  LeBron needed super sayian Kyrie to beat yall 73 win team, Dame doesnt have a ring yet nor even been to the finals.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Remember prime Gilbert Arenas? Dude hit from that kind of range all the time.

Hibachi!!!